SeattleStang

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Julian and I live in the Seattle, Washington Area. I just passed my driving test and received my license, without going into to much detail I'm starting to look at potential first cars. I've been interested in Mustangs for the better part of 2 years now and was wondering which make would be the best first car for me. I've been looking at a really nice 04 Mustang GT but I really don't know if that's the best option for a beginner.
Thank you!
Budget: 7k
Transmission: Auto

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My suggestion

Find a rear drive car to beat on, spin the tires before you make a decision.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as silly as it might sound at 16 i wasn't mature enough to own a V6 mustang let along a v8. Not sure I am not some times..... How handy are you? How much do you plan to do to the car?

OP
OP
S

SeattleStang

Reaction score
as silly as it might sound at 16 i wasn't mature enough to own a V6 mustang let along a v8. Not sure I am not some times..... How handy are you? How much do you plan to do to the car?
I don't have many plans for the car modification wise, I know that from the dealership it's at they say it already has an aftermarket exhaust and a new cold air intake but I don't know which ones. I plan to leave it how I get it.

delling3

Reaction score
I assume that you are a teenager? If you are spending $7K on car, I am guessing you are going to want to have insurance on it - and if you are financing the car you won't have a choice. Not sure how the insurance companies treat young drivers in Washington, but in Michigan, I would guess that you would be looking at a pretty hefty insurance premium on that '04 GT?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, me at that age, with a car like that was over $300 a month. Car insurance matched the car payment.

Now that im 40yrold insurance be like $25 added onto all the other crap ive got insurance on.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
99-04 GT or 96-98 gt

Invest in wet season tires, RAINX windshield cleaner, windshield washer fluid, and go 1 inch bigger on the windshield wipers.

If you live or go to downtown seattle I would modify the steering rack limiters to get a little extra angle out of the steering.

SVToA holds an event every summer at griots garage in tacoma, that was always nice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott