emergency brake handle removal ?

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by xs man 27, Mar 13, 2014.

1. xs man 27

xs man 27 Active Member

hey guysi have a 1995 gt that I just bought a black leather black stitching emergency brake boot cover and was wondering if I have to get a flat screwdriver in between the handle and pry it off n pull it off ? or does it unscrew off ? anyone has replaced there handle and put a boot cover on and have pics would be great ? I like the way the 03 04 termi set up looks like... thanks again for the help..

2. ttocs

ttocs Legend

you need to remove the console to put the boot on not the handle.

3. xs man 27

xs man 27 Active Member

thanks for the reply... how does the console get removed ? does handle screw off or pry n pull off to remove to put a aftermarket on ? thanks again for replys

4. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I think I heard the handle is just pressed on really tight but not sure. To remove the console you start by removing the bucket under the arm rest(screws are under the rubber stoppers). Once it is out there are two screws under it, and then two screws that attach it to the dash. You will need to pull the brake up all the way to get the console off.

5. 5-oh-MUSTANG

5-oh-MUSTANG Well-Known Member

+1. I have a leather boot waiting to go on. Looks like u gotta take the centre console out and glue or screw it in the ebrake slot.