horrible thing happened today

S

scarface

dont assume anything when it comes to insurance...if they say no, bug them till they say yes. Thats how it works. THey dont want to pay for anything if they dont have to.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
ill get my dad to give them a call when im with him so i can talk to them as well. or we can go up there

If i were you i'd go up there, its much easier to say no over the phone.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
ok i guess ill have to get my mom then cuz my dad wont go with me, i doubt i can do it myself seeing the car is in my dads name under his insurance

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
ok i guess ill have to get my mom then cuz my dad wont go with me, i doubt i can do it myself seeing the car is in my dads name under his insurance

Lol, why wont he go? ???

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
If you have collision coverage, you're covered. Not even debatable.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
so what do i do?

Call your insurance company and tell them what happened. They'll tell you to get an estimate and then cut you a check minus your deductible.

If you look at your policy, there will be a definition of "collision." Policy language varies a little in this area, but not enough that this collision would not be covered. You just need to be sure that you explain the incident to your agent/adjuster in a way that it's clear it wasn't your fault and that, had you not hit the object, there likely would have been more damage to your car and likely others' cars. You don't want your rates goin up.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
how much you think i will get? and how much you think the deductible will be?

Your deductible is printed on your insurance card. It's probably between $500 and $1,000. You need to take the car to a good shop that will give you the right estimate to make sure everything gets fixed right.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
ima have to pay THAT much money? guess i cant then, i dont have that much

No . . lol. They will DEDUCT that much money from the check they give you. Say the damage is $1,200 and your deductible is $500. They would send you a check for $700.

Get it?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
ohhh
but then how could i fix my car if i didnt have enough money to??

You'll have more to fix it than you have now . . . right?

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
my96gtstang said:
ohhh
but then how could i fix my car if i didnt have enough money to??

You'll have more to fix it than you have now . . . right?

true..... i guess thats a good way to think about it.... i wonder if i will be able to get a new tranny. it has 130xxx miles on it and it looked like the sway bar cracked the bottom of the tranny, i dont care if they give me a stock auto tranny again, id take it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online