HPDE or Track car pics

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
'96 GT, PI head swapped 4.6, just got it "track ready" about a month ago so it won't run until spring. Sears point, thunder hill, and laguna seca probably. Pictures were taken over a few months so there are minor changes (seats, decals, etc). More pics on my flickr

8887024531_6ae14b6a61_c.jpg

9337215480_d278a2d6bb_c.jpg

11359658844_5df55d7b7a_c.jpg

11359717633_8ab84688c7_c.jpg

11359576235_aa5138cd18_c.jpg

11359719453_b927dd02b9_c.jpg

wmfateam

Reaction score
'96 GT, PI head swapped 4.6, just got it "track ready" about a month ago so it won't run until spring. Sears point, thunder hill, and laguna seca probably. Pictures were taken over a few months so there are minor changes (seats, decals, etc). More pics

That is freaking clean and sick.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Name:Scott
Car:95 GT, Auto Meter dash, Zeitronix wideband AFR, Corbeau driver and passenger seats, rear seat delete, Hurst shifter, tow straps front and rear, de-winged
Drivetrain:Stock motor @ 185rwhp, stock T-5, aluminum flywheel, aluminum driveshaft, Torsen T-2 diff, 3.55 gears, 3-core aluminum rad
Suspension:H&R Race springs, Tokico Blue shocks/struts, full length SFC, MM C/C plates, MM Extreme Duty rear LCAs, poly bushes on front sway, front endlinks, engine and trans mounts
Brakes:Cobra front and rear rotors and calipers, HP+ brake pads, Agent 47 front brake duct kit, stock 95 master cylinder
Wheels:Enkei RPF1 17 x 9 front and back, Nitto NT05 255/40 17 front and back
Tracks:Sebring International, Homestead Miami

Big updates coming very soon!

_T9R6872-1783711240-O.jpg

_MG_9667-1783706418-O.jpg

_MG_8854-1783705514-O.jpg

_MG_1906-1783704086-O.jpg

ba#97

Reaction score
ah! looking at these pics really makes me want to get my new car out to the track now so I can post some pics up myself! feb 7th....back to Thunderhill.

ba#97

Reaction score
Name:
Scott
Car:
95 GT, Auto Meter dash, Zeitronix wideband AFR, Corbeau driver and passenger seats, rear seat delete, Hurst shifter, tow straps front and rear, de-winged
Drivetrain:
Stock motor @ 185rwhp, stock T-5, aluminum flywheel, aluminum driveshaft, Torsen T-2 diff, 3.55 gears, 3-core aluminum rad
Suspension:
H&R Race springs, Tokico Blue shocks/struts, full length SFC, MM C/C plates, MM Extreme Duty rear LCAs, poly bushes on front sway, front endlinks, engine and trans mounts
Brakes:
Cobra front and rear rotors and calipers, HP+ brake pads, Agent 47 front brake duct kit, stock 95 master cylinder
Wheels:
Enkei RPF1 17 x 9 front and back, Nitto NT05 255/40 17 front and back
Tracks:
Sebring International, Homestead Miami

Big updates coming very soon!

_T9R6872-1783711240-O.jpg

_MG_9667-1783706418-O.jpg

_MG_8854-1783705514-O.jpg

_MG_1906-1783704086-O.jpg

Why didn't you go with 275/40-17 nt05's on those wheels? I feel like for the track for our cars that's a pretty common and well versed setup honestly.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why didn't you go with 275/40-17 nt05's on those wheels? I feel like for the track for our cars that's a pretty common and well versed setup honestly.

There were/are a couple reasons: One was at the time I didn't want to put 275's on a 9" wheel, thought there might be too much sidewall flex. Also, my car currently has the stock motor pushing out an earth-shaking 185 rwhp, so I didn't think wider tires were really necessary at that point. Also, I'm going to be participating in NASA TT, and I get assessed points for tire sizes over my base class, so I probably won't be going any larger than 255, and maybe drop down to 245 with R-comps. I'm going to be working over the engine, so we'll see if I need more traction, but even then I'm going to be keeping it to like 260 rwhp or so. And I've got MM coil-overs in the garage for the front/rear and a panhard bar - I expect to be able to use more of my traction in the rear. If I was going all out with regard to power, then I would put the biggest tires on there that would fit. And I still may go to 275, it just depends on how the points fall out and if I can afford those points.

ba#97

Reaction score
There were/are a couple reasons: One was at the time I didn't want to put 275's on a 9" wheel, thought there might be too much sidewall flex. Also, my car currently has the stock motor pushing out an earth-shaking 185 rwhp, so I didn't think wider tires were really necessary at that point. Also, I'm going to be participating in NASA TT, and I get assessed points for tire sizes over my base class, so I probably won't be going any larger than 255, and maybe drop down to 245 with R-comps. I'm going to be working over the engine, so we'll see if I need more traction, but even then I'm going to be keeping it to like 260 rwhp or so. And I've got MM coil-overs in the garage for the front/rear and a panhard bar - I expect to be able to use more of my traction in the rear. If I was going all out with regard to power, then I would put the biggest tires on there that would fit. And I still may go to 275, it just depends on how the points fall out and if I can afford those points.

