homemade cold air induction

cntchds

Reaction score
blackgt4.6 said:
I was just trying to let you know. You did a good job on it but I didn't want to see anybody get sick or die lol. I don't believe you can really smell chlorine gas but not sure. good luck and be safe.
Can't smell chlorine gas? Have you never been neat a hotel pool? :p
It's fairly easy to smell, and I'm sure it would be very distinct if it started smelling like a swimming pool in your car.

Looks great, I'm gonna have to try something like this eventually.

Downshift

Reaction score
Nice! I always wanted to know what a fox style set up would be with a SN95 TB. I thought about doing that. Nice work on the intake. When I switched to a fox body TB. I used my SN95 Mac CAI and just bought an elbow and flipped the top portion around. I couldn't believe how perfect it fit haha.

OP
OP
F

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
i wasnt trying to be a smartass. i appreciate your concern and you brought up a good point.

i moved my old aluminum cai around when i removed my elbow but it looked tacky to me. i had the filter in the engine compartment at the time and wanted to eventually. i have all of the parts i have ever pulled off my car for that reason :santa_afro:

Downshift

Reaction score
blackgt4.6 said:
its starts releasing chlorine gas at about 275 degrees. so it can definitely get hot enough sitting above an exhaust pipe that is 1400 degrees. But its not my car and I am not breathing it.

Im pretty sure the headers dont get 1400 degrees though. If they were that hot the spark plug wires would be toasted after a few minutes of driving. Didnt know that about pvc pipe though...

02GT

Reaction score
Thanks for the inspiration, Now I am going to build my own CAI for my 01 six banger haha

OP
OP
F

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
right on. if you need some suggestions or help, take some pics and send them to me, i will see if i can help you out

blackgt4.6

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
blackgt4.6 said:
its starts releasing chlorine gas at about 275 degrees. so it can definitely get hot enough sitting above an exhaust pipe that is 1400 degrees. But its not my car and I am not breathing it.

Im pretty sure the headers dont get 1400 degrees though. If they were that hot the spark plug wires would be toasted after a few minutes of driving. Didnt know that about pvc pipe though...
Even if the headers don't get 1400 degrees they get well over 275.

OP
OP
F

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
as of right now when i have checked the temp, it was cool enough to touch by hand, it felt to be about 70 to 80 degrees after driving for a few hours around town.

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
I'm planning on making one for my g/f's 97 3.8. If I need any help I'll be sure to ask for it from YOU! lol, Great job!

Passenger

Reaction score
Made one a month or two ago because of this thread. I already had the drill bits, and the paint/primer. All-in-all I spent $9 on 2ft of 3" ID pipe, a 3" ID 45* bend, and some Goop, lol.

100_5738.jpg

ripper

Reaction score
Nice job bro. I have seen some real clusterfuk cai's on the boards lol. Make you wanna puke. You did an outstanding job. We did mine in aluminum and spent hours welding and fitting. Plastic actually stays cooler than anything.

Good Job :thumb:

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
You've got me sold on this setup. I will be looking into doing this, I love my JLT but its the ram air kit and I know MPG and power would be better if MAF & Filter in the fender well.

Looks good guys!!!

OP
OP
F

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
after i moved the mass air meter in the fenderwell my car did definitely idle better.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice.

Everyone did custom stuff for intakes on the Bronco forums I used to hang out on, but not many people have done much here.
I plan on buying the cheap CAI kit and I'm gonna see if i can coat the pipe in something to make it heat resistent. Dunno how it'll work though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online