Interested in Classing your Car for NASA TT/PT?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, if any of you are interested in NASA TT/PT, or remotely interested, or just want to see what Classing and points is all about, I created an Excel file that (hopefully) makes it easier. This Excel file is based on the set of 2013 rules - while you don't need the rule book in front of you to use this file (which is sort of the point), it doesn't replace the rule book. If you are serious about starting TT/PT, you should still read the rules. This file is intended to make assessing points easier and allow you to play around which the effect of different changes on your total points/classing.

Link to Excel File

I was creating an Excel file for myself (I love spreadsheets) and came across Ken Brewer from the NASA forums. He already had a file started, so I used his as a jumping to point to what you see in the link. I've made significant changes over his original effort - mostly for me as I found certain things difficult to use or understand. I figured others might be able to benefit from the changes as well. So have it. Please let me know if you have any questions about the workbook or any issues. I'll update it with the set of 2014 rules when NASA releases them.

Lastly, while I give you my word I didn't do anything shiesty with the file like embed viruses or trojans, please don't take my word for it. Scan the file after downloading it. It never hurts to be sure, and knowing is half the battle!

RichV

Reaction score
To add to this...

TT and PT are different in safety rules because TT is a Time Trial class where you run against the clock. You are not running for position. You are not required to have a cage and CCR regulated safety equipment. The tech is more of a HPDE tech than a race tech.

PT is Performance Touring, it is a Wheel to Wheel class that requires a full cage, fire, seat, and other additional safety rules/equipment for the driver/car. You are competing for position in PT.

Both classes allow any platform, they go on a point system. A stock 'xxxxx' vehicle has a base point value, then you add points based on modification. Then you class your car TTB or PTB when the points are added together.

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, I should probably add something in there about the cage being required should the user select "PT."

RichV

Reaction score
Yea. And maybe that you need a NASA license to run in either. :)

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea. And maybe that you need a NASA license to run in either. :)

Very true :) The same holds also for pretty much any club - Chin Motorsports for example also requires a yearly "license."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001