Heater crossover pipe

waynenorcross

Reaction score
I’m not too worried I have a 160* t-stat and the fans low speed is set for 190* and high speed is set at 200*. The t-stat will be open long before the fans would need to come on.
Just a thought here on t-stat temp. I was under the impression that the car won't go into closed loop mode until 180 degrees. Unless you have done something in the tune to bypass this, you are not turning on your sensors.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
Just a thought here on t-stat temp. I was under the impression that the car won't go into closed loop mode until 180 degrees. Unless you have done something in the tune to bypass this, you are not turning on your sensors.
I actually called Adam at pops racing who’s tuning my car and he said the same thing. Even if it does cause an issue we will be able to see it when we data log.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Closed loop is determined by a few things but is mostly dependent on o2 sensor/cat temp. Coolant temp won’t really affect when it goes into closed loop.

waynenorcross

Reaction score
Closed loop is determined by a few things but is mostly dependent on o2 sensor/cat temp. Coolant temp won’t really affect when it goes into closed loop.
Closed loop is absolutely affected by coolant temperature. I went back to some old threads when I was in the SVT forum and the SCOA forums and 170 degrees keeps popping up. Plus, while working at AutoZone, we wouldn't sell a customer a 160 degree t stat unless they had the ability to tune because they would bring them back after a week and say the car was running bad all the time. I stick by my statement.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
Closed loop is absolutely affected by coolant temperature. I went back to some old threads when I was in the SVT forum and the SCOA forums and 170 degrees keeps popping up. Plus, while working at AutoZone, we wouldn't sell a customer a 160 degree t stat unless they had the ability to tune because they would bring them back after a week and say the car was running bad all the time. I stick by my statement.
I have quarter horse and my HEGOs are turned off. I tuned it with a wide band.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was going to comment that I know my holley is set up to enter at either 140 or 160 and figured there had to be a number that the stock ecu was looking for but I have never tuned a stock ecu to know.

07GtS197

Reaction score
That’s not necessarily true. Go take a datalog and see at what temp the ecu goes into closed loop. Closed loop has to do with the o2 sensors being at the right temperature to read correctly. Coolant temperature has an effect on afr but does not determine when the ecu goes into closed loop.

I will add this, I know in the fox days Ford did use 140* coolant temp because at that temperature the o2 sensors are at the correct temperature. The 94-95 are bastard years, I’m not 100% sure which parameter it uses. I was speaking on obd2 vehicles, I’m not as familiar with obd1 ecu’s. I will give you that.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I hate to tell you that I am pretty sure that will not work. I tried to get something similar on mine and discovered that unless it has the abilty to tighten down as its held in one position that it will hit our intake. That stupid little swivel with the orings on it that went bad was there for a reason.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I see it says it was only good for 79-85. I thought maybe it would be ok on a carb style intake but our efi's get in the way

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
I hate to tell you that I am pretty sure that will not work. I tried to get something similar on mine and discovered that unless it has the abilty to tighten down as its held in one position that it will hit our intake. That stupid little swivel with the orings on it that went bad was there for a reason.

Fantastic. Absolutely love 94/95 mustangs. Ford engineering is just brilliant.

Should have just saved up and started with another early second gen camaro after my first one got totaled.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can give you the name of a guy on facebook that will send you a good factory pipe he fixed your bad one and some $$$. I have never asked how much he charges.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
I can give you the name of a guy on facebook that will send you a good factory pipe he fixed your bad one and some $$$. I have never asked how much he charges.
Mines covered in JB weld I don’t think we can save it at this point. There was one in the junk yard last week but there was a fire under the hood and didn’t look like it be worth the effort to try and grab it out.

I’ll look up how much he charges for one. I’m probably gonna just go to ace hardware and piece together fittings and make it work somehow.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I happen to have an extra one that I got ahold just after I ordered the an parts in case they did not work. I think he has one or two extra to sell but if not hit me up and we can make it happen. Just a though, know anyone that has a compressor and does sand/media blasting? I bet the jb weld could be taken in not too long.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
I just finished refurbishing another 94-95 coolant crossover tube, but this one does NOT come with a temperature sensor. I'll be happy to send you photos if you're seriously interested, but the asking price is $200 shipped.

Here's an old for sale thread to make sure we're talking about the same part. The condition is the same.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
I just finished refurbishing another 94-95 coolant crossover tube, but this one does NOT come with a temperature sensor. I'll be happy to send you photos if you're seriously interested, but the asking price is $200 shipped.

Here's an old for sale thread to make sure we're talking about the same part. The condition is the same.

Thanks
Michael Plummer
Does it still have the threaded hole for the temp sensor? I have a brand new sensor. I could send you mine that needs repair in return. I also know there are a few in the local junkyards I could go snag as well.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Does it still have the threaded hole for the temp sensor? I have a brand new sensor. I could send you mine that needs repair in return. I also know there are a few in the local junkyards I could go snag as well.
Yes, it has a threaded hole for a temperature sensor. To evaluate a part for refurbishing, I need to see it in person.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online