Fuel pump runs as soon as the battery cable is hooked up! PLEASE HELP

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a stupid thought today but ya never know. There are 4 wires that go down to the gas tank from the trunk, 2 for the pump and two for the level sensor. Is is possible to get them plugged in backwards somehow?

OP
OP
B

BigSkySN95

Reaction score
The pump connection is shorter than the level sensor connection so I would imagine it would be difficult to do that

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was thinking more like plug the harness it that all 4 wires go to backwards? I can't remember what the harness looks like but if it were forced together they could be swapped.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Okay. So if you leave the PCM in, and the battery connected, the fuel pump runs. If you disconnect the PCM, connect the battery, does the fuel pump run?

Also, you know the fuel pump is running because you can hear it running?

OP
OP
B

BigSkySN95

Reaction score
So last night my electrician buddy was over and we did more testing. PCM in or out, if the CCRM is connected, the pump will run.

I can hear the pump, also I have a pressure gauge on my fuel rail and it pressures up

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So last night my electrician buddy was over and we did more testing. PCM in or out, if the CCRM is connected, the pump will run.

I can hear the pump, also I have a pressure gauge on my fuel rail and it pressures up

What happens if you disconnect the CCRM? Does the pump still run? In other words, with the PCM and CCRM disconnected, does the pump run?

OP
OP
B

BigSkySN95

Reaction score
I'm ordering another CCRM per my buddy. The first one literally smoked. This second one I pulled off my running and driving parts car.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ordering another CCRM per my buddy. The first one literally smoked. This second one I pulled off my running and driving parts car.

That was going to be my next question: where did your current CCRM come from. Is there any chance you can put your current CCRM back on your running parts car and confirms that it still works there?

OP
OP
B

BigSkySN95

Reaction score
Sorry can't. When I needed the CCRM I started parting it out. It was really piled up in the front end so it would basically fire up enough to get on the trailer

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry can't. When I needed the CCRM I started parting it out. It was really piled up in the front end so it would basically fire up enough to get on the trailer

Oh well. Anyhoo, if nothing changed regarding your wires (as in splicing or moving things), then it's gotta be either the CCRM or the PCM.

OP
OP
B

BigSkySN95

Reaction score
**Update** This hack mechanic plugged the round ABS plug into the wrong spot and caused this problem so its fixed now! This is the first time I've seen Ford not have unique electrical connectors within the vicinity of each other. Oh well, at least I finally figured it out.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
**Update** This hack mechanic plugged the round ABS plug into the wrong spot and caused this problem so its fixed now! This is the first time I've seen Ford not have unique electrical connectors within the vicinity of each other. Oh well, at least I finally figured it out.

Good gawd so you mean the fuel pump was plugged into the ABS plug???? Ugh.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online