275's are pretty much the most common tire choice for our cars on the track, reason being they are relatively affordable, fit on a 17x9in wheel perfectly....do not flex on that wheel (17x9's are very common on our cars too), and they really aren't that big in the grand scheme of things. cost wouldn't be much more than what you're paying for now, as for r comps...you might want to look and see if they even make them in a size like 245 and here's another thing.....you can find used 275/40-17 ra1's off of racecars etc etc that may be sold for super cheap that those cmc and american iron guys don't want anymore. some of those guys use em for a tiny amount of time and then get rid of them...with plenty of life left. I got a set of bfg r1's for super cheap and got a ton of track days out of them. don't think about your power when it comes to the tires honestly. as for NASA TT points....I think the tires will be worth the points. hopefully rich can chime in because I believe that is what is on his car.

ba#97

Reaction score
275's are pretty much the most common tire choice for our cars on the track, reason being they are relatively affordable, fit on a 17x9in wheel perfectly....do not flex on that wheel (17x9's are very common on our cars too), and they really aren't that big in the grand scheme of things. cost wouldn't be much more than what you're paying for now, as for r comps...you might want to look and see if they even make them in a size like 245 and here's another thing.....you can find used 275/40-17 ra1's off of racecars etc etc that may be sold for super cheap that those cmc and american iron guys don't want anymore. some of those guys use em for a tiny amount of time and then get rid of them...with plenty of life left. I got a set of bfg r1's for super cheap and got a ton of track days out of them. don't think about your power when it comes to the tires honestly. as for NASA TT points....I think the tires will be worth the points. hopefully rich can chime in because I believe that is what is on his car.

when it comes to cheap r compound tires for nasa TT or something like that...I would go with RA1's or NT01's in 275 no matter what. for the bang for your buck because from what i've been told...you can usually get a full season out of them. just food for thought. my car has always had 275's or more on it.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
when it comes to cheap r compound tires for nasa TT or something like that...I would go with RA1's or NT01's in 275 no matter what. for the bang for your buck because from what i've been told...you can usually get a full season out of them. just food for thought. my car has always had 275's or more on it.

I hear you man, I'd love to run 275's - but if I don't have the points to cover them then I don't have the points :)

Bakerderek0

Reaction score
Name: Derek Age 27
Car: 94 Gt Convertible
Drivetrain: Stock 5.0 & Stock T5
Suspension: MM Panhard Bar, MM Torque Arm, BBS Lower Control Arms, KW Variant 1 Coilovers, PBR Brake Swap, Full Length Subframe Connectors
Tires: 17x10 With 275/40/17 Hoosier R6
Safety: Full Race Cage, 5 point harnesses
Tracks: Road Atlanta
tcxb.jpg
b0pj.jpg

wmfateam

Reaction score
So far I love them. I did 6 track days (four sessions each) and one autocross on them before I fit the cords from the right front. I didn't daily them, have a second set of rims. I don't have much interior nor a radio, but I don't think they were too loud. Step above my R888's. Might be going with Maxxis RC1'S next, not sure though.

wmfateam

Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;zAXolQfE7w0]http://youtu.be/zAXolQfE7w0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;gQpVhIqicr4]http://youtu.be/gQpVhIqicr4[/video]

First and second sessions on Saturday. Running with ProAuto Sports. Started to get hot on the last session and my NT01's are now cording, after 6 days (4 sessions a day). Still working on the driver mod, also need to fix up the role centers, weight, role cage, front coilovers and safety equipment (seat, harness and Hans).

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ how much whp do you have?

And love the vids, by the way. I could watch vids like that all day long :)

wmfateam

Reaction score
Pretty much stock. It has Steeda underdrive pulleys, a drop in K&N and cat less x pipe. It weighs 3460lbs with me and a half tank of fuel. I haven't dyno'ed yet, that will be in January.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much stock. It has Steeda underdrive pulleys, a drop in K&N and cat less x pipe. It weighs 3460lbs with me and a half tank of fuel. I haven't dyno'ed yet, that will be in January.

You were pulling pretty hard on some of those cars - that's a 96 Cobra, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online