Fastest stock long block sn95 gt N/A

OP
OP

97 king cobra

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I would think this would have been a more relevant question 12-15 years ago when people actually cared about getting 94-98 Mustangs with stock long blocks in the 12's and explore what could be done.

Now people are more interested in getting 2011 5.0's in the 11's and 10's.

I think you are late to the party and probably searching for info on cars that have been there, done that and had 5 different engine combo's since.

I know what your saying. And if i had 30k id be doing it to a 2011 instead, but I dont.

Thanks canarygt. The only people who should be posting in this thread is to either give compliments, get information, or chime in on what they ran will a similar setup.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
What you ran was impressive, I just dont think your the first to do it thats all. We are talking about a car that is 16 years old, to have someone not hit 12's on the stock long block in that time is a bit of a stretch.

Look at how soon they took the new 5.0 into the 11's NA. Im sure when the 94/95's came out someone did the same thing shortly after it just was not as public b/c the internet was pretty much non existent back in 94/95 so what one guy did over in CA was not known as quick to someone in the North East. While I will agree your one of a handful of people to do this I would not say your the only one.

OP
OP

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Venom351R said:
What you ran was impressive, I just dont think your the first to do it thats all. We are talking about a car that is 16 years old, to have someone not hit 12's on the stock long block in that time is a bit of a stretch.

Look at how soon they took the new 5.0 into the 11's NA. Im sure when the 94/95's came out someone did the same thing shortly after it just was not as public b/c the internet was pretty much non existent back in 94/95 so what one guy did over in CA was not known as quick to someone in the North East. While I will agree your one of a handful of people to do this I would not say your the only one.

Im sure you're right. I just wanted to see more examples or if there were any out there. It would also give me an idea of what i could possibly change/modify to go even faster n/a.

But im now working on dialing in the spray now. First trip out I went 12.16 @ 113mph with only 800psi in the bottle. I picked up all my mph by the 1/8th. I only back halfed 23mph which is the same as on motor. Plus my harmonic balancer took a shit which I already replaced since then and on one of the launches the car came down and ruined my front passenger side skinny. So now im waiting on two new front tires from summit.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Thats some good times on the spray. The thing is your probably not going to find anyone here that did what your doing now b/c like I said the internet was not big back in 94/95 and anyone that accomplished that now probably wont be saying to much about it now b/c its not something thats really done to much anymore. 15 years from now not many will still be talking about the stock NA times of the new 11 5.0 either

OP
OP

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Just a 100 shot for now. Once I get everything dialed it (prolly about 11.7-11.8) ill up it to 150 and go low 11's. It might break into the 10's on the 150 in great weather or I might have to spray 175 for that. I guess ill see what the stock t5 and stock clutch can do for right now. lol

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Nice. I have a 100 shot that Im still waiting to use on the track.

OP
OP

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Once you spray it, you will be hooked! One run last time I forgot to turn the system on and I got halfway down the track and was like.... WTF, this shit is slow as balls on motor! lol

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
97 king cobra said:
Once you spray it, you will be hooked! One run last time I forgot to turn the system on and I got halfway down the track and was like.... WTF, this SH*T is slow as balls on motor! lol

lol...you always get used to the power you have.

I think my car is slow as balls all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online