Guys Im Worried! Emissions

Foster98GT

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
0
I dont think my ride is gonna pass emissions. I have MIL Eliminators and yes my CEL stays on constantly. Is it possible to pass emissions like this? If i fail i plan on getting a catted X-Pipe.
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
174
Location
South Jersey
you have no cats? it most likely won't pass the sniffer without them.
 

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
23,204
Reaction score
2
I don't know how your state is but here in NC when you go in for inspection, your car is hooked up to a computer that is linked directly with Raleigh. The computer determines weather you pass or not, the guy at the shop has nothing to do with the OBD II test. You info goes in with the vin number. The only thing you can wet his palm for is the safety inspection. This is why I went completely legal with my Cobra, I did not want any probs come inspection time.
 

sxynerd

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
3,061
Reaction score
5
Location
Virginia
Little off topic but along the same! Does anyone know if the rumor of the SOS pads up the tail pipe really fools the "sniffer"? Thanks Droptop for the wordage!
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
174
Location
South Jersey
never heard of that...that would be a cheap fix if it were true.
 

Foster98GT

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
0
They dont use the sniffer here. Thet only use the puter to test.
 

ripper

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
3,323
Reaction score
0
NJ has one of the tuffest inspections in the us (cept fer californy) I have a o/r prochamber and flew right threw. You will fail if you have a light on though. If your tune is good the sniffer wont fail ya. You actually are burning the fuel more efficient then most stock cars if you have a good tune. Even without the cats. But you gotta do somthin with that light. MIL's may be bad or maybe like 19mustang95 said maybe its somthing else.
 

Fets

Post Whore
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
11,013
Reaction score
2
Snakebit said:
I don't know how your state is but here in NC when you go in for inspection, your car is hooked up to a computer that is linked directly with Raleigh. The computer determines weather you pass or not, the guy at the shop has nothing to do with the OBD II test. You info goes in with the vin number. The only thing you can wet his palm for is the safety inspection. This is why I went completely legal with my Cobra, I did not want any probs come inspection time.

I thought Long tubes would make you fail, no matter if you have a catted x???
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
2
Fets said:
Snakebit said:
I don't know how your state is but here in NC when you go in for inspection, your car is hooked up to a computer that is linked directly with Raleigh. The computer determines weather you pass or not, the guy at the shop has nothing to do with the OBD II test. You info goes in with the vin number. The only thing you can wet his palm for is the safety inspection. This is why I went completely legal with my Cobra, I did not want any probs come inspection time.

I thought Long tubes would make you fail, no matter if you have a catted x???

visual yes, but the actual test i dont think so.
 

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
23,204
Reaction score
2
19mustang95 said:
Fets said:
Snakebit said:
I don't know how your state is but here in NC when you go in for inspection, your car is hooked up to a computer that is linked directly with Raleigh. The computer determines weather you pass or not, the guy at the shop has nothing to do with the OBD II test. You info goes in with the vin number. The only thing you can wet his palm for is the safety inspection. This is why I went completely legal with my Cobra, I did not want any probs come inspection time.

I thought Long tubes would make you fail, no matter if you have a catted x???

visual yes, but the actual test i dont think so.

That's right, the visual test could be failed if the inspector wants to be a complete ASS :aresehole:.........I took it to the shop that does all our work truck maintainace, so they knew me and passed it with no questions asked. I went with legal tint and the catted x pipe so I would be guarantee to pass.
 

white98stang

Active Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
988
Reaction score
0
my 6 is stock and i failed mt inspection in NC because of bald tires but did have a little tread
 

Fets

Post Whore
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
11,013
Reaction score
2
Damn glad I dont live in NC, well I might in a few years
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
174
Location
South Jersey
Fets said:
Damn glad I dont live in NC, well I might in a few years

you like Nascar, Country Music and sex with you sister? you'll fit in great :bunny3:
 

Fets

Post Whore
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
11,013
Reaction score
2
Welp, I guess Brian fits right in then eh?
 

white98stang

Active Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
988
Reaction score
0
thats so stereotypical
us north carolinians are nothing like that... we do love our nascar though :dancing6:
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
74,879
Messages
1,452,518
Members
13,568
Latest member
gunnybuck

Members online

Top