how do I know if my car is a GTS or plain GT or something?

fordguysmith

Reaction score
I got what I thought was a '94 GT red w/red and black interior. I got the title out the other day so I can get it changed from salvage to rebuilt. It says 1994 Ford Mustang GT/GTS. Does that mean the car is a GTS? And what are those? Just wondering if it is rare or anything...

Suspect

Reaction score
do u have power chair/windows? no wing or holes on ur trunk? no ac maybe. the gts came with less stuff. more for racing?! :dunno: maybe some owners can jump in here and help me out.

scootin95gts

Reaction score
Yah i got a gts and it basically came with your t-5,no pwr windows,locks,spoiler and probably more but thats all i know of

OP
OP
F

fordguysmith

Reaction score
well i got an auto and all the power stuff, but why do you think the title says GT/GTS?

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
because either a gt or a gts would be the same insurance, both the same mustang body, same motor, power windows and locks shouldn't
change your payment, all insurance sees is a ford mustang with a 5.0 under the hood. it says the same thing on my insurance card
(gt/gts) if you think it might be you could get the carfax report on your car and see for sure. O0

cobra4978

Reaction score
I tried the same thing with mine got the car fax report and it said the same GT/GTS i think they just all say that because mine resemnbles a GTS in no way at all it's got all the options.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im sure if you got the CD player, and the tape player, its the GT.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
k scratch that. Wouldnt it say if it was a GTS or GT in the door where the VIN is

The Green GT

Reaction score
The only way to tell 100% if you have a GTS is to see if you have ABS. You could get leather seats, spoilers, CD players, etc as options on a GTS. ABS was the only thing you could not get.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
The Green GT said:
The only way to tell 100% if you have a GTS is to see if you have ABS. You could get leather seats, spoilers, CD players, etc as options on a GTS. ABS was the only thing you could not get.

Best way to tell is drive on some gravel road than hit the brakes hard :rollinglaugh: or just drive the car on slush and snow than try to stop.

cobra4978

Reaction score
lol nice well i think i did have ABS since my ABS light stays on all the time i think its been dissabled and in the door frame it says GT2

Hicks

Reaction score
cobra4978 said:
lol nice well i think i did have ABS since my ABS light stays on all the time i think its been dissabled and in the door frame it says GT2

I studied this a while back, and the symbol's on the GT have a small little sighn at the bottum that says *GTS*

Tis true :p
i think lol

ylw95gts

Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
ylw95gts said:
first off, if it's a 94 it is not a GTS because that was only in 1995. Also read up about the GTS here:

http://www.quannet.org/corey/gtsinfo.html

everything you need to know :thumb:

if it was ONLY in 1995.. then how come i have a 1996 GTS ?

It is my understanding by the article, and a direct quote "Ford did away with the GTS designation in 1996, replacing it with the 248A package."

cobra4978

Reaction score
yeah forgot about it only being a 95 thing so if you really have a 96 GTS does that mean it's woth more?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
Thomas_W said:
ylw95gts said:
first off, if it's a 94 it is not a GTS because that was only in 1995. Also read up about the GTS here:

http://www.quannet.org/corey/gtsinfo.html

everything you need to know :thumb:

if it was ONLY in 1995.. then how come i have a 1996 GTS ?

It is my understanding by the article, and a direct quote "Ford did away with the GTS designation in 1996, replacing it with the 248A package."

i've had numerous ford employee's and dealership representatives tell me my car was a GTS model.. so maybe we are all stupid? idk..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online