IF YOU KNOW ABOUT CLUTCHES>>>GET IN HERE ASAP!

94Vert

Reaction score
scarface said:
400 miles ago I had a new centerforce DF clutch, new TO bearing, new pivot ball, new clutch fork,and a new pilot bearing installed in my cobra. Well from the second I picked it up I noticed the clutch engaged a hair(literally) off the floor, and I couldnt shift very fast at all.

Even though you didn't pay for it there still should be some sort of warranty.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Twista said:
Nto to hijack, but does this "pull up on the clutch padel" work on 97 gt's??
yes, put the car in first and pull up on the clutch pedal....with the car off of course. ;D

i have a brand new UPR triple pickup if you wanna buy it david. :)

OP
OP
S

scarface

tRaV_19 said:
wow you get over 400 miles to a tank :hitit: im lucky if i get to 200 miles lol
I stil have a 1/8th of a tank to go...lol
94Vert said:
scarface said:
400 miles ago I had a new centerforce DF clutch, new TO bearing, new pivot ball, new clutch fork,and a new pilot bearing installed in my cobra. Well from the second I picked it up I noticed the clutch engaged a hair(literally) off the floor, and I couldnt shift very fast at all.

Even though you didn't pay for it there still should be some sort of warranty.
true, however, I would have to have it towed 1.5 hours back to where the work was done. I could have the tranny almost out myself in that time.
DFG_Pimpin said:
Twista said:
Nto to hijack, but does this "pull up on the clutch padel" work on 97 gt's??
yes, put the car in first and pull up on the clutch pedal....with the car off of course. ;D

i have a brand new UPR triple pickup if you wanna buy it david. :)
pm me a price bud :)

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you got a bum clutch. I would pull that clutch out, put it in a box, and bring the entire thing back to the guy you had install it. Tell him to get you a new one and install it yourself.

Have you ever done business with the guy who installed the clutch for you? Are you sure that the clutch he installed was new and not some cleaned up piece of shit?

OP
OP
S

scarface

uncltrvlnmatt said:
Sounds to me like you got a bum clutch. I would pull that clutch out, put it in a box, and bring the entire thing back to the guy you had install it. Tell him to get you a new one and install it yourself.

Have you ever done business with the guy who installed the clutch for you? Are you sure that the clutch he installed was new and not some cleaned up piece of shit?
yeah It was new, I was there when the seller gave him the new clutch. IT was done by a good shop. From reading around, it appears that I really needed a firewall adjuster and quadrant to get the adjustment right..but it is too late now I guess...Im just assuming the TOB is gone, I havent pulled it yet...look at the pics, can you visably see something wrong?

97blackgt

Reaction score
maybe when the TOB was put in it wasnt sitting squarly on the input shaft? that would proably cause the problem u had, but i would think the TOB would be put on squarly esp, since it was a decent shop....just throwing out some ideas

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
I was pretty sure the car had a firewall adjuster and new cable in it scar. I remember him doing atleast a new cable in my shop dude. It was having problems shifting, like if you tried to shift it fast it wouldnt have it, but shifting normal you would have no problems. I hope it works out for you though man, I dont know much else about that part of the car.

OP
OP
S

scarface

Its all good Mark...I got it fixed now. Shifts like butter. Clutch was out of adjustment and it started to chew up the TOB. Replaced it and adjusted it. I will be ordering a firewall adjuster and quadrant asap. Im not liking that shifter though, it appears to be a Upr shifter base, with a stock handle...Im seeing an MGW in the near future.

97blackgt

Reaction score
so scarface how come the first time when u first bought the car the adjustment didnt work? But now it does?

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Oh and glad you got it worked out, I knew it wasnt anything too bad, like I said that car has been through some ish but its certainly not ragged.

OP
OP
S

scarface

97blackgt said:
so scarface how come the first time when u first bought the car the adjustment didnt work? But now it does?
the adjustment on the cable itself was off, down at the clutch fork. Not the pull trick on the pedal.

see the threads on the top of the cable? It was too loose.
clutch002.jpg

OP
OP
S

scarface

WyoTechMSA said:
Oh and glad you got it worked out, I knew it wasnt anything too bad, like I said that car has been through some ish but its certainly not ragged.
Ide love to know what its been through...

97blackgt

Reaction score
hey thanks for the advice...to be honest i didnt even notice that adujustment down there thanks bro!! :drunk: O0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online