FRPP B springs - No isos- Pics? Opinions?

RichV

Reaction score
I didn't like them as daily material. Specific rate and relatively stiff. This was on a 86 GT, a little stiff IMO.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
lol i hope u didnt buy those ones because that would be waste of money for such a little drop you wont even notice.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
My Son has B springs on his 98gt. Drop was about 1" all around. he also used his stock shocks and struts. Neither he nor his wife has ever complained of the ride being harsh. IIRC he put the spring iso's back on too.

His front tires are 255-45 and mine are 255-40. I'll take care of my wheel gap soon enough.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
lol i hope u didnt buy those ones because that would be waste of money for such a little drop you wont even notice.

Its a difference lol don't worry. No where near as low as I'd like. I have plans for going for a 2" drop next year, rolling the fenders, tucking the exhaust up..

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My Son has B springs on his 98gt. Drop was about 1" all around. he also used his stock shocks and struts. Neither he nor his wife has ever complained of the ride being harsh. IIRC he put the spring iso's back on too.

His front tires are 255-45 and mine are 255-40. I'll take care of my wheel gap soon enough.

Shit if thats with isos thats perfect for me. Even if its not, add a little more gap. 1000x better than stock ride height.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
I think SR springs with iso's would be perfect for u. Do it once and right or wait till u can slam it and go h&r ss no iso's

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I think SR springs with iso's would be perfect for u. Do it once and right or wait till u can slam it and go h&r ss no iso's

Right now I'd be able to do the SR's. But my 295s would get destroyed, I'd need to roll the fenders. And I'm not tryna do that now. The college I go to has a million speed bumps. Not tryna bang up my longtubes or exhaust either. I need practicality. I know all of youse are about no wheel gap lets slam it and scrape everything, I'm not. I'd love to go real low, but I just can't, and won't because I know what the streets are like here. My car wouldn't last a week before something breaks. I daily drive it too. None of you that are completely slammed daily drive it, so..

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol I've daily drove stangs lowered 2" plus for years ... It's fine they don't scrape for shit . You might scrape the mid pipe once in a while but the collectors won't touch on the long tubes ... The streets here are garunteed just as bad . Just do a 2" drop you'll still have wheel gap and won't kill your 295's

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can drive my car anywhere. I use to daily it slammed. If you don't want to slam it, that's fine, but don't try to make excuses. Those of us who actually have slammed cars don't complain so you shouldn't either. Also, your college does not have 'a million speedbumps' & scraping isn't going to 'bang up your longtubes or exhaust'. Ask me how I know.

53783930.jpg

lutter94

Reaction score
B springs are perfect. I couldn't imagine being any lower (and I have ISO's). The exhaust scrapes way too much the way it is.....

slow90coupe

Reaction score
B springs aren't even worth it. You won't even notice the difference, especially with new isos. Sportlines, sve, or SR springs are what you need. My car is what some consider "slammed", and I drove it in myrtle beach with no problems. The roads and speed bumps around there are terrible.What's even better is my daily is about 3 inches lower than my mustang, and I have yet to do this scraping everyone talks about.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I can drive my car anywhere. I use to daily it slammed. If you don't want to slam it, that's fine, but don't try to make excuses. Those of us who actually have slammed cars don't complain so you shouldn't either. Also, your college does not have 'a million speedbumps' & scraping isn't going to 'bang up your longtubes or exhaust'. Ask me how I know.

53783930.jpg

You have longtubes? No. Its annoying to keep hearing slam it, moar low. Like no I'm not gonna **** up my car thank you very much. All my friends with Mustangs who have lowered them have nothing but problems. Million was an exaggeration einstein.. Theres an extreme amount of them in the campus, but I wouldn't know its not like I go there or anything.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
B springs aren't even worth it. You won't even notice the difference, especially with new isos. Sportlines, sve, or SR springs are what you need. My car is what some consider "slammed", and I drove it in myrtle beach with no problems. The roads and speed bumps around there are terrible.What's even better is my daily is about 3 inches lower than my mustang, and I have yet to do this scraping everyone talks about.

A solid inch up front won't make any difference what so ever? Find that difficult to believe. I already have plans of going lower next year. I don't want to roll the fenders now, it'll happen next year. But seriously none of you know what I drive through, just like I have no idea what you guys drive through. I drive my car all over locally, and theres speed bumps, steep driveways and other obstacles all over. Anyone I know over here with a lowered car regrets lowering it as much as they did. thats why I'd rather play it safe, eliminate some gap and still be road friendly.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Trust me when I say this. Your 295's will not even rub in the slightest with sportlines. You'll still have a shit-ton of wheelgap.

RICE ETR

Reaction score
I did pro kit up front without the isos and netted close to 2", I've got a chin spoiler and i don't have any trouble, I just take driveways and parking lots real slow. Now the rear, my god is there wheel gap and then some!

snowman23

Reaction score
I just did B Springs last week. Overall, I am very happy. Looks "right" like it should have from Ford. It is enough of a drop for the roads and speed bumps I encounter every day. I had intended to do only the springs, but after finding the rears leaking, I replaced the shocks with Monroe Sensa-Tracs for three reasons. First, I did not want a harsh ride as I use the car for cruising with my wife and kids. Second, because I could not get the Koni SRTs and the car was on a lift and in pieces, and third, two different Ford Racing techs recommended them as they said that the B springs were "designed and engineered to have a rate and height difference that would work with factory shocks and struts". I am pleased with the outcome.

Before (excuse the dirty car)
before-jpg.105096

After:
img_3081-jpg.105097

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You have longtubes? No. Its annoying to keep hearing slam it, moar low. Like no I'm not gonna **** up my car thank you very much. All my friends with Mustangs who have lowered them have nothing but problems. Million was an exaggeration einstein.. Theres an extreme amount of them in the campus, but I wouldn't know its not like I go there or anything.

You're right, I don't have longtubes. However my ENTIRE exhaust hangs lower than your longtubes so I know what I'm talking about. If you don't want to "ruin your car" by lowering it alot, then that's fine. All I said was to stop making excuses.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You're right, I don't have longtubes. However my ENTIRE exhaust hangs lower than your longtubes so I know what I'm talking about. If you don't want to "ruin your car" by lowering it alot, then that's fine. All I said was to stop making excuses.

Only reason your entire exhaust is lower than my LT's is because your slammed lol. Yes I think lowering a car to the point of being
impractical and a constant headache is ruining the car. But thats just my .02 and everyone has their own views. So whatever floats ya boat idc lol. I wasn't making excuses, was simply naming reasons why I can't go low like I'd like. My back tires were $232 each, I'm not about to cut em up. Thats why I said next year I'll be going LOWER and I'll roll my fenders and modify anything else accordingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online