Exhaust banging up against frame

sn95jones

Reaction score
Here recently I noticed my exhaust piping hitting the frame where the exhaust goes over the rear axle. I just had 2 new rubber hangers installed and the driver side still hits up against the frame. I can see where it's doing it but why has it just started?

chrisv_10

Reaction score
Is it the stock exhaust? If not then you need to cut, reposition them and weld them back up. Or if it's clamped on, remove the clamps and try to reposition it then re-clamp it.

9646gt

Reaction score
My catback was hitting the frame. I wrapped that area in some header wrap and safety wired it and no noise since then.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Jones post up some pix so we can see whats goin on man. Wasn't it you that was having issues with your cat back awhile ago hangin low? If it was it sounds like you need a new cat back lol

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Jones post up some pix so we can see whats goin on man. Wasn't it you that was having issues with your cat back awhile ago hangin low? If it was it sounds like you need a new cat back lol
I'll get pics tomorrow, and no that was not me

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The pipe may have slipped where it fits into the muffler.
Loosen clamp only on the back side of the muffler and rotate tail pipe till exhaust clears frame. retighten clamp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online