Getting aggravated over my car

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Re: Getting very aggravated with my dad over my car

slow96mystic said:
Just pointing out that blanket statements like that aren't productive unless you follow it up with an explanation, which you did after my post. Your right about some cars running like crap, but that can be prevented by careful planning, assembly and tuning. If you do your homework then it should all work out. By the way, welcome to the internet. Grow up and realize that this is a discussion forum. If you can't stand a little criticism of the advice you're giving to people then maybe you shouldn't be giving it in the first place.

Tim

Its called respect. And criticism is not saying that I am wrong and should not br giving advice. What did your car dyno? or what do you run? And by the way he is doing his homework by asking.

slow96mystic

Reaction score

I'm not trying to get into an E-pissing contest with you. I am also not going to do any net racing. But since it's on topic with the thread my 94 gt made 317hp/324rwtq before i put a Vortech S-Trim on it.
For the record, I didn't "disrespect" you in my first post. I just stated that blanket statements with no clarification are worthless and can be misleading. After you inferred that I was a smartass in your subsequent post I might have been a little bit of a dick. Just do me a favor and read your post that I initially quoted. Did it really make any sense until I called you out and you clarified what you were saying? Either way we're jacking this guys thread so if you want to continue this discussion feel free to pm me.

Tim

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

I was just wondering how your car turned out with mixing parts, but since you have a vortech do you have those numbers? And for et I was seeing how much you got to the ground et/mph just to compare not trying to "net race" Truthfully I never heard of using those parts together.

slow96mystic

Reaction score

With the stock Vortech ducting and Pulley it made 433rwhp, but I really can't remember the Torque. When I dyno'd it late last it was just to get a base tune (I'm using and Anderson PMS and still learning the ins and outs). I've had a UPR powerpipe and 16# pulley to install since I got the Vortech kit, but I got deployed (i'm in the Navy) and my schedule went to shit. Now I'm home, but I broke a piston skirt in my 96 Cobra so the GT is pulling daily driver duty. Once I get the Cobra running I'll probably just put the powerpipe on. I think the 16 # pulley is too much for a stock block given the #'s the motor has already put down with the stock pulley. I can list up my entire combo/pics if you're interested.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

yeah please do. I have a tweeker rt but took it off when i added the supercharger, it was too hard to get right. Do you have a msd box ? with that pulley you are probably running out of fuel or spark blowout. How many pounds of boost do you see?

slow96mystic

Reaction score

give me a sec on the pics. Here's the combo:

306 (forged pistons, stock rods w/wavelock bolts, and a girdle)
AFR 165's (58 cc)/ 1.6rr's
Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
Holley Systemax intake
FMS 65mm TB
FMS 42 # Injectors
Pro-M 75 MAF
BBK Longtubes w/ H-pipe
Flowmaster Cat-back
255 in tank pump (haven't installed the T-Rex yet)
MSD 6AL with Coil
Anderson Ford Motorsport PMS w/ Interaq
Eugo 1000 Wideband.

I don't use a boost gage since the PMS displays Manifold pressure. I see about 8# on it. My N/A hp #'s were with an Anderson N-41 cam, but after i installed the supercharger i decided to go with something a little more mild.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

The t rex is the problem put it on and your power and boost will go up. You are running out of fuel and its very unsafe for the motor. what was you a/f ratio

Paul

Legend
Reaction score

Spending $3K+ to put parts on an old tired motor just doesn't make sense to me. Sure there are stories of uber-stangs making it hundreds of thousands of miles with built top ends and no problems. It's been my experience that those are the exception, not the rule. There are plenty of folks who've decided to slap a blower on an older motor and suddenly couldn't keep head gaskets in the car. Other folks swap the top end only to find out the increased horsepower just made a great tool for finding the weak spot in the motor that was otherwise holding together reasonably well.

Spend the money the first time, and spend it only once. That's been the experience I've had, and I think I've had enough Mustangs and combos to give reasonably reliable advice.

