help me decide how much to sell my car for....

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
understood that :thumb: I'm free of debt myself ( one of the BIG reasons I decided to move on my in-laws land, to keep from having a lean on a piece of land ) my wife has a truck payment, but thats in her name not mine. I will have a small loan on mine when I get it, but I'm going to do a 12 month loan on whatever is left after I put down a LARGE downpayment. I cant wait, the house should be moved this week, thats the first big thing to get done and out of the way so I can go shopping for my L :dancing6:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
honestly scarface what i would do is put the stang in forums/classifieds and see if ya get any bites. It isnt going to hurt anything if no one buys it. Id get a lightning in a heart beat if i could get close to the same $$ i payed for the stang. Well actually i would need to check insurance on it first cuz the stang is already almost 200 a month so i imagine a lightning would be quite a bit more :eek: . I wouldnt bother painting it if you are selling it cuz that is just 2k more that you wont get back. Its not going to be easy to find the right person to buy your car but you might. The reason mods dont add much to the value of the car is because would you rather spend more money on a car that has been modded and you do not know the shape of the work/parts or would you spend less and get a stock or close to stock car that has less of a chance of having shotty work done to it and put the money towards mods? I know i overpayed for my car but it didnt have much of a choice. There was someone else interested in it(aparently a "regular" customer) and there was a big fiasco between the owner and the salesman who had the rights to it. The salesman won the battle and i got the car.

There is an dsg (i think it is dsg i dunno if they had it for 01 cobras or not but its close to it) 01 cobra that has a cobra r hood, looks mint and doesnt appear the motor has been touched for sale 2hrs away from me. They want 14k for it. i have been drooling over it for awhile now. Wish it was around before i got my car id jump on it in a heart beat. Everyone is talking about getting new cars and selling there old ones and now it is making me think about it lol. Maybe my mind will change when i get the n2o :) There is also a dsg 03 mach 1 for 17k :noes:. Man i love DSG more than DFG i think ???

Look @ that mean SOB (needs the antenna cut down for sure lol)
828927_1218172_640.jpg

Also i dont like the red l's at all. I dunno why i just think its the worst color they come in. (get a white one then you can call it "white lightning" ;D)

OP
OP
S

scarface

Snakebit said:
understood that :thumb: I'm free of debt myself ( one of the BIG reasons I decided to move on my in-laws land, to keep from having a lean on a piece of land ) my wife has a truck payment, but thats in her name not mine. I will have a small loan on mine when I get it, but I'm going to do a 12 month loan on whatever is left after I put down a LARGE downpayment. I cant wait, the house should be moved this week, thats the first big thing to get done and out of the way so I can go shopping for my L :dancing6:
we had some renters we had to evict .Before they left they did 6k worth of damage to it. So we took a equity loan to cover the damages, and fix it up to sell it. so we have the debt of the house and and the equity loan. I want to get rid of those before I jump into another loan. I also want to get the stang sold, so then I know how much I need and can spend....I want one, but there is no need to kill myself to get it right now.
MeanGrn Gt said:
honestly scarface what i would do is put the stang in forums/classifieds ......
I will pop it up and see what happens....OH, and I would pretty much like to have any color L :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mines going to be BLACK / WHITE / or one of the two BLUES either TRUE BLUE or SONIC BLUE ( thats on the 03-04's )

I have been on NLOC for a long time and im still not sure on what im going to do with it............KB / WHIPPLE / or ported eaton :-\

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
I would be happy with a stock one for a while.

oh no dobut, but I have some issues with a old buddy here that has a 91GT ( ::) ) and is too cocky, I want to give him a reality check with a 4600lb truck. ;)

OP
OP
S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:
I would be happy with a stock one for a while.

oh no dobut, but I have some issues with a old buddy here that has a 91GT ( ::) ) and is too cocky, I want to give him a reality check with a 4600lb truck. ;)
nice!

