Goodyear Eagle GSD 3 the best street ultra high performance Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
"Federal's extremely successful UHP... Combat-bred, performance driven, designed for those requiring flat-out performance, no other tire grips like the 595, yet still provides for the basic comforts of everyday driving. Aggressive V-shaped tread and innovative silica compound maximizes higher level of adhesion, resistance to aquaplaning, and gives your car the ultimate control in acceleration, cornering and braking."

Only $87.52 on eBay. Why are they the best? It says so in the ad and they have a five of five star rating. I believe everything I see on the internet, so this MUST be the best tire (insert mike drop here). :rolleyes:
You failed to post up some independent testing to back up your claim. Furthermore, Federal does not make a 315/35/17 tire but Goodyear does.

Finally, the Goodyear Eagle GSD 3 tires are made here in USA so I’m supporting the American economy and American jobs.

Federated is a cheap off shore tire. You get what you pay for and when you buy cheap, you end up with a cheap product.

Goodyear Eagle GSD 3: winner by a knockout punch!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You failed to post up some independent testing to back up your claim. Furthermore, Federal does not make a 315/35/17 tire but Goodyear does.

Finally, the Goodyear Eagle GSD 3 tires are made here in USA so I’m supporting the American economy and American jobs.

Federated is a cheap off shore tire. You get what you pay for and when you buy cheap, you end up with a cheap product.

Goodyear Eagle GSD 3: winner by a knockout punch!

I’m all about supporting American businesses but I can tell you from experience that doesn’t always or often make them better. Unfortunately a lot of foreign product have and will always have an upper hand.

And as far as using car and driver for any kind of research, please tell me your not that damn dumb?!?! They wrote reviews based upon the kick backs they get from those companies. It’s been proven many times. All magazine reviews typically are.

Find a real review written by real race drivers who aren’t getting paid to discuss something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
I’m all about supporting American businesses but I can tell you from experience that doesn’t always or often make them better. Unfortunately a lot of foreign product have and will always have an upper hand.

And as far as using car and driver for any kind of research, please tell me your not that damn dumb?!?! They wrote reviews based upon the kick backs they get from those companies. It’s been proven many times. All magazine reviews typically are.

Find a real review written by real race drivers who aren’t getting paid to discuss something.

No, I’m not as dumb as you look. Re read my previous posts where I cited an independent test by the Corvette club that backs up my statement that the Goodyear is the best.

Furthermore, you can’t attack the car and driver test unless you can post some solid proof that Goodyear sucked off Car and driver and thus skewed the results in favor of the Goodyear. ( doubt it )

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No, I’m not as dumb as you look. Re read my previous posts where I cited an independent test by the Corvette club that backs up my statement that the Goodyear is the best.

Furthermore, you can’t attack the car and driver test unless you can post some solid proof that Goodyear sucked off Car and driver and thus skewed the results in favor of the Goodyear. ( doubt it )

When I bought my Verdstein Sesantra’s I looked and found many corvette forums discussing how awesome they were especially when auto-x’ing and road course racing.

Funny thing is that car and driver has never done an article on those tires even though a lot of exotic cars used to come with them from the factory. So are you saying cause car and driver didn’t do an article on these tires that the corvette forums were wrong? And do a little research, Goodyear has bought many reviews over the years. All big companies do it and it’s not new news.

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
A video that covers all the features of the fantastic Goodyear Eagle GSD 3 tire

PinkieT

Reaction score
My mustang uses 275/40/17 front and 315/35/17 rear.

245/45/17 looks like a pizza cutter to me

Cobraricer46, your initial post stated "Widest 275/40/17 and 315/35/17 tires on the market". I posted an eBay link to a 275/40/17 Federal. Who mentioned a 245/45/17 except you? Lay off the Cobras, man!

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
When I bought my Verdstein Sesantra’s I looked and found many corvette forums discussing how awesome they were especially when auto-x’ing and road course racing.

