FRANKENSTANG's NEW CAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
buuuuuut she ran great the whle way there and back, and actually got GREAT mileage...lol,no power better mileage.

sn95jones

Reaction score
lol the wife and kids hate it....and personally, i miss a cougar or just settle on a 98 gt
WTF?? Already LOL!
but I thought the electronic suspension was fantastic?
IMO if the wife and kids hate this more than likely they will not like the GT anymore considering it's much smaller and the suspension is not any smoother.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
no they dont like it because its A. its loud and B. lol wife says its too slow( my wife actually really liked the cougar sooo)

Nightmare

Reaction score
You flip cars faster than a chef at the Waffle House flips pancakes.
WTF?? Already LOL!
but I thought the electronic suspension was fantastic?
IMO if the wife and kids hate this more than likely they will not like the GT anymore considering it's much smaller and the suspension is not any smoother.
This sums it up.....maybe you should try to find a good SHO if they want comfort and power. However I can't picture a Cougar being any more comfortable or powerful than a third. What were they mid 14's at best with mods?
no they dont like it because its A. its loud and B. lol wife says its too slow( my wife actually really liked the cougar sooo)
you think a mustang will be quieter? Lol my wife can hear me coming home at least 6 large city blocks away lol

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
i actually just made my car 50% quiter and 100% less smelly...dumbass i got it from didnt have 2 of the rear manifold bolts in so massive leak from there and a 3rd was lose..so i fixed all that and installed some seals in the pipes where they meet the headers and it gave me back my throttle response and a little extra power...maby now the wife wont ***** so much about it...but lol this car is pretty loud..doesnt sound like its a sohc 4.6 in it..sounds LOUD but good at the same time...but it drones hard on the freeway..
and my cougar was running a 13.9 with its boltons and when i had it on nitrous im shur it was high 12's but cant confirm as i never had her at the track running correctly when on the bottle...but could lay rubber doing 50...

sn95jones

Reaction score
i actually just made my car 50% quiter and 100% less smelly...dumbass i got it from didnt have 2 of the rear manifold bolts in so massive leak from there and a 3rd was lose..so i fixed all that and installed some seals in the pipes where they meet the headers and it gave me back my throttle response and a little extra power...maby now the wife wont ***** so much about it...but lol this car is pretty loud..doesnt sound like its a sohc 4.6 in it..sounds LOUD but good at the same time...but it drones hard on the freeway..
and my cougar was running a 13.9 with its boltons and when i had it on nitrous im shur it was high 12's but cant confirm as i never had her at the track running correctly when on the bottle...but could lay rubber doing 50...
Chill out dude he wasn't hating on you, he was simply stating that none of us can see how a family is going to ride happily in a Mustang, sorry but how many families do you really see cruising around in a Sn95? I've never seen any simply because there is no room and a Mustang is not a family car.
Secondly if your Cougar was such a great car then maybe you should have just kept it because from the impression your giving me and probably everyone else is that you just wanted that "new car" feeling and once you got the new car you realized you probably made a mistake. Take a breather nobody is going to bowing at your feet just because you can break the tires loose at 50mph.

I'm not being a dick head but your lashing out at people for no reason.

Nightmare

Reaction score
and my cougar was running a 13.9 with its boltons
I would love to see the slips for that run....I am not digging on you, I have just never seen a cougar run that fast off spray that was daily driven...at 13.9 it puts it close to what I was running in 2010....I would of honestly thought mid 14's with an aod, low freeway gears, non pi heads, off the bottle ect....It would be cool to see it.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
had a Jmodded 4r70,tuner,75mm Tbody and plenum and plenum spacer, 80mm mafs, 24lb injectors, Pi cams, ported PI typhoon manifold,125 dry shot, full exhaust and suspension upgrades...she was a runner man...and believe me, there are plenty faster out there...my buddies on 410 gears,73mm mafs, 75mm plenum and Tbody and a 75 shot on slicks was running high 13's too...im sbhur he will have a slip as he saves every single one......the cougar was a beast,trust me...id id have gotten gears and gutted it it would have been a MONSTER!

