Dream Car Build Thread: My Toyota Supra

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Sadly, being concerned about wheel gap and/or ground clearance are both incorrect. What people SHOULD be concerned with is PERFORMANCE. If you have optimum geometry and maximum grip with it 8" off the ground (stock mustang), then you should be 8" off the ground. Nothing is optimal in the stock mustang suspension, so please don't leave your mustang high in the air on its factory 4x4 suspension.

I'm just saying that the focus of any and all modifications done to a vehicle's suspension should be to improve handling, not reducing something so trivial as the wheel-to-fender gap.

This mindset is 100% correct in a performance application.

Blah blah blah performance blah blah blah. I just want zero wheelgap and I'm happy.

This mindset is 100% correct in today's "street scene".

Rwbe40A.gif

Anyways.... Ryan, paint the car orange you ****er.

:p

Then there's this guy...

Sinned83

Reaction score
I bet You could make some $ off this car with the new movie out

Caboose302

Reaction score
I really don't like red cars, but a guy I ran around with in high school had a dark red one that was absolutely beautiful. I think whatever color you decide will look killer on those cars. If you're planning on flipping it you're probably better off with white or orange to ride the F&F wave.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Congrats man! I liked it with the body kit and wheels though... I say slap a turbo on it and throw some 93 octane in it and see how much of the ozone you can kill lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What about the purple with white wheels I tagged you in on IG?

I saw I white one on the highway today. Broke my neck.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
That purp car on IG was tits for sure, but I don't know if I could really paint my own car purple. I've got the choices narrowed down to silver, white, and anthracite. For now, I think I can make the silver paint that's on it work pretty well. It's turning out halfway decent surprisingly.

I drove the car today with the CCW's on. Yes I know they have hella mexipoke. They've already been taken back off because they rub like crazy even on stock suspension, lol.

Then the real fun began. I spent a little time on the headlights to see if I could do anything with them. I just saved myself $1300 so I'm very happy!
Can you see the difference?

Witzy0070

Reaction score
You should put a super and turbocharger on it. And nitrous. Plus lots of stickers.

Looks good!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Keep up the excellent detail work man! It's amazing what some time and effort can do for a car.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
This makes me miss mine like crazy. And yeah its crazy how expensive oem replacement headlights are for these things its unreal.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Slow90coupe I can't get over the fact you just said something was "tits". I've heard this before, but by a guy from Wisconsin that owns a local guitar shop he was trying to sell me a guitar and he was talking about the paint job on the guitar and he was like "it's tits man" did everything I could to not lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not an import guy, at all. That being said, who doesn't love the Supra? It's just one of those cars. I was up in Detroit last year with my buddies for Woodward, we were cruising to the hotel late at night when a black Supra on Weld RTS's came flying towards us, he slowed down and turned right as we continued straight, and that's when we saw the "1007whp" license plate on it. He took off, and as he shifted the backfire was so loud our ears were literally ringing for an hour. The sound was just incredible. Majestic. Ever since then I've really had a lot of respect for those cars. Sure I've seen them in numerous movies, hundreds of youtube vids and tons of video games, but actually seeing a high hp one in person, just made it for me.

Congrats on the purchase man. If it were my car I'd for sure put a big turbo on it and turn it into the monster Supras are known to be, but if it's not "the one" for you, definitely flip it and find that one. It's cool seeing this cars running around in all the TX2K vids, showing the newer cars how it's done

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I got the front bumper looking presentable finally. I also finished the paint correction, painted all of the black trim, and got the interior back together after doing a very extensive cleaning. Here's some pics. I'm very pleased with how it came out!

And the floormats that came with the car. They're mint! I later found out that they're worth like $400, so I'll be selling them, lol.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
It looks awesome and congrats on getting it dude

I hope a front lip is in the future

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cleaned up very nicely already.
Excited for whatever spectacular wheels you put on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy