First real numbers from the blue car

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that . . . especially being no stranger to breaking stuff. I won't be up and running until I get my rear end situation sorted out (goin to a 35 spline spool setup).

I hope it's nothing serious that let go.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
yeah me too. I'm really hoping it's just a valvetrain issue or something, but we will find out.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!

Took the top end of the motor apart today and found that we bent a pushrod and trashed one of the rockers, causing the cylinder to go dead.

As it appears right now, we may get lucky and have to only order new pushrods, as we found a replacement rocker arm. Hopefully we didn't damage a valve or the piston at all, and we just hurt the rocker and pushrod. The top of the lifterlooked fine when we looked at it, which leads us to believe that the cam also survived ok.

More updates when I find out more.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
UPDATE!!!

Took the top end of the motor apart today and found that we bent a pushrod and trashed one of the rockers, causing the cylinder to go dead.

As it appears right now, we may get lucky and have to only order new pushrods, as we found a replacement rocker arm. Hopefully we didn't damage a valve or the piston at all, and we just hurt the rocker and pushrod. The top of the lifterlooked fine when we looked at it, which leads us to believe that the cam also survived ok.

More updates when I find out more.

Time for some Jesel shaft rockers and custom pushrods. :boink:

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Haha yeah, you're telling me!!

There's still some more investigating to do, but that's all it looks like.

Trub- Yep, New pushrods will be ordered this week, 3/8" 1 piece chromoly. WE are going to try and just find a suitable replacement rocker arm, but if not, a high quality set will be ordered, and we will have 15 spares... :eek:

Anyway, on another note, my brother just bought a blue '97 GT in Texas and is going to go get it this weekend, so be on the lookout for him to join up pretty soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online