How much did you spend on exhaust?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Exhaust manifolds are usually made from cast iron, and are big, bulky, and not designed for optimum flow. Headers are normally tube steel with a separate tube from each exhaust port to a common collector, this arrangement helps with flow, and scavenging, thus helping the engine to produce more power.

It's just a pet-peeve of mine when manifolds are called headers when they're really completely different.
My pet peeve is when a Honda/4cyl guy says he put "headers" on his car. It's only got one head!

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My pet peeve is when a Honda/4cyl guy says he put "headers" on his car. It's only got one head!

Lol, Yes! I hear that constantly from my import buddies and I'm like "what, you got the other half of your engine in the trunk?"

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
BBK Ceramic Longtube Headers & BBK Catted Midpipe = $500
Bassani Stainless Steel Catback = $750ish
Total = $1,250ish (not including labor)

Win

Legend
Reaction score
60 bucks for Mac headers....
75 Bucks Bassani X
100 bucks Bassani BX race Catback
100 bucks saleen heritage muffler
80 bucks weld in for saleen
+100 for selling bassani bx mufflers

total 315 bucks

you guys need to shop around

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
TanTop i was just kidding around. Don't our cars technically have tubular manifolds? They definitely don't come with typical manifolds, hence the term shorty headers. I think shorty headers really describes them well but if you want to be technical and say there are only manifolds and headers, then I guess they have to be manifolds.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
They are factory headers and not manifolds.... Older ones had cast style manifolds

TanTop94

Reaction score
TanTop i was just kidding around. Don't our cars technically have tubular manifolds? They definitely don't come with typical manifolds, hence the term shorty headers. I think shorty headers really describes them well but if you want to be technical and say there are only manifolds and headers, then I guess they have to be manifolds.

I know man its all good:) our damn cars at stock just cant make up their minds lol.

They are factory headers and not manifolds.... Older ones had cast style manifolds

Hmm...I like where this guy is going:eek:

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
They're still junk and it's only on 5.0 based motors not modular nonsense

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I paid $120 for my Ford motorsport headers,
My BBK x-pipe came off my dads old sn95 project,
and the side exhaust I've had since my first car so only $120 dollars total lol.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Bbk o/r x-pipe- came on car
Mac catback- came on car, sold for $250
Steeda/borla cat back- free Craiglist score

So I've made $250 on my exhaust lol

I paid $120 for my Ford motorsport headers,
My BBK x-pipe came off my dads old sn95 project,
and the side exhaust I've had since my first car so only $120 dollars total lol.

Exactly i I don't see how people spend so much...

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Its the labor they pay to get their catbacks welded together and some like to buy the new expensive x or h pipes.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Its the labor they pay to get their catbacks welded together and some like to buy the new expensive x or h pipes.

There is no difference in a used X vs a new X or H or catbacks and so forth.... unless it was beat to crap by someone who didn't care.... The labor people pay is ridiculous these days.

99% of us have local forums were on on top of this forum. Many local guys like to help out fellow car enthusiast.

So you people paying these absurd amounts for labor.... Well we'll leave it at that.

Mr.Eman

Reaction score
Bassani Cat Back $410
Bassani X Pipe w/Cats $359
Bassani Mid-Length Headers $519

$1288 all told

This replaced the Flowmaster cat-back that was on the car when I bought it. My girlfriend was concerned it wouldn't "growl" anymore.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Not sure but I'm thinking anywhere between $50 and $300 I will check back when I get it built and installed. But I bet 4" will sound rather good :director:
Smiley%2088.gif

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
There is no difference in a used X vs a new X or H or catbacks and so forth.... unless it was beat to crap by someone who didn't care.... The labor people pay is ridiculous these days.

99% of us have local forums were on on top of this forum. Many local guys like to help out fellow car enthusiast.

So you people paying these absurd amounts for labor.... Well we'll leave it at that.

Not 100% true. My SLP's and previous muffs got louder the older they got,as well as my buddies magna flows......

95RedGt

Reaction score
Headers 125
Bbk Hpipe free
Flow maser 40 knock offs. 60
Mac tails 180

For those unsure of the difference of manifolds and headers just call them manifeaders.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
I see a lot of people buying things more than once. Interesting.

SLP LM2 Catback - 463.45
SLP catted X-pipe - 395.95
Catless Pipe(used but new) - 50.00
No Labor
Total = 909.40

now all of that would cost over 1k and they dont even make the catless pipes anymore. lolz

Hopefully soon you can add like 400 for BBK LTs.. But again no labor lol

Great thing is that the SLP midpipe fits stock manifolds and LTs, both with and without cats. So currently it has no cats on it.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've installed 4 different catbacks, 4 midpipes and two different headers, i only totaled up my current setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online