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
lol i put this new bird of mine probly in the low 16's lol 15's on its bestbest day, lol

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
5.jpg

0001.jpg

granted i did have 19's on in the picture but you get the idea...

Nightmare

Reaction score
had a Jmodded 4r70,tuner,75mm Tbody and plenum and plenum spacer, 80mm mafs, 24lb injectors, Pi cams, ported PI typhoon manifold,125 dry shot, full exhaust and suspension upgrades...she was a runner man...and believe me, there are plenty faster out there...my buddies on 410 gears,73mm mafs, 75mm plenum and Tbody and a 75 shot on slicks was running high 13's too...im sbhur he will have a slip as he saves every single one......the cougar was a beast,trust me...id id have gotten gears and gutted it it would have been a MONSTER!

ok, now it is all clear to me. The 13.9 was on a 75 shot. So with out the bottle it was a mid to high 14 sec car.

sn95jones

Reaction score
ok, now it is all clear to me. The 13.9 was on a 75 shot. So with out the bottle it was a mid to high 14 sec car.
However, it's not a 13.9 car if you can't provide proof of that, not only that but he's going based off of his friend's car.
There's so many variables and the first one would be the driver mod. It's not a matter of if the car can do 13.9, it's can the driver do 13.9?
Any car can run from one end of the track to the other, his friend may have been able to run a 13.9 but that does not mean his car can. We are talking about two different cars here. His could have been maintained better (not saying you didn't take care of your car, just using an example).

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
However, it's not a 13.9 car if you can't provide proof of that, not only that but he's going based off of his friend's car.
There's so many variables and the first one would be the driver mod. It's not a matter of if the car can do 13.9, it's can the driver do 13.9?
Any car can run from one end of the track to the other, his friend may have been able to run a 13.9 but that does not mean his car can. We are talking about two different cars here. His could have been maintained better (not saying you didn't take care of your car, just using an example).

i agree...but i DID have my car at the track 3 seperate times...once when she was almost stock, then with all the boltons and then with the nos..

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
and when i ran the 13.9 i had a nasty vacuum leak under my manifold and a shotty tps so it could very well have been not squirting like it should have considering it squirted based offf the tps voltage.....
i bet my new bird even on a 125 shot wouldnt keep up with my non squirted coug.

BUTTTT maby this one will have a 32V someday..

Nightmare

Reaction score

Very good point. You can only use what other cars like yours have done as a guide. There are a ton of examples of this. 60' plays a bigger part than a lot of people think (1.8-2.0 is a great 60' for street tires). For me it was my car running 14.0's on street tires (2.1 60') stock vs Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords 13.7 for a stock 04 on street tires (1.9 60').

My low 13.7 on dr's could of been better if I could of gotten the car to hook better (2.2 60')

i agree...but i DID have my car at the track 3 seperate times...once when she was almost stock, then with all the boltons and then with the nos..
What were the times on all three times to the track?

and when i ran the 13.9 i had a nasty vacuum leak under my manifold and a shotty tps so it could very well have been not squirting like it should have considering it squirted based offf the tps voltage.....

I honestly wouldnt of sprayed it if the car wasn't 100% with out the spray, but that is just me. As far as the bird vs the cougar, I wouldnt be surprised if it was as fast or a little faster than the cougar since the cougar should of weighed more. Stock for stock, they are the same engine and put out about the same 235hp (approx) so it should be interesting to see. Take the subs out and run it, and put the same mods on the bird.....see what happens. If you want someone to run with and see what you are running, I should be going down to GLD in october (better air temps and less people at the track).

sn95jones

Reaction score

Not if you have it for sale..

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
actually this bird weighs about 400 more than the cougar, the engine is a 95 4.6 wich has even less agressiv e cams than the 96-97's and also weaker valve springs so i cant even PI cam swap it without changing those also...this car asis feels slower than the cougar when i 1st got the coug..and all the coug had was a gutted airbox and no rear cats or mufflers...this engine in this car is a load of sht and would take alot to make any what fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyOctane

Members online