Finally acquired my dream car!

Sinned83

Reaction score
Good for you man! I've been eyeing a 03 with similar miles but it's a vert so I'll probabley pass

OP
OP
GTfiveoh

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
Nice! Definitely hard to find one stock anymore. These cars get modded to unreliable/unsmogable form, then sold. Great you found one in low mile and original form. All original Terminators are up there in price over modded ones these days.

Agree with pilks on the grille emblem, any car guy knows there's a Terminator in their rearview!!

Haha yeah I've been told that..the front bumper and fogs I agree are very recognizable. I go back and forth on the bigger cobra emblem..sometimes it looks a little big but other times it looks good to me cuz in my opinion it fills the grill better than the smaller cobra which looks too small to me. It's going in the garage tonight till spring so I'll sit on it a while and think it over.

but thanks for the kind words guys I am absolutely in love with the car. It hit 60 here today so I got some driving in before it goes away.

side note: I ordered my plates today and went with TRMN8OR, only way I could spell it that wasn't already taken but I like it.

Wild Horses

Reaction score
One day...One day. I want to find one i can lower, throw some nice wheels on, and drive it 24/7 like im 16.

Beautiful ride man. The milage is fantastic. And its stock!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Good move on the emblem swap, sometimes subtle is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GTfiveoh

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
Next is getting rid of the hood blanket. It's stained and ripped in the corner. Do you guys think I should replace it? Or leave it off? Blower whine will be more noticeable with it off but I don't know if the engine will create too much heat and bubble the paint if I leave it off.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Next is getting rid of the hood blanket. It's stained and ripped in the corner. Do you guys think I should replace it? Or leave it off? Blower whine will be more noticeable with it off but I don't know if the engine will create too much heat and bubble the paint if I leave it off.

Menacing look from the front and rear, a two year production run makes the Terminator a badass car. Good luck and congratulations on your new to you car. The hood blanket/pad/insulation/liner main purpose is to suppress an engine fire. Removing it will not harm your paint on your hood but engine noise may increase without it.

chris91

Reaction score
I know of two cobra owners that have removed their blankets and haven't had a problem. Both happen to have Whipples too. Only downfall is the paint isnt the best looking under it as Ford skimped on the paint.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Hey I know you. My buddy just bought the teal mustang off of you and its sitting in my shop lol.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Small world I see lol

Removing the blanket isn't going to harm anything, unless your engine catches fire :rolleyes: But I don't have one on either of my cars, put 23k on the silver car with no blanket, all is well. Buddies redfire 03 doesn't have one either.

Any plans on modifications? Pulley swap?

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Purpose of hood insulation: In case of fire, the manufacturer has to ensure that the vehicle gives the customer and passengers the necessary time to evac before being burned alive. The Manufacturer measure cost/benefit/liability of having or not having safety equipment, charging the customer for it or facing a potential lawsuit in case of fiery injury. While we would all like to think our cars are 100% safe, the manufacturers realize the dangers, however slim, that a fire may occur. The tabs that holds the insulation in place is suppose to melt during a fire allowing the insulation to smother the engine fire.

3rd party testing on hood insulation:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...RucmLje5nglK6RR7g&sig2=W0pH0zmjIaVC-BT_wfN5pw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online