1/8 ET......8.22
1/8 MPH....81.60
1/4 ET......12.97
1/4 MPH....104.46

All in the summer heat!

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Lets see some specs of whats in the car, and what was done to it, and as far as weight what has been removed, then we can start the discussion. Technically SVO heads are Stock, so arent PI heads.... also do you consider PI manfiold or are you on a full NPI set up?

OP
OP

97 king cobra

Reaction score
This is a 95 gt. Weighs 2875 with me in it. Full bolt ons, ton of suspension, built rear end and slicks. The temps were in the mid 80's. And last I checked they never put pi heads on a sn95 mustang...?

So anyone else got a BONE STOCK, never touched from the heads down sn95 in the 12's?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm sure you're not the only one to do it and probably not the first either, not sure we have another on the site though.

OP
OP

97 king cobra

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
I'm sure you're not the only one to do it and probably not the first either, not sure we have another on the site though.

Thats the point... hopefully someone else out there has done it before but no one on the corral has, no one on here, and no one on any of the local sites i go to have either so i dunno.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Well, congrats!!! Whether you are the first or not, that's a hell of an accomplishment. So instead of saying 'full bolt ons' how about listing out the mods you've done to it, and what lightening you've done as well? And for the record, not many will read this thread because it's not about chrome wheel choices or gauge needles.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
97 king cobra said:
This is a 95 gt. Weighs 2875 with me in it. Full bolt ons, ton of suspension, built rear end and slicks.
So anyone else got a BONE STOCK, never touched from the heads down sn95 in the 12's?

So its a gutted car. Also the bolt ons... Long tubes bolt on, so dont heads and technically a crank and new pistons still bolt on... .Im not trying to be a d*ck but you see where this can get misconstruded.

Definatly a good time no matter if your the first or the 50th. Good job.
And not to SH*T on your parade but this on another website I took this quote

the car never went below 300rwhp in any weather w/ any different tires or with any different gears .........
as all 3 of those factors could affect dyno numbers.
it is a factory original motor that has never been out of the car and has never had the heads off it.
this car was never left anywhere and was not a parts compilation.
it was built to be the fastest/quickest bolt-on 2valve in the country .........
and it was.
best pass was an [email protected] on a 1.53 60ft.
in a -1000 d.a. @ 3050lbs.

His is a new edge (still sn95 platform) Drop top, and has cams, however the heads have enver been off the car. Now that in conjunction that this is a "junk 2v" is impressive.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thats pretty awesome.

Its crazy to see how fast you can go on such little power with weight reduction and good suspension

OP
OP

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
97 king cobra said:
This is a 95 gt. Weighs 2875 with me in it. Full bolt ons, ton of suspension, built rear end and slicks.

So its a gutted car. Also the bolt ons... Long tubes bolt on, so dont heads and technically a crank and new pistons still bolt on... .Im not trying to be a d*ck but you see where this can get misconstruded.

the car never went below 300rwhp in any weather w/ any different tires or with any different gears .........
it is a factory original motor that has never been out of the car and has never had the heads off it.
and it was.

His is a new edge (still sn95 platform) Drop top, and has cams, however the heads have enver been off the car. Now that in conjunction that this is a "junk 2v" is impressive.

Stock long block means stock bore, stock crank, stock pistons, stock cam, and stock unported heads.... I thought it was common sense that thats what a stock long block was? Also sn95 is 94-98.... 99-04 have an obvious advantage since they come with 50 more hp from the factory....

As for weight reduction, its completely stripped(its a track car). and bolt ons means cai, short belt, long tubes, o/r x pipe, dynomax race bullets into dumps. short throw shifter, 75mm tb, and a cobra intake. Thats it, its all u can do in a stock long block setup....

OP
OP

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Btw im just stating that stock = stock... Theres no gray area.

Thank you for the compliments, it sure took alot of work but its finally ready for some good power.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Hey your the one who came in here and first said it was a "stock" longblock then you had bolt ons. I was simply stating that you say one thing, I say the same and we mean 100% different things.

That new edge does have more hp, however, Vert= much more wight and wont make up the HUGE time difference from your time and his. and its Still an sn95 chassis car.

Reguardless congrats on the low time with the pushrod.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
97 king cobra said:
Duff Daddy said:
97 king cobra said:

and it was.

