Engine/Underhood Pictures

99GreenStang

Reaction score
3ynyza4u.jpg

Old picture of the engine on the stand. Got it installed now but haven't cleaned up wiring underhood yet since I'm getting a different alternator figured I would just wait to clean up wiring until I get the new alternator on.

ehutepa3.jpg

Here's one of it installed anyways although wiring isn't cleaned up yet.

Enjoy,

kb1982

Reaction score
I spy a GH HEI in those pics lol. [MENTION=17934]99GreenStang[/MENTION] is that a 351?

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Engine/Underhood Pictures

I spy a GH HEI in those pics lol. [MENTION=17934]99GreenStang[/MENTION] is that a 351?

Haha no it's a 308 (302 bored 40 over)

And yeah! Summit brand HEI distributor! Best investment ever. Got rid of that crap pile MSD and all of those wires and the box and now with the HEI I can buy parts for my distributor at the local auto parts store for at the all the parts interchange with the Chevy distributors which as us Ford guys know Chevy is always in stock and Ford is always we have to order it or can't get it! MSD's quality must have gone down their distributor caps let moisture in and rust the insides in no time and their fix is drilling a hole in a distributor that's brand new so hey no thank you ha! Look on Summit Racing's site on the reviews on this distributor everyone has gotten rid of their MSD for these HEI distributors they just work better and look better and outperform and are cheaper! Simple enough!

Hell it takes a Chevy now to make a Ford run ;) the performance ford heads are using traditional Chevy 2.02/1.60 valves. ( Fords never had big valves compared to Chevy) Chevy came out with the 302 before them so got that from Chevy (yes I know parts don't interchange and it's different before someone jumps this wagon). Then when they made the Ford 302 if you bore it 40 over it's the same bore as a 350 Chevy haha and my piston rings will work on the 350 Chevy! Oh and not to mention the performance heads now for Ford are stud mounts just like Chevy. Then we got people putting possibly the greatest GM design the powerglide in Fords now days which is probably the best transmission you could have. Then not to mention the HEI Ford distributor you purchase Chevy parts for it at the auto parts store lol! A lot of truth here boys but I'm still a Ford man but I'm also honest too so I give props to Chevy as I don't hate them either as I own a rare classic Chevy as well.

castine917

Reaction score

Photo taken right after cleaning driver side headlight and before cleaning passenger side headlight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online