How to get my car to SHINE?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i find miguires stage 1 to be pretty soft deep clean... my friend uses their professional series which has a much harsher abrasive compound...

OP
OP

302Feen

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
justinschmidt1 said:
OnyxCobra said:
just some Stereo #2 polish with a wool pad and the buffer at about 1200rpm does an amazing job.  Hit the car with that and throw a coat of good wax on it (I've recently been using Meguire's NXT liquid, pretty impressed) and the car will look sickness.  No need to get all fancy with like 4 stage processes...

That depends on the condition of his paint.

If his paint is old,beat, scratched, and oxidized, he will need to do more than a light polish/wax.

He would need a hardcore polish to get through the scratches and oxidation and then would have to move on to at least 1 more lighter polish to remove some of the markings from the heavy polish and smooth it out before applying wax.

I cant see his car so I have no idea what it looks like.

yeah... but he said the paint isn't even a year old, it shouldn't need a lot of work.  Obviously if the paint is older you can cut it with a mild compound first and then finish up with the polish and wax, but the age of his paint should not require much work to make it shine nice, and as long as the paint is in decent condition Stereo 2 works amazing and goes on like butter.

Yeah, my paint still looks pretty amazing. I take really good care of it. I love detailing my car, I'm just new at the whole deal so I don't know all the good brands and all the steps in making a car look the way I want it to look.
Like I said, my paint still shines like brand new, I just want that "depth" to it. I want it to look like you could almost swim in it. I hope that makes sense...

I know I haven't posted any of my pics yet but here is a link to my allfordmustangs.com profile, so check out the pics and I hope you guys like beautiful antique cars because we have a nice collection that we're very proud of...

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/members/302feen.html
Click on "view All My Gallery Photo's" and tell me what you think.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea...I know what you mean.

Your really just gonna have to try out different products and see what works best.

Differant products seem to do different things to different colors.

I would still say to try some 1z polish

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online