Eaton M90

JohnnyLS89

Reaction score
Well I came to a good budget build on my Mustang. Gt40p heads, 1.7 roller rockers, chromoly pushrods, crane beehive springs, 3.55s in the rear and JMOD aode trans. I have a friend who just bought an Eaton M90 from a GTP for $70 at the junkyard and put it on his 84 fox with a carb set up and it sticks out of the hood really far. I was wondering if it was possibly to run that on my 95 GT with the EFI setup and be able to clear it with a cowl or if its something I'd have to go carbed for

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How does your friends have his set up?
I don't see why you'd change your fuel delivery, just change your pump and injectors. i haven't seen much for m90 on the 5.0, some m112s. I'm not sure if anyone makes adaptor plates anymore even. With the eaton you're going to have heat issues. Since you'll be running an adapter plate you won't really have room to intercool it. You can use meth to cool things down though.

As for the hood clearance if I can get my setup to fit, you should be able to. But it'll be close... the biggest issue is the blower pulley.

Honestly I think it would be better to just find a used kit that will directly bolt on. Less pain and likely less cost.

OP
OP
JohnnyLS89

JohnnyLS89

Reaction score
Well my whole thing was $70 from the junkyard and then setting it up. I'm on a tight budget with a child

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The blower cost isn't the issue. You need other things to make it work. Adaptor plate, intake, throttle?, pump, injectors, plugs, pulley, belt, TUNER, TUNE, HOOD. I feel a m90 isn't going to get fantastic gains either...

If you're on a tight budget from a kid, don't supercharge your car...

dee99gt

Reaction score
I would not supercharge a car on a tight budget. I bought a used kenne bell blower kit for my 06 GT and it was one thing after another and cost me a lot more than I expected.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
If you insist on boosting your car on a budget, then do a junkyard turbo build. Flip some equal length shorties, have an exhaust shop build you the hot side pipes (if you can't do it yourself), and run a downpipe/midpipe/Y-pipe back to whatever cat-back exhaust you have. You can go to a pick'n'pull once a month, pick up a turbo here, and intercooler there, etc. Or keep boost low (under 9psi), say screw the intercooler, and simplify the entire system (think: spend less).

As for the M90... don't do it, it's a trap. There wasa guy who used to make sheetmetal upper intake adapters that allowed you to put a positive displacement blower on the Windsor motor, but his intakes had problems warping, he took a bunch of people's money, and disappeared. You might be able to find one of his intakes on ebay, though. You also might be able to adapt the SuperCoupe remote mount M90 and associated plumbing. That would solve the hood clearance issues. But I think the M90 is too small for the five-oh.

JKady

Reaction score
I've seen dual m90's on a Windsor but never a single, they don't give a 3.8 much room to grow, and while it may make a small gain on a mild 302 it will ultimately become a choke point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online