FivepointSlow's 4.6 Build

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Got some screws to throw in through the bumper to finish securing the diffuser so it's finally good to go
rVvA13D.jpg

717fiti.jpg

rEYib3m.jpg

While the car was down due to the filler neck gasket leak, I took the opportunity to go back and try and restitch the wheel. Still not 100% but I got the majority of the wrinkles out of the alcantara sections, and some of them out of the leather but the leather put up much more of a fight. Overall I am pleased, it's been a week since doing it and reinstalling into the car and the leather wrinkles are slowly relaxing into place. I may just give up and have an upholstery shop give it a shot.
UmD5075.jpg

QBI8s6f.jpg

New grommet came for the gas tank. I figured I could get it without jacking up the car or anything. Yikes I am stubborn, took about an hour of laying on my stomach in the driveway and reaching up over my head to get the new one snapped in place but I managed... Would have been easier if the car was atleast jacked up and maybe taking the wheel off but oh well.
RpnkABI.jpg

Facebook Market place score. Brand new rack from LMR for half the retail price. Their loss my gain I guess.
PuBciVa.jpg

j3cyOzb.jpg

I was debating on getting a new rack while I am replacing the suspension components, but when I saw that deal I couldnt say no. I am also going to get a new steering pump aswell since the system has to be drained anyways and I know my pump is pretty weak.
I snagged some lightly used front A arms and a strut tower brace aswell I am waiting on. Still have to find rear uppers and lowers.
After everything comes in I will be replacing the following
rear upper and lower control arms
rear shocks
rear coils
front a lower a arms
front coilovers
front strut tower brace
power steering rack
power steering pump
I already have a bumpsteer kit that seems to be in good shape still, caster camber plates, and subframe connectors. I kind of want to upgrade my sway bars but my front already rubs my wheels and I have not confirmed if theyre still factory or not, so maybe at a later date, for now theyre not hurting anything and I just want to get the cars suspension quiet and tighter due to all the old bushings.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought Maximum Motorsports a arms and am going to install the maximum motorsports a arms but I have to wait til my coilovers come in to install my maximum motorsports a arms.
;)

Sunday morning and this mofo trying to get us drunk already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its nice to be creator of the game to be able to make up the rules as I go. Logan forgot that us hardcore christians spend all week looking forward to drinking on sunday first thing in the morning.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Lets not forget the first recorded miracle Jesus performed, turning water into wine! Christians partake of the spirits and essence.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Well I had enough put aside for the rear lower control arms but then my phone took a dump so I had to pull the trigger on the new S10+ a little earlier than expected. Oh well.
It does had a pretty rad camera setup on it though.
First picture I took with the new phone. Work parking lot parked next to my buddies supercharged S2000
DEH3TGU.jpg

Then today I went to the local park just to grab some wallpaper pictures for my new phone and ended up playing around with it a lot more and got these
AqsVmBt.jpg
8fhtMn4.jpg
Rf92Vzl.jpg

P3kjDM8.jpg

i5yLb1P.jpg

SFjpT28.jpg

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Final pieces to the suspension puzzle!!
Well.. the big pieces anyways.. still need to get dust covers for the front struts, sway bar bushings, and rear upper control arm bushings but this is the most exciting boxes yet!!
This deal worked out very well since I recently learned the guy who's friends with my friend who is a BC racing dealer recently passed away, which is why I haven't been hearing back from him. Sad to see another car enthusiast go.

Tokiko Illumina adjustable front shocks
300# Hyperco springs and 275# Hyperco springs
Stock upper control arms (ordered new bushings to press into these so I can just swap my old ones out and not let the car sit)
Maximum Motorsports lower control arms w/out spring perch
Maximum Motorsports adjustable rear shocks
175# Hyperco springs and 225# Maximum Motorsports springs
@OLD H2S was kind enough to also include a spare set of caster camber plates. But I will probably be sticking with my Maximum Motorsports ones already in the car.
8LbBXSL.jpg

jfP1WDB.jpg

c6A39C6.jpg

That last picture was 100% for @ttocs

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
So on Thursday I drove the car to work. Battery was dead when I went to leave because I left my dashcam backup battery plugged in, no buggy I've done it before, jump it, starts right up.
Go to head out to lunch while at work, batteries dead again, but the dashcam wasn't plugged in.. weird, whatever jumped it and started right up, only now my speedometer isn't working and I hear the car backfiring a little when decelerating.. okay whatever. Leave work (battery isn't dead this time) and on the drive home I notice my odometer isn't working, and I notice its backfiring on decel about the same as a ricer with one of those crackle tunes... now I'm genuinely concerned... I narrowed it down to happen in any gear, only under 2000 RPM. And then if I am rolling up to a stop and decel to under 1100 rpm before pushing the clutch in, the engine continues to decel til about 400 where it dies, unless I catch it with a blip of the gas, and then it idles fine..
THEN I pop a CEL just before my house, and while I'm sitting in my driveway idling trying to connect my new phone to my bluetooth obdii scanner, I notice the dash lights are dimming, then they turn off, headlights start to dim, then radio goes out, then it starts to try and stall out, I gave it some gas for awhile and turned the AC off and then everything went back to normal.
It was acting like it didn't have a battery in the car and the alt was weak.
CEL was for no signal from the speed sensor, which I'm thinking may be something funky going on with the speed calibration tool? I know that receives constant power.. but I'm not sure.
My question really is would the speed sensor not communicating to the car cause the car to think it's always idling and parked, and then in turn cause a rich mixture and the back firing under 2000k while decelerating?

And no I did not jump it backwards.
YouTube video of the backfiring

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online