GOT 176K ON ENGINE, WHAT'S MY OPTIONS?

OP
OP
S

sho89mtx

Reaction score
One thing to consider, the maintenance that's been done (or not done) before you got the car. If you suspect the motor wasn't taken very good care of, in my opinion I wouldn't do it. My 2000 has 178k on it (or around there anyway), and the timing chains and guides were absolutely SHOT. Since I don't know the maintenance of my car prior to me getting it (but all indications now tell me that it was abused and not cared for properly), I don't plan on doing much to this motor by way of upgrades. I'll find a nice low mileage motor when the time comes. Car goes plenty fast for me close to stock...
SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD PLAN TO ME, I MIGHT DO THE SAME

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I rebuilt a buddies 4.6l 2v out of his 95 crownvic. He had no money and I had the confidence. Its got used pistons, rods, rings, and bearings from a cobra mated to his 200k crankshaft block. He hammers it as much as he can! Still living!

heffe2001

Reaction score
At some point I've got to tear down the 4.6 in my pickup ('98 F150 Nascar edition w/213k on the clock). There's exhaust gas getting into the coolant system. Most likely try doing a PI swap on it, but if I can come up with a decent mileage f150 4.6, I'll probably just swap the motor (would be nice if it was slightly newer and used COPs). Gotta get the mustang up and running first, as the F150 is my daily at the moment...

HetoH8Tl.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online