Installing subframe connectors

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd say remove your entire carpet from the car just to be safe. That's what me and some friends did way back when we did my car. This is the only good pic I have of the SFCs along with the previous rear suspension setup. But if you zoom in you can see it's a bit different than Stifflers or MM. These are square steel pieces with the jacking rails and the triangulations from outside to inside. Mine is a vert so the difference before and after was night and day.
I know some guys that set their interior on fire doing subframes.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Yea, it's easy when you put that much heat into the sheet metal. I wouldn't risk it, myself. I'd just take the 30 extra minutes to get all carpet outta there. Good excuse to really clean the inside anyway during that time.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would think if your putting enough heat into one section to put the interior at risk that you are just putting too much in one spot. But then it is not the best way to use to realize this, it would be a lot easier if they could make something like a turkey thermometer to pop up when the section is too hot. Ya know I mean for that to sound stupid but I have to wonder if something like that could work.....

joe65

Reaction score
I like the idea of the Stifflers set up, how much weight does that system add to the car? That's a lot of metal. Anyways, the MM full lengths are great jacking rails also. Just saying. Also after seeing that J_lope had that much fun burning himself, I'm really wanting a lift. I was thinking about learning to weld myself.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a buddy that wanted me to "help" him install an exhaust system. Now I knew by "help" that there was only so much help that a 375(at least) lb guy can do to install an exhaust and that this was probably more than I wanted to tackle on my own.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99