Stock long block means stock bore, stock crank, stock pistons, stock cam, and stock unported heads.... I thought it was common sense that thats what a stock long block was? Also sn95 is 94-98.... 99-04 have an obvious advantage since they come with 50 more hp from the factory....

As for weight reduction, its completely stripped(its a track car). and bolt ons means cai, short belt, long tubes, o/r x pipe, dynomax race bullets into dumps. short throw shifter, 75mm tb, and a cobra intake. Thats it, its all u can do in a stock long block setup....
Hate to break it to you, but 99-04 cars ARE SN95s, just have different sheet metal hence the "new edge" nickname. Congrats, but I'm sorry, ripping everything off a car so all you have is a thin plastic crate, gas and brake pedals, a steering wheel, and shifter Is NOT my idea of a fun car. I'd MUCH rather have my HCI 302 that runs in the 13s and have the luxury of leather buckets, FULL interior, AC, cruise and all those creature comforts. To each his own I guess.

OP
OP

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
Hey your the one who came in here and first said it was a "stock" longblock then you had bolt ons. I was simply stating that you say one thing, I say the same and we mean 100% different things.

That new edge does have more hp, however, Vert= much more wight and wont make up the HUGE time difference from your time and his. and its Still an sn95 chassis car.

Reguardless congrats on the low time with the pushrod.

Bolt ons has nothing to do with the long block.... Please dont tell me your that stupid. Go on any performance site and see what you get for a complete longblock....

Another thing, you already said the car was cammed.... yea doesnt fit the description.....

Back to topic, does anyone else have another 12 sec 94-98 gt with a stock untouched long block on motor?

OP
OP

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you, but 99-04 cars ARE SN95s, just have different sheet metal hence the "new edge" nickname. Congrats, but I'm sorry, ripping everything off a car so all you have is a thin plastic crate, gas and brake pedals, a steering wheel, and shifter Is NOT my idea of a fun car. I'd MUCH rather have my HCI 302 that runs in the 13s and have the luxury of leather buckets, FULL interior, AC, cruise and all those creature comforts. To each his own I guess.
[/quote]

As already mentioned, its a track car. I have a fully loaded, pullied, tuned 03 cobra if I want to tear shit up on the streets....

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Hey, I got a lot of shit when I was running ported E7's and a stock cam and running 10.0X's. I knew there was no one faster with that combination 4 years ago. Now, with turbos so popular, I am sure there are some guys out there doing that or a little faster.
What you have done is an accomplishment, but I would say post this on the corral to see how many folks have done what you did and see what times they have. Don't start out claiming you are the fastest, just say Stock long block Sn95's in here, and ask what their times are. And go from there.
This is not a drag racing or low et site. MOst on here are more into their cars for looks and sound, not really performance, so you're not going to get much feedback.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
It's not just looks and sound, I went for performance before looks, and my car still sits like a 4x4! I just don't see the fun in stripping everything out of a car and making it as light as a civic just to say you ran 12 seconds stock. I started building my mustang because A) Mustangs are great looking cars, and can be made even better with minor upgrades B)A pushrod 5.0L mustang has an exhaust note to die for and C) upgrading/modding/and racing a Mustang is fun, cheap and easy! I believe that having a car that Looks good, goes fast, and sounds good is better than having a stripped out car that looks like crap, sounds stock, but goes like snot. I respect guys like Venom, Onyx, and Bottlefed just to mention a few on this site that have, imo, beautiful Mustangs that look killer and are fast as nuts too!

NotQuik

Reaction score
Congrats man.

I consider cobra intake not stock on a 94-95 GT but still an accomplishment. With your weight your in foxbody territory and if I remember correctly there were a couple stock longblock guys on the corral in the 12's with stock intake manifold in the last couple years, just not necessarily sn95's.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Well, to keep on topic here:
1. He said stock long block.
2. He said SN95(a fox will always go quicker)
3. He said all bolt ons including long tubes, intake, throttle body, maf, exhaust, gears, etc.

Any other comparisons are out of the subject matter. I personally think this is pretty cool what he did.

NotQuik

Reaction score
NXcoupe said:
2. He said SN95(a fox will always go quicker)

I agree with everything but that....it's a fair comparison to a foxbody when the sn95 weights damn near the same.

My 89 coupe weighted 3220 without me in it his is close to 400lbs lighter with him in it...like it said it's still an accomplishment and impressive. Driver and suspension do wonders let alone track condidtions and weather. I'd like to hear what it runs when the weather cools down here in FL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online

No members online now.