dynomax bullets????? any help

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
Hey guys I herd a popular muffler to use is a dynomax bullet muffler. I went to the auto part store today to ask them to order me a pair and the guy was saying hoe it would sound like shit and all so I wanted to ask the mustang guys what ones to get. Im looking at the jegs book right now I was going to get the 2.5 in 2.5 out part number 289-24215 but I also want to know witch is better the 4inch round or the 5inch round. They’re the ones for 31$. Are these the ones most people are running

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Ummm, get a Flow or Mac catback, weld ins suck and the stock tips look like crap.

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
Im a college guy yes the tips are ugly but its 2 ¼ pipe witch it plenty big for what I have so weld in is just about the only way I can go at the moment

97vertstang

Reaction score
catted or o/r??? if ur going to stay catted i really like the way my 1 chamber flos sound.but onec u go o/r on 1 chamber sounds like shit just nasty. if u ever think about going o/r go mac or 2 chamber flos. and if ur on a budget like me with stock catted mid pipe the 1 chambers sound great. check mustangexhaust.com ask right there lots of info on exhaust.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I'm in a similar and worse situation money wise and I still went with the catback. Can't beat the looks, sound, and slight performance gain. Both my cobra and gt had weld in flows on them when I got them, and I was not impressed. I love my Mac on the Gt and will get one for the cobra as soon as I save up for it. Dont waste your cash on a chevy style exhaust, save and get something that will last and not leak 500 miles down the road.

97vertstang

Reaction score
yeah if u got enough money a mac or flowmaster catback is the way to go.i love how flowmaster exhaust and h pipe sound. i heard mac sounds similiar but more throaty so whenever i have money im a give mac a try :thumb:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I got mac on the gt and it really is the shit. Mines the full mac exhaust though, shorties-prochamber-catback. The 3.5 tips look killer too, got porsche and chevy guys telling me they look great.

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
Those dynomax bullits are nothing special. They are a straight through design, and do nothing for sound tuning or sound dampening. I had one on my old car and it was virtually the same thing as running no mufflers. In my opinion a nice catback like flowmaster or magnaflow is the way to go. :pimp2:

Tattoogod

Reaction score
ive always used mac headers and mac h or x pipe w/no cats and 2 chamber flow's.nasty sound..i havent heard the mac muff's yet so i cant answer on that one.but i can tell you my mac products hold up alot longer than the flowmaster did though.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran dynomax Ultra Flows on my 95, they were very throaty but not too loud. I liked them very much, the sound is very similar to the mac kit.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Tattoogod said:
ive always used mac headers and mac h or x pipe w/no cats and 2 chamber flow's.nasty sound..i havent heard the mac muff's yet so i cant answer on that one.but i can tell you my mac products hold up alot longer than the flowmaster did though.

I got the Mac catback and its the shit. Had it on before the mid and headers were done and it sounded mean.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I'd say its not worth it for the hassle. Where do you live at anyway?

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Hmmmmm, my parents live up in Hackettstown and Long Valley. I still got the stock cat back exhaust off my gt with weld in flows. I'd sell it pretty cheap if you're interested, its all set, you just have to bolt it up.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
if you decide to get a weld in, go for it. just make sure that you get a quality muffler to weld in. Your paying the same labor charge!!!

If you can save up the $$$, go with a complete system.

I have the bassani x with hi flo cats and magnaflows. Nice DEEP sound at idle (not the coffee can sound). At wot it screams like an indy car. no resonance in the vehicle while cruising.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online