ever notice the different reactions you get when driving different cars?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
after months of DD a prius while working on mine I have been looking for/making excuses to drive now the last 2 days. I have had to laugh a little while enjoying the attention it has got but I have had to laugh at the way people react so differently. Nobody notices you in a prius. I mean only half of them ever hear you and when they do, its a prius so unless there was a topless babe in the seat, they don't care. now the last two days, I have done two short races, turned down 3 as it was just too busy at around us at that time but now this afternoon was the best reaction. I was driving out of my neighborhood which is a heavily suburbanized area so there are kids playing in the streets and because of that I don't go over 20 on the way out. Doesn't matter if I am in the prius or the stang, its just not worth saving the 1 min it would save me. Today though as I am in the mustang just tooling out of the neighborhood I see a kid with training wheels on the sidewalk, with his mother about 5-10 ft away. There was no oncoming traffic so I just went 2-3 ft over into the other lane just to be nice although its not like there was not enough room already. She looked down right about the time I started to make room, looks back at her kid, does a double take back to me and then literally runs over to her child, grabs him by the arm and yanked him off the bike into the yard. I thought it was almost child abuse, maybe he mouthed off to her until I saw that she looked back at me as if I were running 8k rpms in 4th gear.... Still not sure what to make of it. I mean I know there is a jogger here that likes to go out for a long afternoon run, at 4:30(rush hour starting) running against traffic, on the most narrow of narrow streets that will get off the road into the grass when she sees the mustang coming. If I am in the prius though I have to make room.....

Anyone else notice stuff like this? I mean beside the fact that everytime I am in the prius I pull up next to a car I would love to race where when I am in the mustang, I always end up next to another prius.....

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Oh yea, I notice this all the time. I was in my dad's 500SL convertible today. I felt like everyone was looking at me, I felt like a dick in that car. When I'm in a classic car, almost everyone that passes gives you a wave or something. That feeling is awesome. Then when I'm driving something crappy like the shop's s10, everyone tries to stay as far away from you as possible. A BMW tends to get the *****es more than anything, from my experience.

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
Yep. Nosy people also notice and ask questions when you're seen driving too many different cars. I have the stang, my old chevy truck, and the wife's Yaris. If I go to a drive through in a different car, they're like "Dang! How many cars you got??! You must be rich!!!" Just because I have an old up truck to haul stuff, a toy, and a gas saver. Tons of people have that much at least and they're not rich.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I just got home from towing a 40ft trailer with a big black 6.0 excursion on it with our big white 7.3 F350.... The looks I got... LOL. The Mustang I fly under the radar... must be the silver

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
when i'm in my s10 i get 0 attention, lol. when i'm in my wifes lacrosse i get a tiny bit of attention. when i'm in my 96 gt i get lightweight stalkers, lolol. all good though.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I feel the same way... I can feel people judging me :p This kid in a loud, bright orange mustang... I guess I am asking for it.

In my neighborhood I always drive slowly too because of all the little kids playing on the street. Also I try to keep it in the highest gear possible so my car isn't loud because I must annoy the neighbors enough as is. This one lady got mad at me because apparently I always drive really fast down the street and scare her grand kids... She later apologized to me because she realized it wasn't me.

And yeah in the truck I've only ever had a couple people try and race me... but in the car its multiple times daily.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
figured I was not the only one but was wondering if anyone else had stories like the mother/child today. I mean I was half afraid it was abuse, the other half was afraid to stop to find out it was because of me and get an angry momma bear after me.....

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
there aren't many mustangs around here for starters, and even fewer early sn95's, so i get looks non stop. especially at school. i feel like everyone stops what they're doing to watch my car lol.
when i'm driving my mom's benz (sl550) i get looks anywhere from anyone. that thing is louder than any other stock car i've driven.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Not sure I'd say child abuse Scott my mom will beat the shit out of me if I needed it lol. Not literally but I think you get the point. Never bothered me a bit lol I just thought to myself "well... shouldn't a done that"

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Yea. Women orgasm when I ride by. It's whatever, I'm used to it.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Loud lifted shiny truck and loud lowered shiny stang..I get attention year round from everyone (including cops)

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone

Gold4.6

Reaction score
I drive my dads 2012 and everyone wants to talk to me. Drive my 97 and people tell me to slow the f**** down:p haha

jrodriquez

Reaction score
Ha I've been there. Either February or January I had to drive my dads sl500 Mercedes because my dad was taking my car out for a spin. Anyways at school all my friends were telling me that it was the nicest car they have ever seen. Every where I went people are telling me nice car. When I got back to school every one is talking to me. Next day later when I got to drive my mustang, people were telling me where's the Mercedes at? Haha that just proves that every one at my schools prefer fancy cars rather than my nice mustang :p

sn95 bullitt

Reaction score
I feel like I get more attention in my little truck then the stang. I was going over a bump yesterday at the same time as a civic and he goes good luck. Lol. I got stuck on the ****ing speed bump.

Mack

Reaction score
Driving a VERY bright blue, VERY noisy, low, wide Ford Mustang will get "some" attention while driving in the Netherlands, home of the silver-grey breadbox cars...

Usually I drive on the left lane on the highway - and people will move out of the way. Sometimes you see people get scared (you see them wobble), sometimes people try to move over so quickly it's dangerous (suddenly getting in between two cars on the right lane).

It's quite funny to see, but it makes it very difficult not to speed up when you get a free left lane ahead of you. I usually call it the "Mustang lane". :must restrain myself: :D

I live near a tunnel under a river, where people have to stay in their lane, not allowed to move over. My car sounds great in that tunnel, so I usually shift down and MAKE A LOT OF NOISE. I always see the car before me get really, really nervous.

Sometimes when I'm just chilling, not speeding at all but just cruising in the slow lane, I get people afraid to pass me, and there will be a line of cars behind me that will not pass me. Whether they are scared, or just enjoying the V8 sound, I don't know.

One exceptions though: BMW's and Audi's do NOT move over, they usually slow down in the fast lane when I'm behind them and they stay there as long as they can. But everybody knows they look like d*cks in those cars so I just feel sorry for them.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Haha Mack that is awesome man. People must think "here comes that guy in that loud ass... What was it again? A Mustang?" I'd love to drive around in places where people move out of my way like that. Instead over here... They just stay in your way... Your a lucky man Mack lol

Raffaelli

Reaction score
10 miles an hour at idle thru a suburban subdivision people looked at me like I was doing a hot lap at Indy.

I guess it's just the sexy exhaust note.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online