How much money have you spent on your mustang ????

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
There are 2 hanging file folders in the office, one labeled 'cobra' and one labeled 'gt'.......once a car is done i may add up the reciepts. If I add them up before that, I'll binge drink.

nightfire

Reaction score
About $15K. I try not to think about it for it depresses me a little :(

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol I love this thread . It sucks when you think about it but I sure as hell don't mind spending more

alex302

Reaction score
I was just talking to the wife about this last night, rough estimates ( cause I don't like true numbers, they scare me :) )

$15000-$18000 with the car. This is all over a 5yr period but most of it was last year during the 4v and suspension swap..

Brandon123

Reaction score
Does it ever make y'all sick to think that with all the money in your car, that you could be driving a actual nice car.... not a sn mustang? No doubt people here have some nice cars, but I know that I could have paid cash for a nice z06 or a nice down payment on a new shelby. I think about that all the time..

Wichers123

Reaction score
Wait wait wait, I'm I the only one who has no money in their car. I have a 5k in it and that's with vortech and cobra short block. When I'm done maybe 7500 and that's including the car.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Does it ever make y'all sick to think that with all the money in your car, that you could be driving a actual nice car.... not a sn mustang? No doubt people here have some nice cars, but I know that I could have paid cash for a nice z06 or a nice down payment on a new shelby. I think about that all the time..

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. In short, no.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score

I'd honestly put the money into the SN95. It's something I built. And you can't buy anything and have the same pride for it as something you built.

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I lost track, but it's kinda like buying another used car :)

Mr.Eman

Reaction score
When someone flashes you a thumbs up or yells "Nice ride" does it really matter how much you spent?

Nightmare

Reaction score
I have about 30k stuck into my car so far including the price that I paid for the car.....To think I could of had a Cobra for that.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm probably at about $4000 in regular parts and $1000 in ebay parts.

:headbang:

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'd honestly put the money into the SN95. It's something I built. And you can't buy anything and have the same pride for it as something you built.

I agree. I was 16, can't believe I'm turning 18 and still love my SN. I've put a lot into it, made it how I like, sound how I want it too etc.. And you know what, its almost 20 years old, looks better than 75% of the cars on the road and is overall just a fun experience. Why be like everyone else and go spend 40, 50, 60k when I can have what I have, owe no payments.. Its mine. Every so often i get a thumbs up, or nice car at the gas station. It makes it all worth it, frankly idgaf if you like my car or not, but if you do that adds to the cars value imo. Best part of these cars, have a bad day at school or work? Get in and just cruise, its like meditation.
When someone flashes you a thumbs up or yells "Nice ride" does it really matter how much you spent?
That does it for me. Makes me feel so good when people do that, its nice to have other people recognize your hard work.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I agree. I was 16, can't believe I'm turning 18 and still love my SN. I've put a lot into it, made it how I like, sound how I want it too etc.. And you know what, its almost 20 years old, looks better than 75% of the cars on the road and is overall just a fun experience. Why be like everyone else and go spend 40, 50, 60k when I can have what I have, owe no payments.. Its mine. Every so often i get a thumbs up, or nice car at the gas station. It makes it all worth it, frankly idgaf if you like my car or not, but if you do that adds to the cars value imo. Best part of these cars, have a bad day at school or work? Get in and just cruise, its like meditation.

I was 15 when I got mine. Paid for it with my own money. No mommy and daddy funding here. I still haven't registered it yet... But that will come soon. And I will have so much more fun and pride in it when it's on the road. People give me shit for having taken so long on the car. **** them. Let's see them rebuild a car while earning the money to fund it.

This kid on twitter keeps talking shit about how mustangs are shit. And specifically how I put way too much money into my car... He doesn't even have a car. He drives his moms Toyota corolla and my mustang has WAY bigger balls sitting in my driveway than his moms whip.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

It's never even crossed my mind. I chose to drive what I drive (applicable to both my car and truck).

EDIT: There's also a great deal of pride I have with both my vehicles. To me, pride is something that cannot be had with any s197 (at this point in time) because let's face it, you bought it and did a few things. None of them are pieces of shit yet, they're too new. So guys standing puff chested next to their '13 shelby at a car show, to me, are simply showing off dollar bills, not any real work or long term maintenece that's been put into it to keep it as nice as it is.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Having a car you build, that is custom the way you want it is better than a factory ride IMO.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You you guys really need to start flipping cars or parts.

im actually quite awful at that. I've tried with some of the mustang stuff I did. I'm still holding onto a 03/04 cobra supercahrger tank..... :-/

some people are good at it. I'm just "not" -- i either get low-ball offers, or the parts arent desired, or whatever..... .. ...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Having a car you build, that is custom the way you want it is better than a factory ride IMO.
Amen.
It's never even crossed my mind. I chose to drive what I drive (applicable to both my car and truck).

EDIT: There's also a great deal of pride I have with both my vehicles. To me, pride is something that cannot be had with any s197 (at this point in time) because let's face it, you bought it and did a few things. None of them are pieces of shit yet, they're too new. So guys standing puff chested next to their '13 shelby at a car show, to me, are simply showing off dollar bills, not any real work or long term maintenece that's been put into it to keep it as nice as it is.

Thats some truthful shit right there. Never thought of that. Think about it though.. Spent lets say 6500 on mine, put $$ in and its come a long way. Go buy a 14' 5.0 or Shelby and everythings basically done, you don't really start with a clean slate so to speak. You can mod them, but its nothing like completelh transforming one of these SN95s (new edges included) or foxbodies.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
im actually quite awful at that. I've tried with some of the mustang stuff I did. I'm still holding onto a 03/04 cobra supercahrger tank..... :-/

some people are good at it. I'm just "not" -- i either get low-ball offers, or the parts arent desired, or whatever..... .. ...

gotta believe in yourself Chris :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online