Easy nav for 94-97

shovel

Reaction score

I think they got rid of the clock on 98's right? Anyway here's cheap and easy nav. I suppose you could do the same thing with just a cell phone mount there if you don't want to use a Garmin.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you brought up phone service, because the whole time, I was thinking - it's 2023, it's CarPlay time lol.

OP
OP
shovel

shovel

Reaction score
It's different out West I don't think there's any direction I can drive in that I won't have dead spots in cell service for miles before I get to the next town, sucks for streaming music too.

Anyway it can't possibly be a step down from the clock

r1ch999999

Reaction score
I wonder if my dash cam could mount there and still get a good shot of the road.

Thanks for posting this, I wondered how to take that radio off.

OP
OP
shovel

shovel

Reaction score
I wonder if my dash cam could mount there and still get a good shot of the road.

Thanks for posting this, I wondered how to take that radio off.

In my 94 I have done the exact same clock delete / nav except on that car I have a nav unit with a built in dashcam on its rear (front?) . The pedestal is slightly taller. It gets a decent view overall, except like all dashcams it sucks at legible license plates and if the car in front is low-and-close it can't see the license plate at all over the windshield wiper. Still, better than no dash cam or nav..

Attachments

• units3.jpg
    units3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online