how much is it worth?

5.0kid

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'm wondering how much I should ask for my car next spring since I'm going to have to get a "nicer" car for going out in the business world as my dad says. I love the car, just need something a little different. anyway here are the specs:

1995 mustang gt bright blue 5 speed 160k on body
slight hail damage to rear quarter pannel and roof (might get it fixed before not sure if its worth fixing)

engine:
347 eagle/kb stroker balanced and blueprinted- will maybe have 1000 miles on when sold (just rebuilt last week)
stock roller block
10.1 compression
ported and polished windsor sr heads (flow better than afr 185s have flow sheets)
ported holley systemax II intake
30lb injectors
75mm bbk throttle body and spacer (fox style set up)
75mm polished pro-m maf meter
custom bullet hydraulic cam (a lot like the xfi stroker cams)
will be dyno tuned with sct chip in the next month, should be about 360 rwhp

tranny:
3k miles on rebuild
stock shiter (i know i know, should have switched it out...)

other:
3.73 rear gears
255lph walbro fuel pump
bbk shorty headers
bbk offroad h pipe
flowmasters
tubular lower control arms
vogtland progressive rate springs
was told shocks and struts replaced around 120k miles
tint all the way around
bullit rims and stock rims (summer tires on bullit, winter on stock)
new windshield
paint is in pretty good condition besides the two mentioned hail spots

anyway this is NOT a for sale add which is why im posting here since you guys all know 5.0s. I'm just wondering what I should ask and if I should go ahead and fix the damage and get a paint job before selling. What do you guys think? Its around the KC area in Johnson County which is a pretty good off place so prices of cars are on the higher side. Thanks!!!

BLOWN 95GT

Reaction score
Well to start you out Im going to go ahead and say that your car is only worth what someone will pay for it, and you will never get all of your money out of it when you sell it. But as long as the engine bay is clean no leaks, and the interior is clean, and the paint job is good maybe $7500 to $8000 just depends. Post some pics of it if you want a better answer.

MustangMoser

Reaction score
5.0kid said:
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'm wondering how much I should ask for my car next spring since I'm going to have to get a "nicer" car for going out in the business world as my dad says. I love the car, just need something a little different.

screw that, you want to stand out.

OP
OP

5.0kid

Reaction score
it will most likely get a new paint job and a pair of summit racing seats for the interior, the rest of the interior is in pretty good shape, minus the outer steering wheel (have cover) and a small rip on the dash. most stock gt's go for around 4500 if they are in ok shape around me...i know i wont get how much i have put into it back, i'm just wondering. Of course I may end up keeping it after the paint job and seats but for the right price i'll sell

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think all those numbers are inflated. I don't know that I would pay that much for a stock 15 yr old mustang and you never make your money back on performance parts since you do not know if that 1000 miles was highway, track, or just made the heck up......

anyway around it no matter what you get for the car you will loose money. Why not keep it and get that little crap fixed as it sounds like you have a great motor in there, but only you will appreciate it enough to pay what you did for it all so far.

OP
OP

5.0kid

Reaction score
Dont have any pics right now cause the motor is being rebuilt since the lifters came apart. Switched to a roller block so I wont have that problem this time. And ttocs, as I said, I know I wont get nearly what i've invested back I'm just wanting to try to get some info to see what price I should start it on craigslist at next spring after the paint job. Just a rough estimate...I have proof of all the machine work being done right now and will be taking a picture of the engine going into the car from inside the car to show the odometer also. I would love to keep it, I'm just going to need something newer and more appropriate for my business. I'm looking into a 2003 or 2004 infiniti g35 coupe six speed as the next car if I can get the money by the end of next summer.

o and by the way, my friend has a stock 89 gt that he is selling for 4000, but just got offered 5000, he'll be selling it this week. all that car had aftermarket was a new paintjob and a shaker hood, the interior wasn't in that great of shape either, worse than mine.

BLOWN 95GT

Reaction score
5.0kid said:
Dont have any pics right now cause the motor is being rebuilt since the lifters came apart. Switched to a roller block so I wont have that problem this time. And ttocs, as I said, I know I wont get nearly what i've invested back I'm just wanting to try to get some info to see what price I should start it on craigslist at next spring after the paint job. Just a rough estimate...I have proof of all the machine work being done right now and will be taking a picture of the engine going into the car from inside the car to show the odometer also. I would love to keep it, I'm just going to need something newer and more appropriate for my business. I'm looking into a 2003 or 2004 infiniti g35 coupe six speed as the next car if I can get the money by the end of next summer.

o and by the way, my friend has a stock 89 gt that he is selling for 4000, but just got offered 5000, he'll be selling it this week. all that car had aftermarket was a new paintjob and a shaker hood, the interior wasn't in that great of shape either, worse than mine.
9 times out of 10 a stock foxbody mustang will bring more money than a stock 94-95

MustangMoser

Reaction score
depends on how nice the fox is. Theres just not as big a market for the 94-95s.

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to say you'll get about 5-6k for it tops if the car looks good.

Modifications don't mean squat in terms of selling price. You can ask a little more with big stuff like blowers and of course I'm bumping the price because it's a stroker, but for the most part, people don't want super built cars. If they do, they'd usually rather build them themselves OR they want reciepts for ever nut and bolt turned not just "Me and my dad did it last summer" sorta deals.

OP
OP

5.0kid

Reaction score
well if I only get 5k for it ill just keep it and get some cheap car for business type stuff. I paid 4200 which is very reasonable in my area for it. I'm just asking and thanks for all the input! I'm really thinking more and more that I should just keep it since it's been my "baby" for the last two years and I know I can't get anywhere near as much as I put into it. I could get something like an 03 tiburon or a 2000 prelude for under 5k and use that as my car to drive to work and stuff. I was just wondering if there was a way to make it worth about 8k, if I sold it for 7500 i'd be happy

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Dude... Read my thread about selling my car.

Your better off just getting a Cheap DD. Thats what I decided....

OP
OP

5.0kid

Reaction score
CanaryGT thanks for posting that! I read through your thread and it seams a lot like what i'm going through. I've just been soo pissed at this car since I keep on having shit happen to it that I can't prevent (like the lifters coming apart). I think I'll be able to get about 4k by the end of next summer then junior year i'll look at some lower priced cars, and have this one as my fun car. I guess I dont need a g35 or a 350z or something like that if I already have my sports car. I can just get an rsx, tiburon, scion tc or something of that sort that is still sporty looking and will be reliable...
the hard part will be to save the money and not put it back into the stang though :tongue3:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConnorBlue4Mustang

Members online