homemade cold air induction

OP
OP
F

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
cobra4978 said:
first home made one that i've seen that looks good. I bet the PVC helps keep the air much cooler than a normal CAI would too! nice work man!

thanks for the compliment. it turned a little better than i expected. i am hoping the pvc keeps the air cooler than the aluminum. i got the thickest pvc i could find.

96 blue moon

Reaction score
That looks really nice. I like when people come up with their own ideas. Great job!

OP
OP
F

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
thanks, me too. i like to see different things done to cars sometimes as long as it is not way way over the top.

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Yeah, Me too! Just wondering did you use PVC cement where the two pipes join together or did you just press them in tightly together incase you had to remove them in the future?

mustangspartan

Reaction score
Yah man looks amazing.. Would be kool if you showed how it was done so we all could try.. :santa_grin: have you checked how warm it gets after a run compaired to your stock one???

scott5

Reaction score
looks good, i am going to try to get mine like a power pipe and fit it in the hole closest to the strut

OP
OP
F

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
its pretty simple actually. not really much different then putting a mac or bbk cai. only you have to cut the pvc to length.

i know that the pvc doesnt get very hot while driving but i dont have any way to check the air tempature without a tuner and i dont have a tuner.

blackgt4.6

Reaction score
is it pvc or abs plastic? because I am not sure if you know this or not but when pvc is heated it puts of toxic fumes which would go into your car. but it looks cool.

mustangspartan

Reaction score
Why would the fumes matter to much i think thats more for human health...lol..youd be a real killer on the street..lol...that was lame

blackgt4.6

Reaction score
mustangspartan said:
Why would the fumes matter to much i think thats more for human health...lol..youd be a real killer on the street..lol...that was lame
It will matter because it will come into your car. Have you ever spilled oil on your engine and smelled it in your car? same idea but deadly.

mustangspartan

Reaction score
If you spilt something it would be burning in the enginge bay and coming threw the vents.. If at all any i think you would need to have higher temps and those toxins would be from burning the pipe not from getting it warm.

blackgt4.6

Reaction score
its starts releasing chlorine gas at about 275 degrees. so it can definitely get hot enough sitting above an exhaust pipe that is 1400 degrees. But its not my car and I am not breathing it.

OP
OP
F

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
it is i believe 1/4 inch pvc. its pretty thick. its also got 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of 500 degree silver engine paint on it too. it doesnt get very warm, definitely not as warm as the aluminum one i had before. i see what your saying though, i dont think it will be a problem however if i start to smell it i will replace it.

blackgt4.6

Reaction score
I was just trying to let you know. You did a good job on it but I didn't want to see anybody get sick or die lol. I don't believe you can really smell chlorine gas but not sure. good luck and be safe.

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
looks good. i just hope you saved all your stock parts for when inspection comes around. theres no way that thing is gonna pass inspection.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online