Funny thing is that car and driver has never done an article on those tires even though a lot of exotic cars used to come with them from the factory. So are you saying cause car and driver didn’t do an article on these tires that the corvette forums were wrong? And do a little research, Goodyear has bought many reviews over the years. All big companies do it and it’s not new news.

Once again, you are talking nonsense. A shitty off shore low priced tire like a Federal was never standard equipment on exotic vehicles.

Furthermore, you failed to post up a tire test to back up your claim. Post proof, not bull.

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
Cobraricer46, your initial post stated "Widest 275/40/17 and 315/35/17 tires on the market". I posted an eBay link to a 275/40/17 Federal. Who mentioned a 245/45/17 except you? Lay off the Cobras, man!

You mentioned a 245/45/17 in post 25

By the way , you need a front and rear tires. 275/40/17 wont fit on my rear 10.5 inch wide rim. Besides that, even if Federal made a 315/35/17 tire, I’m not going put on a cheap garbage off shore tire on my car.

PinkieT

Reaction score
You mentioned a 245/45/17 in post 25

By the way , you need a front and rear tires. 275/40/17 wont fit on my rear 10.5 inch wide rim. Besides that, even if Federal made a 315/35/17 tire, I’m not going put on a cheap garbage off shore tire on my car.

1) I did? Check the post again, and the size of the tire in the link. I bet you didn't even look at it, Cobraricer46.
2) Cheap garbage tire? Post your independent reviews, not just opinion.
3) Your Goodyear supertire did not come out on top of a Tire Rack review, they came in third out of four.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-D3
4) Some Eage F1 GS-D3 tires were made in Germany, some in China, at least back in 2008. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/101080-Goodyear-Eagle-F1-GS-D3-tires-made-in-CHINA. Isn't that off shore?

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
1) I did? Check the post again, and the size of the tire in the link. I bet you didn't even look at it, Cobraricer46.
2) Cheap garbage tire? Post your independent reviews, not just opinion.
3) Your Goodyear supertire did not come out on top of a Tire Rack review, they came in third out of four.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-D3
4) Some Eage F1 GS-D3 tires were made in Germany, some in China, at least back in 2008. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/101080-Goodyear-Eagle-F1-GS-D3-tires-made-in-CHINA. Isn't that off shore?

3/4 overall ain’t bad. I did say that for 18 and larger diameters, the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 is the best, but in a 17 diameter tire , especially a 315/35/17, the Goodyear Eagle GSD 3 is the only option for a top of the line ultra high performance street tire. Period.

The Goodyear Eagle GSD 3 tires on my car are made in USA so that’s what matters.

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
Your connecting rods are overpriced.
Something is overpriced when it’s expensive and lacks quality. Soon, I will launch an assault on the hideous automatic transmission Turbo cars so that’s going to call for a made in USA connecting rod that can take any abuse that you can throw at it. A part that meets those requirements is going to cost money. No way around it.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Something is overpriced when it’s expensive and lacks quality. Soon, I will launch an assault on the hideous automatic transmission Turbo cars so that’s going to call for a made in USA connecting rod that can take any abuse that you can throw at it. A part that meets those requirements is going to cost money. No way around it.

Do you w em have a build thread with a worth mentioning? You talk all this shit all the time but where’s your record breaking jaw dropping pussie getting beast of a car?!?!?

Nobody cares. Only reason we don’t ban you is cause everyone here likes having a community retard to pick on and since handz finally took a permanent hiatus you’ve been allowed to stay to fill that void.

Maybe you are handz. I’m starting to wonder.

OP
OP
cobraracer46

cobraracer46

Reaction score
I can only assume the rods are being custom machined from titanium.
The rods are the Manley Pro Series I beams made from 300M billet steel, part number 15318-8. The best 4.6 Ford modular connecting rod available.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I am just really surprised that you are not going all out coyote....... But that would be a lot of power to handle.

PinkieT

Reaction score
The rods are the Manley Pro Series I beams made from 300M billet steel, part number 15318-8. The best 4.6 Ford modular connecting rod available.

Here we go again, Cobraricer. The best 4.6 mod rod available? Where are your test results??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online