Heater crossover pipe

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had to take my upper off to inspect a leak and I was able to get a pic of what I did since I could not find a kit and didn't want to put the used one I had available. IIRC it was a 1/2 npt - -12an adaptor to a 90 an fitting then to the hose and finally a hose nipple on the end.

VXofA9M.jpg

dalpoas83

Reaction score
Found some coolant on the valve cover today . I think I’m going to copy ttocs setup

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is yours in good shape and if so how much you asking?
I took it apart, replace/greased the orings and all I need to do is modify a tool I have to put it all back together. It would be untested but I am not looking to rip anyone off and if there is a problem we could figure it out. If you have a bad one I would take it to repair for the next guy

dalpoas83

Reaction score
I’m interested. Would send you this one but not sure it can be repaired honestly. How confident are you in this pipe not leaking?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I’m interested. Would send you this one but not sure it can be repaired honestly. How confident are you in this pipe not leaking?
I wouldn't sell it if I didn't think it would hold, I am not that kind of guy. Its just a matter of getting to the orings that is kind of a pain in the ass as you have to carefully press some tabs on the end to allow it to come apart. Once you do that, swap the orings and some fresh grease and then you need to expand those tabs back out and the only reason I have not done that is I will need to cut a mechanics race/press tool in half so that it will not bottom out when it is pressed in. Once I do it that tool will basically be dedicated to this job ya know? Thinking about it now, I have only really ever needed to use it one time so I am not sure why that would stop me. DM me if you want it and we can work it out.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
What ttocs is offering sounds like a decent alternative from the junkyard. I can offer you two options but they are not the cheapest.

1. I can sell you a refurbished heater tube with new OEM O-rings and it's painted flat black but you need to send me your old one as a core. Turn around time is 4 to 5 days. Pricing shipped is $200.

2. I can repair your old one but I don't start refurbishing parts until November. Turn around time is 3 weeks and the price shipped is $200

Good luck
Michael Plummer

Last edited:

dalpoas83

Reaction score
What ttocs is offering sounds like a decent alternative from the junkyard. I can offer you two options but they are not the cheapest.

1. I can sell you a refurbished heater tube with new OEM O-rings and it's painted flat black but you need to send me your old one as a core. Turn around time is 4 to 5 days. Pricing shipped is $200.

2. I can repair your old one but I don't start refurbishing parts until November. Turn around time is 3 weeks and the price shipped is $200

Good luck
Michael Plummer
Got one coming already but appreciate the response.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online