Hellion's Build Thread

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that lead in KILLED me, HAHAHAHAHAHA :rollinglaugh:

I hope it's not that far of a spread, but it might be.

Honestly Hicks, his car is in a little different league than our car. His car should generate far more power than ours, and probably weighs a little bit less, but they might be close on weight.

Look at the combos:

His:

Chassis: 12 point or around there cage with a front end setup similar to an Outlaw 10.5 car, pretty much gutted interior w/aluminum dash, stock suspension w/coilovers in the front, stock style in the rear.

Engine: 427" windsor w/ World Man-O-War block, 15:1 compression, solid roller cam, Brodix heads (not sure if they are ported), large throttle body on a carb style intake, runs on alchohol, and now a 300 shot.

Ours:

Chassis: 12 point cage built into stock body and subframes, full interior (minus rear seat) w/stock dash and guages (we do have auto meter's though), stock style rear suspension with AJE K-member and coilovers in the front.

Engine: 347" 8.2" deck R302 block (made by FRPP), 8.2:1 compression, Victor Jr. heads ported by Ron Sharp, .548" lift Hydraulic Roller cam w/stock lifters (as per. NMRA rules), 75mm Throttle body (as per NMRA rules), all run through an 88mm MAF, and into a long runner Holley Systemmax intake (ported) and controlled by a piggy back EPEC computer. runs on VP C-16., and has a ProCharger F1-R with (hopefully by the time we race) 25-30 lbs of boost-non intercooled.

Just looking at those specs, I am expecting that TRUBBLE puts some car lengths on us, either way it's going to be fun.

I can't figure out why everyone thinks our car is this crazy, high dollar, 10 turbo'd beast... :dunno:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I honestly think its going to come down to who can get his car down the track on the 10.5s . . lol

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Well I'm glad it looks fast. i just hope it IS fast...

I wasn't upset or anything, I just don't know how everyone can assume you have tons of money into something, or assume it's combination and speed without ever seeing it or talking to the person who built it.

I guess I just get a little sensitive when people just assume that we threw a bunch of money at someone and said, "make it fast and pretty" There's years of work in that car, and 90% was done by me, my dad, and my brother. We built the engine (with assistance from John), we painted it, we tune it, we fabbed up almost all of the stuff on the car, that's our pride and joy. I'm sure anyone who has built a car and was proud of it can relate to the feeling when someone assumes you didn't do anything yourself.

/rant

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:

I wasn't upset or anything, I just don't know how everyone can assume you have tons of money into something, or assume it's combination and speed without ever seeing it or talking to the person who built it.

I guess I just get a little sensitive when people just assume that we threw a bunch of money at someone and said, "make it fast and pretty" There's years of work in that car, and 90% was done by me, my dad, and my brother. We built the engine (with assistance from John), we painted it, we tune it, we fabbed up almost all of the stuff on the car, that's our pride and joy. I'm sure anyone who has built a car and was proud of it can relate to the feeling when someone assumes you didn't do anything yourself.

/rant

So . . who'd ya pay to build that thing? :banana:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:

There's years of work in that car, and 90% was done by me, my dad, and my brother. We built the engine (with assistance from John), we painted it, we tune it, we fabbed up almost all of the stuff on the car, that's our pride and joy. I'm sure anyone who has built a car and was proud of it can relate to the feeling when someone assumes you didn't do anything yourself.

I hear ya, and agree :)

Group hug :bunny3:

Hicks

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:

/rant

Hek i wished i could build a engine
We had to give up and let somone else build mine before we screwed mine up.
So i understand the knowledge and hard work that u need.

I thoguht i heard someone say this car was like a 7 second car = why i thought it was going to walk Trubble,

I'll tell you this, enything thats under 13's is realy fast lol
>Me< wasnt trying to be a prick or enything.

U know how much i love your car enyway man. :banana:

Hicks

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Hellion94 said:

There's years of work in that car, and 90% was done by me, my dad, and my brother. We built the engine (with assistance from John), we painted it, we tune it, we fabbed up almost all of the stuff on the car, that's our pride and joy. I'm sure anyone who has built a car and was proud of it can relate to the feeling when someone assumes you didn't do anything yourself.

I hear ya, and agree :)

Group hug :bunny3:

*Hugs*

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hicks said:
TRUUBLE said:
Nice write-up!! O0

I wonder if they'll write anything about our upcoming showdown? :pimp2:

I'll give them the lead in:

"The long anticipated 'Duel in the Desert' between Craig Berry's Procharged Renegade 94 coupe and Tad Woods' nitrous sniffing, alcohol powered 95 vert finally went down at Speedworld Motorplex in Surprise, Arizona. The race ended up more like a clinic as Woods repeatedly spanked Berry like an errant child. Let's just say that Berry got a very nice view of Woods' chute deployment technique.

After the best of five race (which Woods won convincingly by putting Berry on the trailer in three) Berry was quoted as saying: 'Well . . . it's hard to compete with that many cubes on spray and Alky. I've said before I thought he would edge me out. I just didn't expect it to be this bad.'

