G36 Monkey's Resurrection Build. Number Tew. Update June 10, 2017

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I suppose it's time to let the cat out of the bag. For those of you that don't know, my Red car was totaled, thanks to a red light running incident. The front end was pretty well torked, I got hit at roughly 60mph. It had just gotten it back from paint in January, and had just put its first coat of wax on the weekend prior to the accident. Even worse, I was at a car show earlier the day of the accident.

Anyhow, here is how she looked:

And, earlier the day of the accident:

And Afterwards

Well, it was time to find a new car, unfortunately. In short, insurance barely gave me anything (as expected) but I managed to find a beater shell for $700. I expected it to run and drive, boy was I wrong. Anyhow, here's some pictures:

Man, that grille and such is ugly

So, it was time to get to work:

My motor and trans out

Stock stuff in the black car (it looks exactly the same when it's my stuff, buuut, whatever haha)

If you look really closely, you can see fluid pouring out of the exhaust here. I would estimate roughly 2 quarts came out. The head gasket was blown real good on this car. Then, when we dropped the trans, there may have been about 8oz of fluid in it. Solid!

Happy face :)

Fun with a torch, cutting off the over axle :)

Swapping Fuel tanks (I had just replaced my pump with an SVT Focus pump a few weeks prior)

And here she is....alive ;p

Here is a direct link in case the embedding doesn't work:
http://s495.photobucket.com/user/g3... Introduction/cometolife_zpse7947576.mp4.html

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at the positives....in some ways, this black car is better than the red one, it's a year newer, so it might Bluebook a little higher (not that I care), and it was a fully optioned out car, so it has cruise control and leather, etc. Things I never had before. Anyhow, it started out as an auto, but has since received my drive train, as well as some other fun stuff, because to down grade this much in looks, I had to upgrade elsewhere.

So, I will let these pictures do the talking, then get onto the future final plans.

Terminator Steering Rack

Some of the good stuff in the car :)

Before I finish this, I would like to give a huge thanks to a few friends of mine that really made all of this happen.
Frank Alvarado ( 330CubeGt ), Kyle Cox, Kasey Carey ( whitey ), and Brian Lewis ( silverv6 )

Anyhow, if you can't pick it apart on your own, that is a full Maximum Motorsports K member, control arm, and coil over kit, with Koni adjustable struts. It shaves about 40 pounds off the nose of the car, not to mention this car is already lighter than the red one because I had about 60 pounds of sound deadener in the red car.
I have taken to calling this car, project Number Tew, because it incorporates my last name, as well as the fact that, it's my second mustang.
Before I get into future plans, I know I will have to answer this question later, so let me get to it now:
Why a V6 again?
Well, my drive train was essentially untouched, and I knew I wouldn't get enough from insurance to get a v8 car in any reasonable, reliable condition. But not only that, I have a goal to finish with this motor, before it gets boosted (O yea, he said it) and then I can start on the next car, which would be a V8.
So, the basic rundown of plans for this atrocious car:
Start with the obvious, Chin Spoiler and Mach Delete
99/01 Cobra Front Bumper
The same headlights I had on the Red Car
Possibly (don't hold me to this) 99/01 Cobra tails (with amber)
Terminator/Bullitt Side Skirts
My custom Side Scoops (filled in)
My rear shaved bumper
95 Cobra R style Cowl

I plan to build the motor that came from the donor car, fully forged assembly, then wait till Ortiz performance releases his intercooled M112 for the 6 cylinder, and jump on that.
I am still working on finishing my 8.8 build, 31 spline, c clip elim, girdle, etc. etc.

Any questions or comments, feel free to spit it out.
And so it begins.

Well, got the car home, and decided I needed to swap the interior over, and get the rest of the red panels on. Not yet on the car are the doors, they are sitting in the shop. Also not pictures, this car had one of those billet grilles inside it when I got it. Went ahead and polished it and stuck one of my 35th anniversary badges to it just for giggles. Yes, it's ugly, and yes, it's temporary, but it's better than no pony at all to me lol!

Anyhow:

My dad and I, out working on the car. Just got it back from the shop, so we are pulling all the spare parts from the trunk and interior ha!

Disassembling the charcoal interior.

Some of the money I found inside the car, there's actually a good deal more than this, I would estimate $6 in change haha.

Emptied out, vacuumed, and put the jute back down.

This is how the car sits right now, it's a bit too low for me. Mainly because there is construction going on, so on and so forth. I can barely leave my neighborhood as it sits. I cannot make a fist under the car:

Those headlights polished up quite nicely though :)

K member to ground clearance, as well as long tube clearance haha

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Unsure if I had ever displayed these ramps before. They are awesome, made from 2x12's, I have no issues lifting up lowered cars anymore, and they are short enough to fit in the bed of a truck, sturdy enough to drive a tank onto. Love them.

Lot more room to work up under there now.

Bare SFCs

Some schtuff.

Giant jack stands, supporting her.

Nicely undercoated sfcs :)

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You have no idea man. Sad doesn't even begin to explain. I expect to have her home today, and I will take some pics.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
3yma4e5u.jpg

Sneak peak...

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Hey the cats out of the bag now! Aha good stuff Jeremy! Glad to see that you've made so much progress man!

tapatalkin'

hottwheels04

Reaction score
badass progress congrats man! cant wait to see more! glad to see something positive come from such negative horrible experience man!!

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I really appreciate the feedback guys. Like I said though, without the help of 330cube and Kyle, I'd still be sitting in my driveway looking at two cars, crying.
[MENTION=17876]deeplist[/MENTION] , there is a set local for a little less than that, but I couldn't even afford those right now. Insurance still hasn't paid me back yet so I'm struggling pretty badly.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
deeplist , there is a set local for a little less than that, but I couldn't even afford those right now. Insurance still hasn't paid me back yet so I'm struggling pretty badly.

Understandable. Priorities...

Nice progress on this though. It's coming along nicely!

RichV

Reaction score
Wow, way to get right back in it!! I'm jelly of your suspension, very nice stuff. Where you gonna go with the ass end? May as well ... TA & PHB while you're in there.

That's what's nice about these cars, cheap and plentiful. A new tub is cheap, and you already have all the goodies from the wrecked one.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Rich, I have a set of Lower control arms from MM, however, they are for sn95 rears, so I need to get a set of 99-04 (willing to cut a deal on the lowers for anyone that wants them). I will probably end up talking to you about what all to do with the rear, soaking up your knowledge :)

But for now, the rear has to stay with what it's got, simply for moneys sake. I'm excited to drive it with the suspension, it ought to blow the red car out of the water as far as handling goes.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Good work dude you guys did a great job . It's nice to see you got some good buddies to help you out

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Looking great Jeremy. Glad to see your moving on and using your old car to help make the new car better. Hope to see this thing looking as good as your red car soon :)

Nice front suspension setup btw.. I'm rather jealous of that lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The front suspension was something I had planned for the red car before the end of the year. I figured I needed to treat myself to it to help me get over the atrocity that is the black car ;p

It will definitely take some time, but it will eventually look good haha!

And [MENTION=14656]Musturd[/MENTION], I couldn't have done it without that group. I wish I could repay them, words really can't express how much their quick and timely aid has meant to me in this whole process.

MadStang

Reaction score
3yma4e5u.jpg

Sneak peak...

The OG Tew lives on through this car :)

Looking good Mr. Tew, i loved your sexy voice in the video by the way. glad to see all you Floridians come together and help this man out, couldn't think of a better dude to be treated with such respect!