Installing the air filter and MAF on the vortech

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
Yeah I know the cut did not come out nice. I used an electric hand saw that did not cut to well. I will use a file to smooth out those rough edges.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
I got the power pipe positioned and for the spout connector, do the wires need to be lengthened? It won't reach into the engine bay area.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will probably sound stupid here but not being a motor dude I learn something here nearly every day. Whats the "spout" your talking about?

if it don't reach then yes it will need to be extended but I am pretty sure it should. I thought if you just separated if from the loom to pull it down that it would reach as my NA power pipe moved it down even further but it still reached. Sorry I can't be more help but I did a full wire tuck and then smoothed out the engine bay so I lengthened a lot of wires to make it all work. But I do have some good news that I just did a write up on how to extend a wire harness.

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?66965-how-to-extend-a-wire-harness

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not aware of anything having to be extended. . The only thing that hooks up to it is the maf and iat.. which is a harness of its own.. you might have to cut some tape and split some stuff. . All the spout is a jumper when its plugged in the computer knows to control timing when its unplug the computer stops controlling timing..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok see I thought that was called the pill and I was trying to remember what I was forgetting. I thought it was just he AIT, maf hrns.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
It's been a while. . I think the spout runs with the tfi and stuff I think the maf and iat it's a harness of its own but plugs in with to the other harness a lil further back. . If I remember right you can split that part and get a lil more slack if need it.. like I said it's been a while since I mess with it..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes I too remember taking the loom and tape off of the maf harness to get it too reach. I did extend the pill/spout on mine so I could have it hidden up behind the headlight housing or else it would have been stuck in the fender which would have made one more step to adjust the timing later.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
Here is the spout connector coming out the power pipe hole and there is no room for the power pipe to fit with the spout connector hanging in there. I removed some of the tape and I thought it might reach the next fender hole but the spout wire is still not long enough to reach the next hole in the fender.

iqbmky.jpg

234shz.jpg

kb1982

Reaction score
My spout connector isnt inside the engine bay. It just hangs out in the fenderwell right beneath my powerpipe.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
cut the tape off of the harness and peel back the stock loom and you should be able to pull it a little further away, otherwise its only two wires and in an easy location to get too so it would only take 10-15 mins to properly solder some extra lengths of wire to make it longer.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Don't worry to much at where it ends up.. once you set your timing you should not have to mess with it again. .

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
I extend the spout wires and ready to install the powerpipe and put the fender back together. There is this black plastic hose inside the wheel well and I don't remember if something connects to the end. Does anyone know if anything connects at the end of this black hose?

2i8jeyp.jpg

fbyzuu.jpg

2yy1jbs.jpg

33vi1sg.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think it had to do with the charcoal canister if I remember correctly but I have not seen it on my car for a little while now.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
Yes, that hose is already connected to the charcoal canister but where does the front of the hose connect to in the engine bay?

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
So nothing is connected at the end of the pipe and it is left open and exposed?

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
I finally got the pipe, MAF and filter on. I also installed a metal bracket on the housing to the frame so it stays in place.

210ycg6.jpg

zim6ih.jpg

Kboss87

Reaction score
How does your plastic inner fender cover fit? I tried to reinstall mine last night and I can't get it to line back up because of the power pipe. I'd really like to be able to reinstall it.

Not sure if I have the power pipe adjusted wrong, or if I just have to do something custom.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had wondered that myself honestly as with the 90 degree boot that was included with the kit I didn't think it was going to fit all that well myself. I got a 45 degree boot and swapped it out to fix this.
8308041407624961-0d4ee43966.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online