Game On TRUBBLE!!!!

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
I probably won't use more than 300hp of the kit . . . on a progressive controller. But, it's nice to know I can step up to 500 if I need it . . . :boink:

Yeah, it must be nice knowing you can bump up as much horsepower as my car has with a touch of a button.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
TRUUBLE said:
I probably won't use more than 300hp of the kit . . . on a progressive controller. But, it's nice to know I can step up to 500 if I need it . . . :boink:

Yeah, it must be nice knowing you can bump up as much horsepower as my car has with a touch of a button.

I'm going to wire it so that my halos flash when I hit the spray . . . :bunny3:

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Looks like we will need to step up to the tiny pulley by the time we go out there.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Looks like we will need to step up to the tiny pulley by the time we go out there.

Nah . . . I won't be able to use all 500 . . no way the car would hold it with the current suspension. I'll be able to spray 300 if I'm lucky.

You'll be able to walk me with the big pulley.

Eric_94cobra

Reaction score
Having twice (?) as much money in his car, he should walk you. That blue car looks like one of the big boy players in drag radial. Some of those guys run low 8's, correct?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Eric_94cobra said:
Having twice (?) as much money in his car, he should walk you. That blue car looks like one of the big boy players in drag radial. Some of those guys run low 8's, correct?

We are actually pretty close on money spent. I'm running 10.teens all motor. With the nitrous, it'll be anybody's race.

I just ordered the kit, and decided to back of to the 300hp kit. Mike at NX said that should put me in the middle 8s.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Eric_94cobra said:

We do have a pretty good amount in the car at this point, but it was all accumulated over 4 years, so it's not like we just plunked down a load of cash and went racing. Hell, TRUBBLE's motor is a piece of mechanical art. I bet he's got more in that motor than we have in most of our car, but it really makes no difference. I've seen guys that run Outlaw that just buy all sorts of stuff, and hire guys to tune it for them, and they never go fast, and they just burn through money. We built this car ourselves, in our garage, paint,engine...everything except the cage was built by us. Go to my build thread in the garage to see the whole thing.

Trust me when I say we are a TRUE, LOW budget team. And also, the car will run in NMRA EFI Renegade, not drag radial, so it's a little more tame. It will hopefully run in the 8.80's-8.60's when it's totally sorted out. I would like to have the car at least around the 9.40-9.20 range when we go tangle with TRUBBLE, as I don't want to make him wait forever for this race to happen. We are expecting to make the NMRA world finals in Bowling green in October, so that's when the car should be at it's maximum.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Eric_94cobra said:

We do have a pretty good amount in the car at this point, but it was all accumulated over 4 years, so it's not like we just plunked down a load of cash and went racing. Hell, TRUBBLE's motor is a piece of mechanical art. I bet he's got more in that motor than we have in most of our car, but it really makes no difference. I've seen guys that run Outlaw that just buy all sorts of stuff, and hire guys to tune it for them, and they never go fast, and they just burn through money. We built this car ourselves, in our garage, paint,engine...everything except the cage was built by us. Go to my build thread in the garage to see the whole thing.

Trust me when I say we are a TRUE, LOW budget team. And also, the car will run in NMRA EFI Renegade, not drag radial, so it's a little more tame. It will hopefully run in the 8.80's-8.60's when it's totally sorted out. I would like to have the car at least around the 9.40-9.20 range when we go tangle with TRUBBLE, as I don't want to make him wait forever for this race to happen. We are expecting to make the NMRA world finals in Bowling green in October, so that's when the car should be at it's maximum.

I think it's going to be a pretty good race. It'll probably come down to who can get the car down the track better and how much I pay the starter to screw with Hellion's tree . . . 8)

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
It was nice talking to you the other day Tad, hopefully we will get to put together a pretty fun race. either way it goes, it should be a blast to just hang out and talk shop. We will see if the car gets to go to the track this weekend so we can get our baseline down and see where we will need to be to run with you on nitrous, I'm leaning towards you putting a hurtin' on us, but we will see in the end. :drunk: