Engine swap

voidfinger

Reaction score
I wish i lived like 10 miles away in SC so i didn't have obd2 testing and I would do that too but can't.

OP
OP
T

tjmaxx

Reaction score
So I have another option. The mechanic I know can get me a used Police interceptor engine . Does anyone know what would b different about a Police interceptor engine over a regular 4.6? It would cost me $1050 and im sure it has a lot of miles on it so im sure it would need to be rebuilt.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
tjmaxx said:
So I have another option. The mechanic I know can get me a used Police interceptor engine . Does anyone know what would b different about a Police interceptor engine over a regular 4.6? It would cost me $1050 and im sure it has a lot of miles on it so im sure it would need to be rebuilt.

a police 4.6 would prob be ragggggggggggggggggggggggggggggged to hell and no end..

a full bolt on pi + blower + conservable tune would prob get you some sick times (12s).

just my .02 good luck on your build. when you get around to it make a build thread.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
tjmaxx said:

It has an oil cooler on it, and is probably NPI.

A NPI motor can get you into the 12's. Throwing more and more money under the hood isn't the only way to get into the 12's... Besides under the hood on a n/a NPI is about the last place to put it.

ahaahhaa

OP
OP
T

tjmaxx

Reaction score
Yeathe only reason im doing the engine is because I think mine is about ready to retire but next year I will probabky focus on other areas besides under the hood.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I understand that, that's why I still say grab a 4v motor and enjoy.

Of course not everyone is like me. I LIKE to be up to my armpits in grease, i like grinding and drilling and welding to make it work, I like the swearing and sweating and bloody knuckles. I like that MORE than I like driving it, as soon as I'm done I find another thing that I need to do to the car. And I look back and say "that wasn't so hard" even though nearly everytime I grunted hard enough I would have swore I would never be able to have kids afterwards.

If you are like me, snag a Mark VIII motor and take your time going through it and dropping it in. Hell, I got paid to haul away the car my motor came in. If not, then just grab a PI 2v, stick on the stand, and swap everythign over to it you need.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
To answer your question about a PI motor and 13's. Yes you should be in the 13's with a PI motor and full bolt ons and a tune. Theres a girl around around here with an 04 longtubed full bolt on GT that ran a 13.0 to my measily 14.5. I had street tires and she had nitto drags. With stage 3 ported foxlakes, The Logan (the sweetest 2v intake out there), some lopy ass cams, a badass tune, slicks, race gas and a serious driver mod I'm pretty sure you'd be able to scratch 11.9. That would be my dream 2v of course with a forged bottom end. On top of that I'd spray 175 shot and say bye bye to LS1. hahahahahaha Then I woke up

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
My LS1 has run 10.80's on spray, with stock exhaust, and a guy who doesn't know how to drive.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
There's a guy around here (99 GT) with a forged bottom end, ported heads, stroker kit, full bolt ons of course and tuning with full suspension mods, bigs an littles, with a 200 shot running (I think) 10.1 s - 10.2 s His car is actually for sale. And shame on you for owing an LS1. Don't talk to me anymore. hahaha JK, I'm buy my mother's LS1 TA when it hits 50k miles.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
My car ran 10.80s on stock suspension, stock wheels, stock gear's, and a full interior. Hell, in the video he sent me before I bought it, he gave a Mach 1 a length or so and drove right past him without spraying like it was nothing.

And the car cost me 7500 bucks, can't beat that, lol.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
LS1's make me sick. That's y I'm going to buy one. If you can't beat'em join'em. But I won't get rid of my sn95

OP
OP
T

tjmaxx

Reaction score
Thats why I plan to get a 03-04 Cobra so I can beat on the ls1's and my sn95 will be a show car since its so sexy haha

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol...im with you there...I think my SN is so damn sexy...just too slow for me...I guess thats why I sink all my money into it :wall:

O well

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Some cars were just born not to be fast without boost. I just bought a set of used pi heads and the cam bearings are screwed. Today I ordered an all aluminum 04 explorer motor and when I get out of school Its getting a big KB on it. But I guess 13.0's at the strip will do until I finish school.

OP
OP
T

tjmaxx

Reaction score
My car ran a best of 14.6 so far, so 13's would feel great :thumb: But yea I need my car to be faster I have some pretty good competition between my friends. One has a notch that has ran a best of 14.1 and I have a friend with a 06 6spd 6.0 GTO and a friend with a 07 6.0 c6 vette modded a little so to say the least I have to step up my game a little :crying:

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Hey JR, have you ever seen a built n/a 4v run?? Like stage 3 ported heads and cams? I haven't, around here everyone has boost on their 4v.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah, a local guy has ported FR500 heads, customs cams, and an FR500 intake on his Mach. At the local clubs track day a few years ago he was running low 12's with a street suspension (lowered 18's), but he had waaayy more money into it than someone who just slapped a ProCharger on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shagg9

Members online