IAT sensor relocation for the Vortech?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I would imagine the tuning will be different for the two but otherwise its still doing the same thing. I can completely understand the idea of having it after the blower which is why I have an aftermarket gauge to do that on mine. Of course it doesn't do anything for the tuning but it will help to know what is going on both for tuning and while driving.
Your going to be running meth i would def relocate to the lower intake. .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Your going to be running meth i would def relocate to the lower intake. .

Sorry to thread-jack.

Do you mean for a more accurate reading and do you mean the stocker or the aftermarket? The stock like I said the stocker is up by the maf, the aftermarket is actually going in the EGR hole in the upper which would obviously be a good 6" away from the meth nozzle which is in front of the TB.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
The stock iat.. forgot what lower intake you are running.. a lot lower intakes have a threated boss for it all ready since the fox have it there on the #5 runner.. you want to to read the cooled air.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The stock iat.. forgot what lower intake you are running.. a lot lower intakes have a threated boss for it all ready since the fox have it there on the #5 runner.. you want to to read the cooled air.

using a 94 cobra lower and I don't know of any spots on the lower to put it. I could and would have when it was out as I drilled/tapped a 2nd hole for my gauges temp sensor so I could keep the stock gauge working. Maybe next time its out I will but for now shouldn't it be ok in the EGR hole?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea the sensor sticks out pretty far if I screw it in all the way and its just enough for the tip to be in the airflow. I have been slightly concerned with heat soak with this location but if it isn't any good it will not be hard to put a new plate on the egr hole and move it to a better location.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
So yours is mounted as shown in the pic that I posted of the red mustang? When you installed it there, was there a difference in the idle?

No, mine is located where the yellow arrows point, underneath.

PooP%204_zpsvru892j7.jpg

My car runs like a raped ape.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Scott your making a new intake tube. You could get a threated insert welded and put it there.. switch to a metal sensor instead of plastic. .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that would put the AIT directly next to the meth nozzle and if I am reading that link correctly it says the sn95 computer doesn't work as well as a fox computer with the ait in the lower?

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
that would put the AIT directly next to the meth nozzle and if I am reading that link correctly it says the sn95 computer doesn't work as well as a fox computer with the ait in the lower?
If you're using meth you want it in the runner. Period. And it's not a gauge.. Fuel and timing tables are directly calculated off of ect and iat readings. If my meth stops working and iats spike, my tune pulls timing.

Kind of pointless to have a sensor if you aren't going to utilize it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
If you're using meth you want it in the runner. Period. And it's not a gauge.. Fuel and timing tables are directly calculated off of ect and iat readings. If my meth stops working and iats spike, my tune pulls timing.

Kind of pointless to have a sensor if you aren't going to utilize it

I believe he is running a sensor for his gauge to monitor iat's

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
I believe he is running a sensor for his gauge to monitor iat's
Reread the threat. Got that. Stock sensor should still go to the runner and the gauge sensor can go to the egr

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Reread the threat. Got that. Stock sensor should still go to the runner and the gauge sensor can go to the egr

Thats what i would do. But the 94 cobra intake doesn't have a spot for it. He would have to drill and tap. Or switch lower.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Thats what i would do. But the 94 cobra intake doesn't have a spot for it. He would have to drill and tap. Or switch lower.
Correct.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
I installed the IAT sensor and the car idles much better than before and no more code 53. The car will not run good when the car is cold, it starts right up and the idle is poor and rough but once it warms up it runs better. Now the service light is on for a code 14 and 19.
shakehead.gif
Code 14 is pip signal and Code 19 pcm voltage regulator. When the car is running at operating temp it does not die. How do I go about diagnosing the pip signal and pcm voltage regulator? Is the distributor bad? What else could be the problem be?

2ztlxyt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online