Woods ran a best of 8.62 at 167 to Berry's 9.21 at 148."

lol, yet u run low 10's ????? jkjk
^_^

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: that was pretty good Hicks ;D. I had lost track of this thread a long way back, Hellion you guys are doing a great job on your car as well as Tad on his. Im sure you guys are, but I want to reiterate to anybody looking at this thread that safety is #1 when it comes to racing, and anybody who says other wise is a DUMB SHIT :nonono:. My speed shop owner got out of it a couple years back, he use to run heavy here in the Carolinas for a long time. He had just gotten a new engine from California that he had built by some BIG name shop out there. 30k Windsor with multiple stages of NOS setup in the car to run upper 7's in the quarter. The car wound up being sold to a outfit near Raleigh NC ( I'm not naming any names ), and this was the outcome of that sale.........

budwreck2.jpg

budwreck1.jpg

this was rather lucky because as I recall this happend shortly after the launch so the car didnt even get to the 330ft mark, its really a shame because Anderson owned this car for I would guess 15-20 years :dunno: it was like Tads car........a street car before it was made strip only. It had never even grazed a wall with the original owner and then it passes to somebody else and the FIRST time at the track its history. I know this could happen to anybody at anytime, BUT THERE were certain circumstances here that I'm not going to get into, but I will say that there was a know issue with the car on the first test run done on this track day and they CONTINUED to make more passes :nonono: and it ended up like this. And that brings me back to safety, be sure to have all the necessary safety features in your car and go above and beyond on whats " required " by the track your at........you can never have TOO MUCH safety equipment. Thats how this car was built with priority #1 being driver safety, and thats why the driver walked away from this mess without a lost step. This could have been a lot worse other than just the front end of the car :(

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Hicks said:
Hellion94 said:

/rant

I thoguht i heard someone say this car was like a 7 second car = why i thought it was going to walk Trubble,

I know that much Hicks, I wasn't accusing you of being a prick. We've talked at length about this car, your cars, and all that stuff, I know you're good people. Recently we've just been catching a lot of sh*t from people, not necessarily on this board, but there have been little instances. I wasn't really directing the rant at anyone in particular, so I'm really sorry if you thought I was upset with you, I apologize.

Hicks

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Hicks said:
Hellion94 said:

/rant

I know that much Hicks, I wasn't accusing you of being a prick. We've talked at length about this car, your cars, and all that stuff, I know you're good people. Recently we've just been catching a lot of sh*t from people, not necessarily on this board, but there have been little instances. I wasn't really directing the rant at anyone in particular, so I'm really sorry if you thought I was upset with you, I apologize.

Naw man, ur fine. I just didn't wanna seem like a but

So... Yall 2 tell me.
Which one of your cars is so fast, it could Hang somone from a dead stop?

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Re: Hellion's Build Thread (went to the track)

Took the car out for the first time on Saturday.

Here's the rundown:

Got to the track at about 8:00

Got teched in, and got everything set up (generator, fan, batt. charger, etc..)

Decided to make a pass, brother drove to the lanes, we pushed him around

Go to start the car to make it's first ever pass, and it blows the fuse to the switch panel, so I run to the trailer and grab a new fuse and run back

Replace the fuse, start the car, and my dad pulls my brother through the water to start the burnout. Lin Loc doesn't hold very well, Brian (my brother) just stabs the throttle to get the tires spinning some. Stages the car and brings it up on the brake at about 1/2 throttle. Lauches the car and it spins (the suspension was set totally tight, and the tires were @ 15psi, so there was no real weight transfer) car keeps spinning a little, but is accelerating nicely, shuts the car off at the 330' mark.

Get the car back to the pit, and it's really hot, like 240 degrees. Put the fan and the charger on it, and start checking out the time slip. The car pulled a 1.557 60' at half throttle and while spinning. That's 3 tenths of a second off of the NMRA Renegade record 60'. So that's pretty cool. Car also went 7.70 to the eighth after coasting from the 330' mark. So it's got some potential.

So being pretty excited, we start preparing for another hit. We take 4lbs. of pressure out of the rears and take a turn out of the struts to loosen them up. It's then that we notice the heads are still REALLY hot. so we decided to cycle the water through it with the pump and fan on to cool the motor off. hit the power, flip the switches and the fan starts spinning away, but there's an odd silence. Water pump isn't working. That's why it had gotten so hot. We mess with it for about 10 minutes and determine that it's something internal with the pump and decide to pack it up for the night. :rant:

Upon loading it we notice some oil on the ground, turns out it engine oil, look under the car, and the headers are pretty well coated, so we've got a leak somewhere (hoping that it's a valve cover).

All in all it was an exciting night and the car looks like it's going to be very fast. The best 60' we pulled in the white car was a 1.46, and that was on the 10.46 pass, at full power, with a well prepped track and lots of chassis tuning, so this car looks pretty good at this point. Other good news is it went straight and was very easy to control.

More updates next weekend.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
So, since I haven't done this yet, I will post up some "finished" pictures of the car as it sits right now, just went out and took these.

Enjoy.

Ahh, finished...

P1010095.jpg

Sits nice

P1010097.jpg

Reppin' the ProCharger powa!

P1010104.jpg

Motor shot.

P1010098.jpg

battery charging posts in the fuel filler door.

P1010099.jpg

Finished Trunk area

P1010100.jpg

Finished interior

P1010101.jpg

shot looking at the back seat area

P1010102.jpg

Renegade number 4570...

P1010103.jpg

Looks pretty mean

P1010105.jpg

That's all for now. I'm taking the camera to the track tom. when we go to get some shots of the car in the sun and makin some runs.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
It looks killer, Craig. Really nice work that you should be very proud of.

I can't wait to line em up! :pimp2:

firstonraceday

Reaction score
looks killer! Why did you run the piping the way you did it seems like it would have been easier if you would have flipped the intake??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online