Help me wire an electric fan

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
We all have a secret we don't wanna admit, mine is I have no clue about wiring anything (in vehicular form) aside from CD players and speakers. However I do electrical work for a living so I'm familiar with it all, just never applied it to this application.

So, on my 93 F-150 I'm changing from clutch fan to an electric fan setup. Already have the fan installed in the truck. I don't have a fan controller or special thermostat for it, if it's recommended I have no problem with getting one. I don't really want it to run at all times (anytime the key is on), I would rather be able to turn it on and off when I want to via a toggle switch, or possibly at a set temperature (requiring a fan controller). So with that being said, if it were you, which route would you go?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Id buy a temp control kit for ease of installation. My buddy put an electric fan in his 87 grand marquis and he wired it to a toggle switch. I dont like that because what if he forgets to turn it on, so I dont like that idea. Do your homework on which kits are good and which are crap and it would be a good idea to wire in a temp gauge so you could check the exact temp yourself.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Wire in a temp control...either fixed (non adjustable) with the right setting or an adjustable one...make sure you can bypass it when you want/need to...and a Temp gauge to monitor it with...all easily done if you have basic wiring knowledge & it seems you do!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online