Hellion Twin Turbo Setup questions - buying it for my 97 GT

Phxaz92

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am going to buy the Hellion Twin Turbo setup for my mustang. I'm building a parts list and need some help to finish it up. I want to purchase PI heads but haven't been able to find a reliable source for some. I want to buy the Stage 3 comp cams but am also wondering if they're a direct fit into the PI heads. Also, I will be running 60lb injectors but want to know as far as spark plugs which would be recommended and also the gap. I have alot more questions but will ask once I know that there is someone out there that may be sabby with this turbo setup. Thank you for all the help!

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Is this being run on stock internals? If so, you really won't have much room to grow after going twin turbo and PI heads/cams

OP
OP
Phxaz92

Phxaz92

Reaction score
My mustang will not be run on stock internals. Its getting built bottom up but im not too sure on what certain parts would be best suited, I like doing 1/2 mile racing (60 pulls) and am unsure what differential would be good to run on this setup? Or what bolt on trans would match up to the mustang but a 6 speed? Also, do you happen to know a good link to where I can get a set of PI heads? thanks for any help on this.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Hellion is one of the best turbo companies out. Ive got a few friends running them and the customer service is down right attentive!!

The pi heads can be sourced from ebay, craigslist, or salvage yard. Look for 04-up 4.6l 2v engines as they are 8thread sparkplug holes. Crownvics, e-series vans.

Food for thought....your stock npi heads can be equally as good or if not better than the pi in your case. Switching to pi doesnt mean more power when being forced feed. Attributes of npi head favors turbo's. No quench pad, smaller exhaust valve, higher valve spring seat weight, thicker deck surface, and if you score a set of 5.4l npi heads the list gets better. Virtually no factory problems exsist with npi heads.

OP
OP
Phxaz92

Phxaz92

Reaction score
Hellion is one of the best turbo companies out. Ive got a few friends running them and the customer service is down right attentive!!

The pi heads can be sourced from ebay, craigslist, or salvage yard. Look for 04-up 4.6l 2v engines as they are 8thread sparkplug holes. Crownvics, e-series vans.

Food for thought....your stock npi heads can be equally as good or if not better than the pi in your case. Switching to pi doesnt mean more power when being forced feed. Attributes of npi head favors turbo's. No quench pad, smaller exhaust valve, higher valve spring seat weight, thicker deck surface, and if you score a set of 5.4l npi heads the list gets better. Virtually no factory problems exsist with npi heads.

I understand that better now thank you. I saw a set of trick flow heads online and they said it first 96-04 mustangs so I took to the assumption that if it fit those years they had to be PI. Non the less here is the link ( https://lmr.com/item/TFS-519380375/1996-04-Mustang-46L-Trcik-Flow-Top-End-Engine-Kit-44CC ). How do your friends like the turbo kit thou and the ease of installing? If they're on the forum you should ask them to post so I can get a better idea from experience. And yes, I will be force feeding my mustang and have already lined up a T56 trans and 3.55 gears for it now just need to find what driveshaft and heads haha. And Im also trying to find me a dart block but havn't found a reliable source. Anyways, thank you for your reply it was helpfull.

Wichers123

Reaction score
If your doing airstrip racing then you need to think not horsepower but egts. You need to make sure you build a motor that can handle the heat involved with making a min pass all the way thru fifth. Pass like that can melt pistons and wear turbos exhaust sides. An average compression ratio should be 8.5-1 to 9.5-1 max with either e85 or meth involved.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I understand that better now thank you. I saw a set of trick flow heads online and they said it first 96-04 mustangs so I took to the assumption that if it fit those years they had to be PI. Non the less here is the link ( https://lmr.com/item/TFS-519380375/1996-04-Mustang-46L-Trcik-Flow-Top-End-Engine-Kit-44CC ). How do your friends like the turbo kit thou and the ease of installing? If they're on the forum you should ask them to post so I can get a better idea from experience. And yes, I will be force feeding my mustang and have already lined up a T56 trans and 3.55 gears for it now just need to find what driveshaft and heads haha. And Im also trying to find me a dart block but havn't found a reliable source. Anyways, thank you for your reply it was helpfull.

I have no turbo expirience, and cannot help there. I will say though, modular engines do not have dart blocks (that I'm aware of), nor do they need them. Lots of people run 1500+ horsepower through stock blocks. We aren't working with those dinosaur aged pushrod engines lol.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
:superhack: :superhack: :superhack:

Hater. Lol

No help here just had to throw that out, carry on :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Phxaz92

Phxaz92

Reaction score
Ok that makes more sense I am planning on runnin on E85 but further down the road. If you see no fit for a dart block and people are running that much power off our blocks then I guess im good haha of course I will take it to a machine shop to bore it out some more and see how shes doing underneath. I appreciate the help guys. Is there anything I can do to my mustang to help with improving the old mechanical components to electronic to save weight? I know the fan is one mod I can do to save weight and remove un needed stress off the engine. If you know of a few more items I would appreciate the help. Sorry about the late reply, been busy with my school.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online