OP
OP
S

scarface

I have just sent an email to my old tuner Ed Clark...I found out he doesnt work at Steen anymore, so I hope we can work something out. I am going to get the paint sprayed very soon I think, and work on getting it retuned. Maybe one of the rednecks in my town might buy it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
I have just sent an email to my old tuner Ed Clark...I found out he doesnt work at Steen anymore, so I hope we can work something out. I am going to get the paint sprayed very soon I think, and work on getting it retuned. Maybe one of the rednecks in my town might buy it.
it wont hurt to put out the word,........you never know who might have the money and want it :dunno: you could sell it tomorrow............or not until December :-\

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
On the lightning blowers, I like the sound of the ported eaton best. :pimp2:

Whipple is nice too, but the whine is lower pitched.

The L is nice. If I didn't have 2 kids, I'd have one instead of my F150 - gotta have the back seat.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
95KBGT said:
scarface said:
95KBGT said:
scarface said:
well let me know Bob.
Fets said:
So if you sell your car...then what? Another stang?
nope a truck.
:eek:utofcloset:
I bet you wont say that if I get it :)
:blah2: :blah2: :eek:utofcloset: :eek:utofcloset: :rollinglaugh:

dont talk so soon Paul...........im betting his " new truck" will put a red stripe down the green blur thats not a knock on you, hell it might put a stripe down the side of my Cobra :( I have the inside inside info on it >:D
eh i dunno. i saw a slightly modified WS6 beat a Ported Eaton Lightning by a car or so.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Snakebit said:
95KBGT said:
scarface said:
95KBGT said:
scarface said:
well let me know Bob.
Fets said:
So if you sell your car...then what? Another stang?
nope a truck.
:eek:utofcloset:
I bet you wont say that if I get it :)
:blah2: :blah2: :eek:utofcloset: :eek:utofcloset: :rollinglaugh:

dont talk so soon Paul...........im betting his " new truck" will put a red stripe down the green blur thats not a knock on you, hell it might put a stripe down the side of my Cobra :( I have the inside inside info on it >:D
eh i dunno. i saw a slightly modified WS6 beat a Ported Eaton Lightning by a car or so.

all I can tell you is most L's run 12's with hardly any thing on them. 7's in the 1/8th are super easy ^-^ the run your talking about must have been a quarter and from there, the L's do super up to the top end of the quarter mile but after that the drag on them takes over and they don't move as quick. They have the aerodynamics of a brick.

check out this time slip database it shows the times and the mods that got them there.......

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?t=30328

OP
OP
S

scarface

Dalamar said:
On the lightning blowers, I like the sound of the ported eaton best. :pimp2:

Whipple is nice too, but the whine is lower pitched.

The L is nice. If I didn't have 2 kids, I'd have one instead of my F150 - gotta have the back seat.
Ive got 4 lil rugrats, and one on the way :) this will be a garage queen with some possible weekend duty....I want it now, however I have things to take care of first, and I will not get rid of a quick PAID FOR stang at a huge loss to get it.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
well, this may be the end of a dream of getting my next vehicle. I have 17k in the car, so there is no way in the world I could take a 10k loss....I know I would take a loss, but I really have no interest in selling it bad enough to let it got for 7-8k.

Thanks for the reality check guys....Ill go polish my wheels now...:(

I feel ypur pain in selling the car. I have been trying to sell my 68GT so I could finnish my 66 Coup. I have gotten about 8-10 bites on the car, but nobody wants to give me what I need. I tell these people the price, and send them a couple pages of pics. Then they always say man that is a great body and that shit, then they offer me between 8k-12k for the car. So I tell them I need 15k or I am not selling, and never hear back. So I still have the car. Selling this car was a hard decision to make for me, I have had it for 20 years. But I don't see it getting done in the near future, and my 66 Coup is close to being done. So for now I figure if it sells it sells, If not I still have the car.

The moral of the story is, put your car up for sale for what you need and take nothing less than that number. If it sell you buy the lightning, If it don't you still have the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online