Hellion's Build Thread

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Which would probably help explain the 138 mph trap....

The blower helps with 80 less cubic inches

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Which would probably help explain the 138 mph trap....

The blower helps with 80 less cubic inches

I think the 300 shot is going to help with the 80 more cubic inches . . . 8)

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Re: Hellion's Build Thread - Now in the 9's!!!

Took the car out this weekend, and got some great results.

Loaded the car up after spending all day fixing some shorted out wiring in the water pump, replacing all the rocker arms and pushrods with new units, and improving the air induction to the blower.

P1010224.jpg

Headed out to the track at about 6:30 for the last No Bull race of the season here in Albuquerque. They had gone to special measures that day and night to make sure they track prep was top notch (at least by our track's standards) and they actually did a pretty good job.

Here's the car in the pit's before it's first (and only due to time) pass.

P1010226.jpg

It was a mad dash for me to get back up to the starting line in time to see my brother make a run, as I had just made a run in my car, so I of course forgot the camera :lame: but here's the run breakdown...

did a good burnout, rolled it out under power.

staged, brought it up on the brake and launched with the wheels about 8-10 inches in the air, pulled to the left a little bit. (1.42 60ft.)

hit the limiter barely on the 1-2 shift, ran 6.32 @ 117 to the 1/8 mile. At this point I knew that if he kept in the power and kept it straight, it was going to be an amazing pass.

Well, he did just that, and tripped the clocks....

@

I nearly died. We had finally gotten into the 9's, and we did it without changing the tune on the car, or upping the boost. This run was made on only 12lbs. of non-intercooled boost. We were all psyched.

Here are some pics of the car in the pits afterwards:

P1010227.jpg

P1010232.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Dude, I can't even tell you how happy we were. It was such a frustrating day up until that point, and the weather was crappy, yada yada yada. It was a big relief, I can tell you that much. We were beginning to wonder if it was going to be able to do it at all without breaking or crashing.

So now it gets torn down as we add cage to it, add the intercooler and cog setup, and change the intake to a carb style unit. Oh, and get a firesuit and all that.

The interesting thing is this. Our 1/8 ET was 6.32. When you enter that into the formula to get a 1/4 mile time out of it (multiply it by 1.564) it equals 9.88. However, when you calculate our minimum et for the trap speed, it's 9.48. Also, when you look at the 1/8 mph, it's on par with that of a 9.40-9.50 pass. So somewhere in the front half of the track, we are losing a lot of ET it would seem.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: Hellion's Build Thread - Now in the 9's!!!

That's awsome - in the true sense of the word. Congradulations O0

When first read your post, I thought it was a countdown... then the end messed up like WTF! lol.

Hellion94 said:

@

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Update!! New Parts

Got some pics of the new parts for the car.

New intercooler, that's a gallon jug next to it.

P1010280.jpg

Inside

P1010281.jpg

Water tank to hold the ice/water that will be pumped through the intercooler

P1010283.jpg

This is our new intake manifold, It's one of John's old ones from when he used to run a 302 based engine. Should work though, he made 1,650hp with it.

P1010284.jpg

We are taking the car out one last time this weekend before we take it apart to start the upgrades and build the cage up more.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
....so your local tracks let you run a non caged car in the 10 sec. range?! here its 11.49 you need the cage.... im excited to see the build up

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's some cool parts Craig.
Where's the tank going to be mounted.

Blue Hellion is just a bad ass looking car. you see your shots in Matt's vid?
good stuff.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
....so your local tracks let you run a non caged car in the 10 sec. range?! here its 11.49 you need the cage.... im excited to see the build up

I'm not sure what you're saying here.. The blue car (the one that these parts are for, and the car this thread is about) has a 12 point TRZ cage in it. It's legal to 8.50 right now.

Dalamar said:
That's some cool parts Craig.
Where's the tank going to be mounted.

Blue Hellion is just a bad ass looking car. you see your shots in Matt's vid?
good stuff.

Thanks Dal. I haven't seen the vid yet, actually. The tank will be in the trunk, we will re-arrange it.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
haha i have noooo idea what i was thinking when i wrote my last reply lol maybe i was thinking about the yellow car or something...anyways amazing numbers man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online