Gulf Oil inspired Rally car Mustang build

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd love to run dumps, but you're not allowed to because of the chance of catching grass on fire. I am planning on doing side pipes though.

It's so much fun!
a pro photographer came out on Sunday. These are probably the nicest pictures of a crappy car I've ever seen.

SwKrGyw.jpg

XUSkUBI.jpg
side pipes is going to reduce your ground clearance a couple of inches

OP
OP
Matthew Vaudrin

Matthew Vaudrin

Reaction score
Me and my exhaust guy have a plan. Off road X pipe down to 2 inch side pipes that turn 90% and follow the raised point in the floor. Should still flow real well for a stock 302, and not loose much clearance.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Me and my exhaust guy have a plan. Off road X pipe down to 2 inch side pipes that turn 90% and follow the raised point in the floor. Should still flow real well for a stock 302, and not loose much clearance.

Do it straight up nascar style. They do those really crazy flat oval side exhaust and they flow really well. And in your case they woudnt cause ground clearance issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Vaudrin

Matthew Vaudrin

Reaction score
Finished my 4th event the other day. Man this stuff is fun! I have the car working pretty well now, and was able to focus on improving my driving. This track was awesome! think I caught some air this go around. I do know that I flattened one of the exhaust tips. lol I also almost lost a wheel again. But for the 4th time the car drove back up on the trailer under it's own power. Next up is shocks and struts, sub frame connectors and welded torque boxes.
As it was, my first run was a 86.884, and by the end of the day I got it down to a 72.030 So I'm doing something right. I was keeping pace with a STI hatch that my buddy was running. He's just as new at it as me, but less willing to damage his car. lol

GHW8IIr.jpg
gN1vchb.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online