Oh, and I call BS on a stock bottom-ended, B-cam'd, blown 302 making 500 rwhp until I see a dyno sheet and video. That's a ton of power for a shitty cam and a small motor. Either that or you're running a LOT of boost.

Paul.

slow96mystic

Reaction score

I tried to post pics but they were too big. It's 2 am so I'll resize and post them tomorrow.

slow96mystic

Reaction score

Paul- Not arguing the point but I've personally seen a stock bottom end, E-cammed, TW heads, GT-40 intake motor with 16 # of boost (S-Trim) make 491 rwhp.

As for the T-Rex, several people told me that a 255 intank was good up to around 500 rwhp. Actually now that it's warmer my A/F is around 10.5 @ WOT so i need to get back on the dyno and lean it out. I'll install the T-Rex soon for peace of mind.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

:aresehole: dont start. Ive seen new motors (like yours)blow up too. as for a shitty cam you are stupid and a stock bottom end it depends on the tune and you never asked how much boost I was using but on motor it was at 317rwhp and 323rwhp with a aggressive tune. And most people find the trans as the weak spot before the motor. As for the head gaskets they blow on any car.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

The b-cam is non-emission and the duration is higher than the E And lift can be changed with rockers. Even ford got more power out of the b it just wasn't smog friendly

quickstang_1994

Reaction score

Dont worry paul I would feel bad to if I had a 422 and it only put those numbers down in a fake saleen. Every comment you seem to have made on this board is smarta$$ remark I guess you never learned manners.

BOS-94-003

Reaction score

To the origainal owner of this post. You did start off a little agressive but im sure it was just in the heat of the moment, happens to the best of us. Dont sweat your dad, just put it on, its your money. If it bites you in ass it bites you in the ass. Dont think youll have that problem though. Post back with how much of a differece you could feel after the install.

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score

BOS-94-003 said:
To the origainal owner of this post. You did start off a little agressive but im sure it was just in the heat of the moment, happens to the best of us. Dont sweat your dad, just put it on, its your money. If it bites you in ass it bites you in the ass. Dont think youll have that problem though. Post back with how much of a differece you could feel after the install.

I will, it's just that 2k for a short block would really set me back. Hell im not even sure if it is 2k im just estimating. But if i buy a short block im going with forged pistons, so I dunno what it would come out to. Honestly the car runs very well. Burns clean, no smoke what so ever. I believe I would be perfectly ok with this package. You don't really hear of v8's blowing up because they were making 350hp at the flywheel.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score

quickstang_1994 said:
:aresehole: dont start. Ive seen new motors (like yours)blow up too. as for a shitty cam you are stupid and a stock bottom end it depends on the tune and you never asked how much boost I was using but on motor it was at 317rwhp and 323rwhp with a aggressive tune. And most people find the trans as the weak spot before the motor. As for the head gaskets they blow on any car.

LMAO. I still haven't seen a dyno sheet or a video. Like I said, either you're lying or running a TON of boost.

Oh, and I don't know what my 422 puts down - it's never been dynoed. Thee old mild 418 made 347/442 NA and 467/615 on a 150 shot. It also has a stock h-pipe and idled like stock.

Paul.

M

musclemustang94

I know it sucks man, if i was in your position i would want to just throw that HCI on my mootr now! Everytime I get a new mod i wanna go intall it right away, but I think you should just hold up and get a new shortblock. Not sure what they cost, i am sure a couple grand. Put a whole fresh motor in it and i am sure you'll see more power, and with forged slugs you'll be able to spray her :-D

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score

musclemustang94 said:
I know it sucks man, if i was in your position i would want to just throw that HCI on my mootr now! Everytime I get a new mod i wanna go intall it right away, but I think you should just hold up and get a new shortblock. Not sure what they cost, i am sure a couple grand. Put a whole fresh motor in it and i am sure you'll see more power, and with forged slugs you'll be able to spray her :-D

Yeah, but its like I wanna have it for the summer you know.

M

musclemustang94

well i can understand that, is your car running now? if it is then just save your mone all summer and you'll be ready to install it in the fall or winter and she'll be ready to jam next summer. Something tells me its not running if its at the shop though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online