Dumps?

Bluextc

Reaction score
K, I admit it, I'm a noob. Explain dumps to me please?

In the quest to make my car look more like a v6, I was thinking with dumps, I might be able to get a v6 bumper. Don't know anything about them, tho. Will it affect performance? And how would if affect the sound (I've got on o/r h and Flowmaster 40's).

Sorry for being an idiot, and thanks for any answers...
:)

ripper

Reaction score
I have no idea what dumps are either hun :dunno: I always thought they were tubes coming off your midpipe you could open or close. :eek:

Stevo= Bigger Noob :bunny3: But i can dance see :banana:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dumps are just short tail pipes that end usually imediately after the muffler and "dump" under the car rather then exit out the side or rear which is required to pass inspection. Dumps will add some sound and makes the rear look cleaner on some cars by eliminating the tail pipes.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
PD8693_03.jpg

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i love the clean look of dumps and the better sound....only problem could be you might not like the extra ehxaust smell in the car

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
get rid of your flowmaster 40s, they are ghey... ::)

are you serious? :noes:

Anyways, if your gonna dump anything than switch to mac dumps... loud and mean and sounds like the earth is coming to an end.

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Dumps make a TERRIBLE drone on the highway, no matter what your exhaust setup is. Unless you cruise down the highway at 3K+ rpm, especially in a 4.6 litre, go ahead and take about 4 aspirin and buy a good set of ear muffs before you go anywhere more than 5 minutes away.

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
WyoTechMSA said:
Dumps make a TERRIBLE drone on the highway, no matter what your exhaust setup is. Unless you cruise down the highway at 3K+ rpm, especially in a 4.6 litre, go ahead and take about 4 aspirin and buy a good set of ear muffs before you go anywhere more than 5 minutes away.

Lol, I am close to 3K rpm on the highway with the gears anyway, and with what I've just read, I am thinking dumps! I won't pass inspection anyway with the h pipe, and I thought my exhaust was nice and loud until today, when I had two different stangs go by that made my exhaust sound stock!
Had alot of fun trying to keep up with one of them on the highway, but there was no shot lol. His car was beautiful, tastefully modded, and fast and loud as hell!

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
WyoTechMSA said:
mine doesnt have that drone but 5.0L's are different plus I dont have flowmasters

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
im about to unhook the mufflers from the tail pipes so the exhaust exits right over the axle. Im sick of the tail pipes ;] i want loud and deep!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Blue, you don't want dumps on your edger, it's got the lower rear cover with the nice cut out's for tips.

and it is lounder, since the sound is bouncing off the road and back up to the rear floor of the car.

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
Oh. Well how the heck am I gonna make it louder than it is without getting headers??? I've decided it just isn't loud enough now. :(

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
blue x said:
Oh. Well how the heck am I gonna make it louder than it is without getting headers??? I've decided it just isn't loud enough now. :(

Make more power or switch mufflers. IF you make more power than theres more air pushing through the exhaust from the engine which makes the car louder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online