Gonna pull the trigger on rear suspension

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on the strip. My local drag strip "Island" you can literally hot lap the car all night long. Where as englishtown you would only get 3 runs. Granted you always ran faster at englishtown since island didnt know what track prep was.. it was still more enjoyable going to the sketchy one with the weeds growing through the staging lanes and the wavy track.
Perfect! My street will be just like Island then!! LOL

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My street… that covered vegetation down there on the left is across from mailbox, 1/10th mile away.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
A dragy is a GPS device you put in your car and it tells you the same info a track would but on your phone. lookup Dragy on the internet it is really cool and Damn accurate.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A dragy is a GPS device you put in your car and it tells you the same info a track would but on your phone. lookup Dragy on the internet it is really cool and Damn accurate.
Will do!
And on second thought... I think it'd be wiser to make my test runs DOWNHILL! More room to stop after the 1/10th. My uphill choices are a dirt road with huge tractor ruts OR my neighbor's gate. I'm thinking downhill is the better option!!

"GPS Race Timer" is the app I downloaded.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not the best road to be honest. For one when doing a burnout on that type of road it is hard on the tire it's like a cheese grater compared to a smooth paved road or a concrete road. If it is the only road you have to work with it is better than no road. I know it is counterintuitive not to do a burnout. But I would just not do one and work on your technique of working on clutch slip and throttle control to get the car moving until you can go WOT.

Reaction score
On the dragy you have to buy the dragy unit itself. You can find them for around 150.00 and at times cheaper. This is the unit you put in the car along with your phone with the dragy app. It's all in the instructions with it.

Fade to Black

Reaction score
IMO why spend all that money on the parts and the labor and not go to the strip? Just use a decent rear tire and not a super aggressive tire. With those mods, it should do really well. Shore you will not put up the best time but your MPH will give you an idea of the time it can run. Don't think I'm roasting you bro cause I'm not. I'm just a drag racer at heart and think everyone should try it no matter what you drive. Definitely an adrenaline rush.
I totally agree. My car already had a PSC1 ProCharger with 10 psi boost and 93 octane race tune and was lowered with H&R springs. I added Bilstein shocks and quads and Lakewood 70/30 struts, Frame connectors and M/T Street II's. She runs straight and true all the way don the track on test and tune days with a best 7.9 in the 1/8. Going to add a nitrous wet jet at 35hp. Don't want to blow it up too soon until I have an LS1 or 2019 coyote motor

Reaction score
Fade to Black just shoot the 35 dry and add fuel in the tune via the fuel injectors. This is the way I do all my tunes up to a 50 shot with or without boost. The reason for adding fuel in the tune for a small shot is so you know for a fact all 8 cylinders are receiving the same amount of enrichment. Well, you might say that is why I'm doing a wet shot and that is fine, But when spraying anything in the air track then through the intake manifold, and finally into the combustion chamber where you always will have distribution issues cylinder to cylinder. So to wrap this up go dry shot it eliminates the need for an extra line to be run AKA fuel line which speeds up installation and one less thing to leak. Also, you have the peace of mind all your cylinders are being evenly fueled. "I know someone will read this and call me a stupid MFr and that's fine. I have been tuning for 20 years starting with carburetors whether it was with nitrous a top mount blower or a centrifugal blower with a carb hat. And of course both N20 with boost. Then started with EFI tuning. So I have a lot of experience with tuning single and multiple power adders." It's long-winded but just wanted to explain so it made sense. I hope I did :oops:LOL
:oops: When the old girl finally chunks a rod or drops a valve please put a Coyote in it. You know like I do if you get a gen 2 or 3 all you need is boost a BAP if you are using 93 octane and a tune with exhaust and you're making 650 -700 hp or 750-800 with Q16 or equivalent fuel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Time for a separate thread! This is all good info and it’ll get better eyeball on its own. Shame for it to be wasted and fall by the wayside here in a “I bought new rear suspension stuff” thread!
Cut & paste in a new thread, yes??

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, brought the car home today! Full MM rear suspension is in, including TA springs and Bilstein shocks. They also went ahead and installed the front suspension coil overs and solid aluminum bushings. Just needs an alignment, but it’s not far off as it sets. I can already feel the improvement. Grip is greatly improved. Can throw it through turns without worrying if the back end is gonna lose traction and come around on me! I’m lovin the MM coil-overs with Bilstein’s in front, too!
Pics to follow….

Last edited:

badass98svt

Reaction score
Wait til you feel how responsive the wheel is with those solid rack bushings.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wait til you feel how responsive the wheel is with those solid rack bushings.
I can already tell! The car feels so much better. More solid; roses much better. They also remedied that annoying “knocking “ sound from underneath. Exhaust hanger adjustment. The shocks and springs make a HUGE difference. Car rides and feels like Ithought/expected it to all along.
The guys at the shop went diligently through the MM instructions, even called MM couple times to clarify. Took 29 man hours and worth it!

Last edited:

Tillerman77

Reaction score
I can already tell! The car feels so much better. More solid; roses much better. They also remedied that annoying “knocking “ sound from underneath. Exhaust hanger adjustment. The shocks and springs make a HUGE difference. Car rides and feels like Ithought/expected it to all along.
The guys at the shop went diligently through the MM instructions, even called MM couple times to clarify. Took 29 man hours and worth it!
MM provides great product and service based on my own interactions with them.

joe65

Reaction score
Good stuff! your thread has me back on the MM band wagon. I bought some koni's and rear springs to match up with my front coil over set up I'll be putting on. Jack Headley at MM has helped me decide on what pieces go together. I was looking at my account with them and i've spent some $$ on their stuff on my last 2 cars. now starting another...its problem.....:)

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Jack was extremely helpful and patient with me, going thru all my options and combinations of parts to get me where I wanted to go with the suspension.
Even my installers, when they called them with questions, said MM was awesome in their help and in their tech knowledge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online