Has anyone used a titanium exhaust

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m looking for the loudest and best exhaust set up for the 95 GT I’ve heard titanium sounds really good but can’t find any videos anyone every use a titanium exhaust set up before ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve never even seen a titanium exhaust and I’d hate to see how much one would cost.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Isnt a titanium exhaust more of a riceburner aftermarket exhaust selling gimmick?

delling3

Reaction score
I may be wrong (have been once before ;)) but I don't see how titanium will sound appreciably different than steel, or aluminum, or anything else. It will certainly be lighter, likely more corrosion resistant, and most definitely more $$, but I would bet that if you compared the difference between a steel system and an identical system in titanium, that you would never be able to tell them apart based on sound.

lutter94

Reaction score
Exhaust materials do not affect sound. Unless you are saying steel rusts out, and then yes, that most definitely affects the sound.

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
I may be wrong (have been once before ;)) but I don't see how titanium will sound appreciably different than steel, or aluminum, or anything else. It will certainly be lighter, likely more corrosion resistant, and most definitely more $$, but I would bet that if you compared the difference between a steel system and an identical system in titanium, that you would never be able to tell them apart based on sound.

Thank you this makes perfect sense I’ve been doing research and there isn’t a huge difference in sound

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Well...lets talk about what type of exhaust sound you are looking for.

My opinion. ....straight, no muffler, no cats, and cut off just before the rearend or all the way to the back for quieter exhaust.

Research your model year and exhaust brand. Chances are youll find a video / sound click.

My likes are the straight no muffler scenario.

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Well...lets talk about what type of exhaust sound you are looking for.

My opinion. ....straight, no muffler, no cats, and cut off just before the rearend or all the way to the back for quieter exhaust.

Research your model year and exhaust brand. Chances are youll find a video / sound click.

My likes are the straight no muffler scenario.

I have some SLP 1s I’m putting this on with a x pipe no cats no mufflers just the SLPs I’m trying to be as loud as possible

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
changing the metal should change the sound a bit, but I always thought it was more for the turbo/2-stage guys to handle the heat/pressure and keep it light and expensive the way we all like it.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Titanium exhaust will provide a more metallic, raspy tone as opposed to the same system in stainless due to the thinner walls used in construction.

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
Titanium exhaust will provide a more metallic, raspy tone as opposed to the same system in stainless due to the thinner walls used in construction.

Thank you this has been what I was looking for

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I remember back when i wanted a super quiet car i chose cherry bomb super turbo mufflers for the straight dual exhaust. A low deep rumble is all that was heard but when the rpms were high the mufflers would rasp and kackle and sounded great.....untill they blew apart.....like within a month.

Flimsy they were. Not welded and more of a stock replacement muffler, but i can understand the materials could change the sound only by how they materials resonate from poor construction.

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
I remember back when i wanted a super quiet car i chose cherry bomb super turbo mufflers for the straight dual exhaust. A low deep rumble is all that was heard but when the rpms were high the mufflers would rasp and kackle and sounded great.....untill they blew apart.....like within a month.

Flimsy they were. Not welded and more of a stock replacement muffler, but i can understand the materials could change the sound only by how they materials resonate from poor construction.

See my mustang now sounds very quiet deep idle but nothing at high rpms I want both so at high rpms and start up super loud and a good nice deep idle

OP
OP
colecanizales99

colecanizales99

Reaction score
I just installed electric cut outs and LOVE to use my loud button :)

Which ones did you use ? If you don’t mind me asking I’m going to be getting some soon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online