G36 Monkey's Resurrection Build. Number Tew. Update June 10, 2017

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Glad to see you didn't waste any time. Excited to see the build.

Its not where/when you fall but how fast you get back up right?

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
At least we know the brakes work, lol.

Lol, for those that don't know, he was there for the first drive, when the wheels were towed out in complete opposite directions, I eased into the brakes and they locked up, quite quickly ha.

I will have some pics up hopefully tomorrow, spent quite a while on the alignment rack today. Lowered the car a bit (too much) but I will only have it this low for a few days. Then I go on vacation, and by the time I get back, my camber bolts will be in lol and I will go re align and raise the car up a bit after that.

Even as low as it is, I hit some mild turns with it. GOOOD GOD! Why doesn't everyone have a full tubular front suspension. Car feels so comfortable, but it strictly obeys where I tell it to go! I love it!

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever happened with your accident? Who did they find fault with?

The lawyer is dealing with it. I have to call him up this week. It should be quite easy to throw out the police report, since he clearly didn't listen to a word I said. The officer faulted me, so the other chick is suing me. But the lawyer said that is better for me, because it goes to a different court where he knows the judge, and wins 99.9% of his cases, so on and so forth lol.

Glad to see you didn't waste any time. Excited to see the build.

Its not where/when you fall but how fast you get back up right?

I really appreciate it man. It looks hellacious right now, but, it will get up to par eventually :)

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
geeze man... sorry to hear its such a cluster witht he cop shafting you an' all.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How did I miss this!?

Glad to see you jumping straight into another Stang and that front suspension is SUHWEEEETTTTTT. Super jealous.

McCloud

Reaction score
Nice job with your progress so far! I'm not sure I would be able to just jump right back in after that. You'll definitely love the MM stuff. I went full MM setup in the front and rear with Bilsteins. What spring rate/setup did you go with?

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Wow Big Dogg...I'm beyond sorry to hear that....Wow..Way to jump back in the saddle so hot damn fast..Wow..You are the man..

chris91

Reaction score
Hellz yeah man!! I have two sets of headlights here if you cant find any.

First set are some OEM 02-04 that Im refinishing. Id charge $80 shipped to you.(Im charging $80 picked up local.)

Second are a set of American Muscle smoked headlights that have the clear just starting to peel on them. Id sell them for $90 shipped the way they are.

If you are interested let me know.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How did I miss this!?

Glad to see you jumping straight into another Stang and that front suspension is SUHWEEEETTTTTT. Super jealous.

Thanks buddy!

Nice job with your progress so far! I'm not sure I would be able to just jump right back in after that. You'll definitely love the MM stuff. I went full MM setup in the front and rear with Bilsteins. What spring rate/setup did you go with?

I have the Koni single adjustables, I would have to look through my paperwork to check the spring rates because I forgot ha. And all of that is at the shop. I asked for a "streetable setup that would still be good for autox and road coursing" so, you can guesstimate from that

Wow Big Dogg...I'm beyond sorry to hear that....Wow..Way to jump back in the saddle so hot damn fast..Wow..You are the man..

Thanks, but as I said, I couldn't have done it without my friends here.

We want more updates! We know you're busy at it, now share it with us!!!

I'm about to edit a post and throw some pics up.

Hellz yeah man!! I have two sets of headlights here if you cant find any.

First set are some OEM 02-04 that Im refinishing. Id charge $80 shipped to you.(Im charging $80 picked up local.)

Second are a set of American Muscle smoked headlights that have the clear just starting to peel on them. Id sell them for $90 shipped the way they are.

If you are interested let me know.

If I had $80 sitting around, I would have already bought a chin and stuff. Insurance still hasn't paid :(

I appreciate the offer though man!

Updates:
Car has a tick, thinking one of the lifters is unhappy. I'm going to order a helicoil kit for the rocker arms as a just in case if the threads are bad, but I don't think they are. Getting my old valve covers powder coated this week while I am on vacation, and then coming back to diagnose the issue.

Ticking drives me up the wall.

chris91

Reaction score
If you want I can hold on to a pair for ya until you get your check. No biggie to me.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No worries man, I will probably reorder the ones I had on the red car. Thanks though!

Updated pics, edited posts 2 and 3.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, If there was some to share, I would, but I ate it all up :D
Thanks guys!

RichV

Reaction score
Lookin good man! Check your bumpsteer, the tie rod angles look really big.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online